28. Mär 2024, 09:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' Ring Hero  (Gelesen 38417 mal)

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
Re: Imladris Ring Heroe
« Antwort #15 am: 10. Jul 2015, 18:23 »
Durin is mortal, but he gets revived by his sons named also Durin, because they all was like the first one. So the dwarfes thougt, Durin is immortal and Aule brings him back every time, to receive the spirit of the dwarfes.
Elves are immortal, if they go to the West, but they can´t receive.
I hope you can unterstand this and that´s also the ground, how the Edain team argues.
Greetings from Germany, CynasFan
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 10. Jul 2015, 18:23 »
Then why should LONG-DEAD Durin be revived by the one ring?

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Durin

Durin is a dwarven reincarnation legend. So Edain just implemented this myth, which is quite lorewise.
Reviving an dead elf isn't lore wise at all, because there are no hints for a revived elf in Middle-Earth.
Greetings
Maraelion

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #17 am: 11. Jul 2015, 01:07 »
Because Durin is DEATHLESS, or so do the Dwarves believe.
Basically each King Durin is actually the same Durin reincarnated. So it isn't that far fetched to imagine Durin returning to his people.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 11. Jul 2015, 23:17 »
Some suggestions:
Manwe
Celebrimbor
Gil-Galad
Eärendil

That's all i could've think of  :D :D

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the lore is very clear and 'nuclear' about proposals like yours.

Celebrimbor and Gil-galad have been dead for more than 3000 years by the time of the War of the Ring, and are thus either still mourning in the Halls of Mandos as spirits, or reborn in Valinor as Blessed Elves; they are anyway in Aman, and thus are bound to remain in this continent forever, as the 'supreme rule' of the World for the Elves ineluctably implies, and can't then be revived or return to Middle Earth (the spell 'The Last Alliance' only summons Gil-galad temporarily, and it is a tribute/reconstruction of the Second Age).
Anyone who reaches Aman, both due to Death (Halls of Mandos) or Return (Grey Havens), can't leave this land and return to Arda (apart from very few exceptions).

Eärendil is of course alive, as an immortal elf, but was ordered by the Valar to guard forever the Skyes of Arda and Aman with his Enchanted Ship, and thus can't go back to Middle Earth.

Manwë, eventually, is the most unlikely scenario, for very important and solid reasons.

- He is the King of the Valar and the King of the whole World, and he could virtually do and dispose anything he wants due to his absolute authority; but the Valar chose not to get directly involved anymore in the problems of Middle Earth, after the destructive (but victorious) War of Wrath, and chose not to personally fight anymore in any battle even before the First Age, since they sent an army of Vanyar and the Maia Eönwë in Beleriand.
The powers of the Valar is holy and good, but still destructive in war; if any of them fought in Middle Earth during the Third Age, it would cause a complete cataclysm.

- How in the world an evil and inferior (for a point of view of a Vala) object, as it is the One Ring, should summon Manwë (the Supreme Authority in the World), or even be worn by him?  :o

- Manwë is a Vala, is not an Elf.
He is the leader of both Arda and Aman, but he truly 'belongs' to Valinor, the Blessed Realm in which live mostly Vanyar and Maiar; Imladris (Noldor) is, on the other way, related and 'belongs' to Eldamar (specifically Tirion), which is still a Land/Realm of Aman, but it is not Valinor.
I know that the difference would appear to be slight, but it is important.

Then, given these facts, the only 'reasonable' solution by far is still Elrond with the One Ring.

Hope to have been useful  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jul 2015, 23:23 von DieWalküre »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 12. Jul 2015, 08:08 »
Eärendil is of course alive
Of course that he is, yesterday was online.

but was ordered by the Valar to guard forever the Skyes of Arda and Aman with his Enchanted Ship, and thus can't go back to Middle Earth.
Yes, it's nice, but primarily he is leader of the Edain team ... by the way ...

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #20 am: 12. Jul 2015, 15:23 »
@ Tiberius:
Our leader is "Ealendril", not "Earendil"

There is a small difference, our boss has a "lendr" in the middle, but the character in the silmarillion has a "rend" in the middle. :P

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 12. Jul 2015, 15:38 »
My light Galadriel is only trying to confuse "dark galadriel"  xD
I know about the difference, but honestly - I sometimes have tendency to write "Earendil" (and many moddb users, as I found, as well) ... so I've solved this problem some time ago that I simply write "Ea"  8-| ... when I am talking generally about him. :P

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:20 »
I know about the difference, but honestly - I sometimes have tendency to write "Earendil" (and many moddb users, as I found, as well) ... so I've solved this problem some time ago that I simply write "Ea"  8-| ... when I am talking generally about him. :P

Did you seriously think that you could have confused me with an easy and cheap trick like that, being in my natural element (Valinor/Elves of Aman/First Age)?  :D
And 'my' Galadriel is not dark, but Sublime, one of the most dreadful, and yet immensely beautiful, thing that you could encounter in the World  8-)

@ Tiberius:
Our leader is "Ealendril", not "Earendil"

There is a small difference, our boss has a "lendr" in the middle, but the character in the silmarillion has a "rend" in the middle. :P

Actually you (both of you) are wrong my darlings  :)
It's 'Eärendil', not 'Earendil'.
You shouldn't so carelessly miss any 'ä', 'ë', 'á' or 'ó', when you talk about any Ainurin or Elven Matters  :P

So, to summarise a bit:

DieWalküre 1
TiberiusOgden 0
Gnomi 0

;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:29 »
We know, but we have other things to do around here, so we are trying to write sparingly. Sometimes. 8-| :P

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 14. Jul 2015, 10:25 »
Ea is definitly ok for me.  xD

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 14. Jul 2015, 10:42 »
Ea is definitly ok for me.  xD
Well, I always thought that Ea is quite a modest creator. :D

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Aug 2015, 14:08 »
Soooo... maybe Elros? Elrond's twin brother which choosed life of mortal? I't could be cool, it can be done throught statue like Durin. And i know, it wouldn't be lore appropriate, but c'mon... (PS. Celebrimbor will be fine too, he could be sent back like Glorfindel.)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 1. Aug 2015, 15:35 »
Soooo... maybe Elros? Elrond's twin brother which choosed life of mortal? I't could be cool, it can be done throught statue like Durin. And i know, it wouldn't be lore appropriate, but c'mon... (PS. Celebrimbor will be fine too, he could be sent back like Glorfindel.)

Elros, as you rightly wrote, chose to follow the path of the Humans, and eventually died at almost the age of 500 years.
As you may know, once the Humans die, their souls go to the Halls of Mandos, and suddenly disappear from the World, headed to the Timeless Halls of Ilúvatar.
Elros thus can't go back in any way in the World  :)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #28 am: 1. Aug 2015, 15:38 »
Unexplored are the ways of Eru. He could send back anyone who he wants.  xD

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 1. Aug 2015, 15:57 »
Unexplored are the ways of Eru. He could send back anyone who he wants.  xD

No, it wisely doesn't intervene in the physical Universe's matters, because it has delegated these powers to the Valar, the Archangels of the World; and they decided not to intervene in the World's matters as well, after the War of Wrath  :)
We have to wait the End of the World and the Ultimate Battle, before seeing Eru in action again  8-)

P.S. I used 'it' because Eru is the only sentient being with no gender, since it is Everything  :)