28. Mär 2024, 18:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' Ring Hero  (Gelesen 38441 mal)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Imladris' Ring Hero
« am: 13. Mai 2015, 06:46 »
At moddb there is a fellow fan named TheToadSageJiraiya and said something reffering to Imladris ring heroe: <it would make more sense than to use elrond as a ring hero>

So, we all know that Lord Elrond always hated the One:

'All movie versions'

-The last alliance: -Isildur!!!! Destroy it!!!-
-The Hobbit: -He must be hunted down and destroyed once and for all- (he was not reffering to the One, but anyway ^^
-The Lord of the Rings: -You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed-

The lore is the lore, but we all want to see 'What if' situations, personally i love to see him as a new High King of the Noldor, but if we all follow the lore he would never ever take the ring for himself, nor even touch it.

So lets think, who are those characters that were in rivendel and desired the one?

*Galadriel? - But she is the main heroe of Lothlórien, so... NOT
*Saruman? - Its not The hobbit time, so theres no Saruman at Rivendell -also main heroe-, so... NOT
*Gandalf? - The same as before, so... NOT
*Cirdan? - a former ring bearer, so... NOT
*Lindir? - WTF!! really!!, of course NOT < Ha! nice joke man!! hahaha

So, theres no heroe suitable besides Lord Elrond, thats why he must stay! Here i write two alternatives to the ring mechanic:

Lets be honest, Rivendell is the only faction that wants to destroy the One, so why not take it to the fortress or the library or the forge & hide it -unitl the building is destroyed-
to the eyes of the enemy.

Or take it to the fortress & automatically appears a mini-horde named 'the fellowship of the ring' ^^ carrying the One & running away from the map (the same mechanic of the mordor or gondor allies but viceversa, instead of arriving, leaving the map), the thing is that mini-horde would not be formed of the heroes we all know, but of ordinary people: a hobbit, a ranger, a man, a dwarf & an elf. So every faction could be able to kill them, without any restriction to see Aragorn killing the Frodo for the ring ^^

That mini-horde would be visible for everyone, also not controllable for the imladris player & may run to the farthest corner to dissapear forever of that game ^^ But of course, it could be killed by a small armored army or several heroes.

At the end we will have a 'What if' Ring-Elrond & in the other hand, the following of the lore :)

Hope you like it!
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 16:02 von DieWalküre »
"Viva México"

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
Re: Imladris Ring Heroe
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Mai 2015, 08:31 »
Good ideas. We also thought about something similar already.

Though while it is true that Elrond never actually expressed any interest in using the Ring, you could say that every good Ring Hero is a "What if"-Character. Galadriel maybe openly desired the Ring, but in the end declined. Gandalf rejected it from the get go, although assuming that he could do many good things with it (at the beginning).
So saying that these people could take the Ring is not as far away from saying Elrond could do so as well, even if it's not as obvious. He's certainly powerful enough.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Jun 2015, 22:19 »
Ohhh Mr Adamin!!! Its a pleasure to share the ideas!!!! Thanks!!
"Viva México"

BuddhaCAT

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Jun 2015, 18:10 »
I agree with Adamin. The concept of a Ring-hero is highly speculative and is only in the game to make it more interesting. For the different factions there are different, more or less, suitable heros who may carry The One. The only thing that this changes is the characters powers and general power on the battlefield. Therefore I find it most interesting to have a new "Ring-concept" for Rivendell.

Yes it is true that Elrond is a person who is not "fond" of the ring, even though he would be able to wield it and possibly become much closer to his own elvish ring Viliya. I find him a good ring-hero as he is now, but let´s talk about a new concept.

The Rivendell elves, with Elrond as their leader, are not so likely to "use" The One as a acctual weapon. As is discussed at The council of Elrond, many suggestions are given to what to do with the ring. Some are linked to Tom Bombadill (ME:s own trollface) and others to a direct destruction of the ring. One however is rather unique and, in my opinion, suitable for the Noldor elves, that is: To send the ring over sea to the West.

In game-terms this would mean that after Imladris have captured the one Ring, they would (loudly thinking) take it to the citadel/fortress and then be able to "buy" a power saying "The Ring goes west" after that power is bought the ring disappears and cannot be used that game. Imladris as a faciton should get something "in reward" for sending the ring west, possibly some kind of power or training ability. This is just a concept.

