17. Apr 2024, 01:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' Ring Hero  (Gelesen 38820 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Imladris' Ring Hero
« Antwort #75 am: 23. Feb 2016, 13:12 »
IIRC, a beta tester once said that they had found some interesting mechanisms.
Can confirm. xD
But that doesn't mean that you can't discuss ideas concerning factions that are not yet released^^

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #76 am: 23. Feb 2016, 14:07 »
Adrigabbro, I am also a Beta Tester and I can confirm and support Elendil's words.
Otherwise, I should have to shut down half of the threads in the General Suggestions board, I guess, depriving this forum of a great proposing and conceptual potential  ;)

Saeros, you have the right to do whatever you want with your unique concept if you are determined and convinced about it.
Only, I wanted to question that your ideas still don't resolve completely the core issues raised throughout the debate.

And, yes, I know too what will be the final solution in the game, even though I can't obviously reveal anything for the due reasons  xD
I just wanted to make clear that the right reasoning to follow is exactly going beyond what we have been commonly used to with the other factions.
Beyond the limits...  :D

Nevertheless, if someone else has other opinions to present, it's very welcome to do it and contribute as well to the discussion  :)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #77 am: 23. Feb 2016, 14:28 »
Alright, didn't mean to sound rude.  ;) My apologize.

"That still only counts as one!"

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #78 am: 23. Feb 2016, 16:34 »
Well, concerning the "Ring Hero Problematic" I can only qoute Adamin:

Though while it is true that Elrond never actually expressed any interest in using the Ring, you could say that every good Ring Hero is a "What if"-Character. Galadriel maybe openly desired the Ring, but in the end declined. Gandalf rejected it from the get go, although assuming that he could do many good things with it (at the beginning).
So saying that these people could take the Ring is not as far away from saying Elrond could do so as well, even if it's not as obvious. He's certainly powerful enough.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #79 am: 23. Feb 2016, 16:46 »
Okay, if I understand this correctly, from Elendil and Walks comments is that the team have already decided on what to do for the Imladris Ring Hero situation, and have begun implementing it. However, the Beta players obviously can't say.

If so, damnit I want to know really badly now, and if not, my apologies for misunderstanding. :D
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #80 am: 23. Feb 2016, 17:28 »
Okay, if I understand this correctly, from Elendil and Walks comments is that the team have already decided on what to do for the Imladris Ring Hero situation, and have begun implementing it. However, the Beta players obviously can't say.

If so, damnit I want to know really badly now, and if not, my apologies for misunderstanding. :D

It means that we will tease you until the actual release of Imladris  :D
No, apart from the jokes, I really can't reveal anything that is not an official news.
But, this doesn't obviously mean that we can't build a conceptual insight into these matters  ;)

Saruman, I agree with Adamin's comment, but that was really one of the earliest comments of this thread, when our debate was at its initial steps.

Furthermore, I think I never really objected the idea of having Elrond or Glorfindel as suitable ring heroes because they are not powerful and authoritative enough.
The point is that, among all the other what-if situations conceived for the other factions, everything regarding Rivendell must necessarily cope with the specific and iconic pure nature of the faction, so that the common solution found for the other factions could seem to be too much stretched and contradictory than the other ones currently (necessarily) are, in case it were applied to Imladris too.

Galadriel expressed her desire for the One Ring and actually gave us a representation of what might have been the consequences for her and her realm.
Lothlórien is just legitimate to have its current ring function, despite the faction's pure nature.
Gandalf expressed too some considerations about the matter, and Gondor itself (as a Human faction deeply characterised by honour, glory and the longing for power) theoretically opens some what-if spaces to speculate around regarding the One Ring.
Rohan is a particular case, but we are still talking about a Human faction, where honour, pride and the regaining of glory are significantly present as well.
The Dwarves have their own specific ring function; but we could nonetheless see honour-related aspects within the faction, and the greed theme connected to the research of more wealth/power.
Anyway, as I wrote, Durin is really a specific case on its own.

What about Imladris?
Do we really have proper what-if aspects that we might explore and expand properly, still in the common perspective that the other factions follow?
I don't think so  :)

P.S. I referred to honour having mainly in mind the negative consequences if it transforms into pure ambition of power and glory (feelings that the One Ring can take advantage of very well).
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Feb 2016, 17:34 von DieWalküre »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #81 am: 23. Feb 2016, 18:40 »
I got a little disappointed  :P
Zitat
Saeros, you have the right to do whatever you want with your unique concept if you are determined and convinced about it.

If this making a submod or something like that, my dreams are shuttered, for as I said I have absolutely no idea of interfering with the game files...

Zitat
Only, I wanted to question that your ideas still don't resolve completely the core issues raised throughout the debate.
I guessed my idea was able to solve those concerns and by the details I gave, I thought this suggestion could find its way in the mod.

Anyway I guess I have to wait and see what the team has made for us, and if I have any objections or anything I'll  try to reset my idea and see where and if it will lead to anywhere.

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #82 am: 23. Feb 2016, 19:41 »
@DieWalküre: Well, the elves are sad to leave Middle-Earth, and after the ring is destroyed their realms will fade. They also have the longing for the glory of past ages. So Elrond as High King of the Noldor, restoring the old splendour makes sense throughout.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #83 am: 23. Feb 2016, 20:37 »
I have one more idea. (Yes, I heard that ET have picked already the most fitting solution, but I'd like to share it anyway.)

When ring is found, Elrond is confused and don't know what to do, so... he sends one of his most trusted man to valinor, in order to take advice from Valars. In response, one of the heroes of past ages is sent back with message to Elrond. (I know, Valars don't take part in events of middle earth. But it's once again "if".)

I think that this solution is kinda interesting and creates possibilities to bring in some heroes.

How could this system look? It's simple. Player will take ring into the fortress where it will be destroyed (moved out from the actual game) what will lunch countdown. And after countdown, this hero will show up one the edge of map, like harad/rhun/fiefdoms reinforcements. And of course it will be a ring hero. If enemy manage to kill him, ring is free to take.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #84 am: 23. Feb 2016, 21:08 »
@DieWalküre: Well, the elves are sad to leave Middle-Earth, and after the ring is destroyed their realms will fade. They also have the longing for the glory of past ages. So Elrond as High King of the Noldor, restoring the old splendour makes sense throughout.

I think it doesn't make so much sense, though.
Because the pivotal fact is that Elrond doesn't have and wouldn't have the intention and will of achieving something of that kind, accepting the ineluctable destiny of the Elves and remembering what type of effects the One Ring eventually displays (in his total refusal of the One Ring, I always found him a bit 'purer' than Galadriel, regarding this very specific aspect).

That's why I believe it would be highly difficult moving throughout this what-if possibility to seek for not so inaccurate concepts.

In fact, the solution that has been found exactly reflects the fact that Imladris doesn't want the One Ring  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Feb 2016, 21:11 von DieWalküre »

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #85 am: 24. Feb 2016, 06:41 »

I think it doesn't make so much sense, though.
Because the pivotal fact is that Elrond doesn't have and wouldn't have the intention and will of achieving something of that kind, accepting the ineluctable destiny of the Elves and remembering what type of effects the One Ring eventually displays (in his total refusal of the One Ring, I always found him a bit 'purer' than Galadriel, regarding this very specific aspect).

That's why I believe it would be highly difficult moving throughout this what-if possibility to seek for not so inaccurate concepts.

In fact, the solution that has been found exactly reflects the fact that Imladris doesn't want the One Ring  ;)

Ok. A pity. I've always loved the High King mechanic! 8-| Elrond is my favourite Elven-character of the third age (sorry, Galadriel fans! ;)). But I don't doubt that the solution the team came up with will be excellent too.

-Immanuel Kant-

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #86 am: 27. Apr 2016, 11:06 »
i think that for the concept of the fellowship it could be a unit controllable by Imladris, a unit like the black riders in Mordor with some powers, it can be just five random heroes from other factions, for exemple, 30% chance to get (Bard, legolas, Gimli, faramir, boromir, gloin, aragorn, haldir, and some others heroes that COULD be in the council of Elrond) :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #87 am: 27. Apr 2016, 18:32 »
One thing that I have in my mind that when Elrond (I suppose he is a ring hero) gets the ring he could gain new abilities (or the old ones remain with stronger effects) but when he uses some of them it cost's him not hit points (like Zaphragor) but experience. This could be a reference as the ring corrupts the minds of people. So all his ring abilities would be available at level 1 and he would get exp faster than other heroes due to that his abilities cost exp points and have cooldown (ofc).

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #88 am: 27. Apr 2016, 18:48 »
One thing that I have in my mind that when Elrond (I suppose he is a ring hero) gets the ring he could gain new abilities (or the old ones remain with stronger effects) but when he uses some of them it cost's him not hit points (like Zaphragor) but experience. This could be a reference as the ring corrupts the minds of people. So all his ring abilities would be available at level 1 and he would get exp faster than other heroes due to that his abilities cost exp points and have cooldown (ofc).
I like this concept, although I would make some abilities be more than level 1 just to up the stakes.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #89 am: 27. Apr 2016, 18:53 »
Elrond is very likely not to be the Ring Hero of Imladris anymore. If you take a look at the previous posts, it is explained that the Edain Team will probably opt for an alternative and innovative Ring System for Imladris; the idea of a pure and sacred faction as Rivendell using the One Ring has always been problematic.

The new system will exactly reflect the fact that Imladris doesn't want the One Ring, and it rejects it. I can't say more for obvious reasons, but I sincerely invite you to wait for the release, or until the Edain Team reveals other details  :)