BuddhaCAT

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Jun 2015, 18:14 »
Why the "fellowship idea", according to me, is rather odd is because it does´nt seem to give Imladris any powers or good-things from getting the ring, Imladris get the ring and then they send it away with some fellowship that can be killed rather easily by the other factions. The only thing you do is to create a new Gollum.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 21. Jun 2015, 19:33 »
The strider version of aragorn or Glorfindel will do

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Jun 2015, 12:09 »
I agree with Adamin. The concept of a Ring-hero is highly speculative and is only in the game to make it more interesting. For the different factions there are different, more or less, suitable heros who may carry The One. The only thing that this changes is the characters powers and general power on the battlefield. Therefore I find it most interesting to have a new "Ring-concept" for Rivendell.

Yes it is true that Elrond is a person who is not "fond" of the ring, even though he would be able to wield it and possibly become much closer to his own elvish ring Viliya. I find him a good ring-hero as he is now, but let´s talk about a new concept.

The Rivendell elves, with Elrond as their leader, are not so likely to "use" The One as a acctual weapon. As is discussed at The council of Elrond, many suggestions are given to what to do with the ring. Some are linked to Tom Bombadill (ME:s own trollface) and others to a direct destruction of the ring. One however is rather unique and, in my opinion, suitable for the Noldor elves, that is: To send the ring over sea to the West.

In game-terms this would mean that after Imladris have captured the one Ring, they would (loudly thinking) take it to the citadel/fortress and then be able to "buy" a power saying "The Ring goes west" after that power is bought the ring disappears and cannot be used that game. Imladris as a faciton should get something "in reward" for sending the ring west, possibly some kind of power or training ability. This is just a concept.
well the logic is rather interesting, but i think it's actually impossible to completely delete the ring from the game (technically impossible). Not to mention that would kind of be disappointing for all the players; other factions get cool awesome heroes, and Imladres just "remove" the ring?
I understand that to to balance it, there would be some really powerful buff, but in all factions the enemy can counter your Ring user (hero or whatever) and take the ring for himself. How the enemy would counter the bonus that Imladris get?

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Jun 2015, 12:51 »
Imladris has quite a unique and cool concept for their ring hero in 4.0; I encourage you to wait until Imladris is released and check it out :)
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Jun 2015, 22:16 »
One however is rather unique and, in my opinion, suitable for the Noldor elves, that is: To send the ring over sea to the West.

I don't remember precisely the exact words of Tolkien, but Elrond decides to avoid this choice anyway, judging it negative as all the other alternative ones.
Elrond knows in his wisdom that beyond the Sea the Elves of Eressëa and Eldamar would have rightly rejected the One Ring, as a burden that they would have not had the duty to bear; not to mention that the people of Valinor would have probably rejected it with more perseverance, denying the entrance of a such powerful and evil object in the Land of the Valar.
And the Valar would have never sent anyone or anything as a gift for Elves and Men if they had sent the One Ring beyond the Sea, for they decided not to get involved anymore in the events of the World after the War of Wrath and the betrayal of Númenor, when, by the way, the Undying Lands were completely removed from Arda; any kind of reward for something like this is thus very unlikely  :)

I still support Elrond with the One Ring, he might be able to control its power, at least only in the fictional system of the game  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jun 2015, 22:34 von DieWalküre »

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 26. Jun 2015, 22:55 »
Imladris could use the Ring to periodically call Celebrimbor, this elvish hero that could convert orcs to create an army with blue eyes !

Euh.. not this one !

(joke)
Hard to make other propositions. But impatient to see how Imladris will look like in 4.0 !

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Jun 2015, 23:29 »
The first one is actually in the mod.
try to find it  :D

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 28. Jun 2015, 15:33 »

Hard to make other propositions. But impatient to see how Imladris will look like in 4.0 !

Hard indeed to make other propositions other than Elrond carrying the One Ring for the sake of Middle Earth.

You are right to be impatient, I'm sure that Imladris will be flawless and wonderful, as all the Noldor are  :)

King-Thranduil

• Hobbit
  • Dail ú-chyn Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannat
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Jul 2015, 17:11 »
Some suggestions:
Manwe
Celebrimbor
Gil-Galad
Eärendil

That's all i could've think of  :D :D

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Jul 2015, 17:30 »
Why should dead Elves be revived by the one ring?
And with which grounds or system?
Greetings, CynasFan
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

King-Thranduil

• Hobbit
  • Dail ú-chyn Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannat
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Jul 2015, 17:32 »
Then why should LONG-DEAD Durin be revived by the one ring?