28. Mär 2024, 17:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' Ring Hero  (Gelesen 38438 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Imladris Ring Heroe
« Antwort #45 am: 3. Aug 2015, 21:57 »
Sorry if this offended you...
This may not be up to me to say but simply think about that.

« Letzte Änderung: 3. Aug 2015, 22:11 von CragLord »

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #46 am: 4. Aug 2015, 00:10 »
i like to see a what if  xD

But it wouldn't be possible either way  :)
The One Ring can't totally bring back from Valinor any Elven Soul or living Elf.

Durin is a totally different matter, since Reincarnation is a characteristic of the Dwarves' nature.

No one can leave Aman  8-)
The One Ring would be the reason he is brought back, Eru or the Valar (whoever sent Glorfindel) would be the one(s) to actually send Gil-galad back, which could have happened.   :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #47 am: 4. Aug 2015, 00:34 »
i like this idea mate

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 4. Aug 2015, 01:53 »

The One Ring would be the reason he is brought back, Eru or the Valar (whoever sent Glorfindel) would be the one(s) to actually send Gil-galad back, which could have happened.   :)

No, actually  :)

Every 'what if' situation of all the other factions is based essentially on 'real' possibilities, though very strange and improbable.
Because Gandalf, Théoden, Saruman (and the other ring heroes) really had the possibility (even if it was really slight) to achieve the One Ring.

The Valar, after the War of Wrath, decided not to intervene anymore in the World, fearing other possible destructions.
They, then, 'only' sent the Wizards to guide the Free People of Middle Earth and Glorfindel, as a really unexpected exception, because every Elf who lives or was reborn in Valinor can't return to Middle Earth; this is an absolute rule of Valinor, there is thus no possibility or any space for 'what if' situations in the first place.
Not to mention that we don't know if Gil-galad was actually ever reborn in Valinor or he is still mourning in the Halls of Mandos as a spirit.

Gil-galad has his reasons in being implemented through the Last Alliance spell, along with his allies of Arnor and Gondor; this is an unique and characteristic spell of Rivendell that refers to the Second Age.
The One Ring can't bring anyone back from Valinor, since the power of the Valar is far beyond it.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #49 am: 4. Aug 2015, 03:30 »
well i wanna see gil galad as a playable hero. but still i agree with you

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #50 am: 4. Aug 2015, 10:39 »
Well you can always put him in from World Builder in a scenario you like xD

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #51 am: 4. Aug 2015, 11:58 »
So... not Gil-galad, not Elros, not Celebrimbor... maybe Glorfindel? I think he is better option than Elrond. He slayed Gothmog and back to middle-earth after death. I think that he got strong enough will to not be possessed by ring, at least not too fast.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Aug 2015, 13:29 von Linhir »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #52 am: 4. Aug 2015, 12:40 »
i think he should be a ring hero too

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #53 am: 4. Aug 2015, 15:14 »
So... not Gil-galad, not Elros, not Celebrimbor... maybe Glorfindel? I think he is better option than Elrond. He slayed Gothmog and back to middle-earth after death. I think that he got strong enough will to not be possessed by ring, at least not too fast.

I'm sorry that I constantly have to break your eggs  :P
But the point is that the idea of taking and using the One Ring is overall problematic for Rivendell, because no one of its heroes could do it or, much better, might want to do it.

Glorfindel is a High Elf from Valinor, probably a Vanya, who was also reborn in the Blessed Realm after his epic deeds in the War of the Jewels; the Valar, then, sent him back to Middle Earth (as the only exception among the Elves, probably at his specific request) to help Elrond and all the Free People of the World against the threat of Sauron.
But his nature is mainly focused on advising and guiding, rather than directly searching the Power and using it, not even if he's moved by good intentions; neither Elrond nor Glorfindel have ever had any interest or thought of using the One Ring, and the Blessed Nature of the latter repulses even more the idea.

Fine previously wrote that the solution of Rivendell and the One Ring will be very interesting; so the only possible and definitive answer is: waiting  :)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #54 am: 4. Aug 2015, 18:40 »
My "eggs" are still uncrushed, Your tries are weak.  xD
And I understand it all, I'm just making here the "if's" like if "if Glorfindel will get one ring", "if Gil-galad will be ressurected" etc. ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: 4. Aug 2015, 18:54 »
What about wait for Imladris release? xD
By the way Glorfindel was ring hero in the previous version and reasons, why he is gone, explained user DieWalkure above.

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #56 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:04 »

No, actually  :)

Every 'what if' situation of all the other factions is based essentially on 'real' possibilities, though very strange and improbable.
Because Gandalf, Théoden, Saruman (and the other ring heroes) really had the possibility (even if it was really slight) to achieve the One Ring.

The Valar, after the War of Wrath, decided not to intervene anymore in the World, fearing other possible destructions.
They, then, 'only' sent the Wizards to guide the Free People of Middle Earth and Glorfindel, as a really unexpected exception, because every Elf who lives or was reborn in Valinor can't return to Middle Earth; this is an absolute rule of Valinor, there is thus no possibility or any space for 'what if' situations in the first place.
Not to mention that we don't know if Gil-galad was actually ever reborn in Valinor or he is still mourning in the Halls of Mandos as a spirit.

Gil-galad has his reasons in being implemented through the Last Alliance spell, along with his allies of Arnor and Gondor; this is an unique and characteristic spell of Rivendell that refers to the Second Age.
The One Ring can't bring anyone back from Valinor, since the power of the Valar is far beyond it.

Thank you for your explanation. It makes a lot of sense.  :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #57 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:14 »
Thank you for your explanation. It makes a lot of sense.  :)

You're welcome  :)

Even if Gil-galad (your favourite hero, I assume) won't be the Ring Hero of Rivendell, he will still be playable via the Last Alliance spell, a more appropriate and honourable place for him, I guess.

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
Re: Imladris Ring Hero
« Antwort #58 am: 27. Jan 2016, 03:11 »
My personal vote goes for Celebrimbor. While the Shadow of Mordor game is not canonical obviously, and the fact that Celebrimbor is a spirit barred from the undying lands more so; Sauron would not have the might, nor the Valar reason to bar him, since his only sin was being deceived, something Sauron has done to plenty of people over the years(can anyone say Numenor?), at least he had good intentions in his failings, and he did save the 3. The game doesn't detract from the lore that much though, and for game enjoyment and balance I believe it's okay to bend the lore to an extent(as in this case). Also, it seems to me that there is no person in the Rivendell faction as is that would wield the One, whereas in both the base SOM game and the Silver Lord expansion Celebrimbor is shown to be able to wield the One with startling power and skill, and desires it to an extent. The One ring could allow the Rivendell faction at the fortress to perform a variant of the ritual that summons him in the game, but without the blood sacrifice. Also we could have epic quotes from the game!

Sending it the west is not possible for the above reasons described. While the fellowship idea has some merit, I feel it is not fair to the Imladris player to not have a ring-hero (perhaps if the fellowship were to succeed you would get all their members as permanent heroes? Maybe too OP).

...or we could give it to Gildor. See how that works out. :D
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 03:15 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 27. Jan 2016, 14:44 »
As you can see, I already gave my opinion about Celebrimbor, as absolutely not suitable to be a Ring Hero.
I personally think that his soul finally managed to reach Aman, though it is not clear if he could be ever forgiven and granted again the ownership of his own physical body, out from the Halls of Mandos  :)
Also, I believe it would be a bit degrading if Celebrimbor were brought back to life by the very evil tool that caused terrible sorrows to the Elves.

Rivendell will definitely have its own Ring's mechanics; just, I think it will be something beyond the 'common logic' of powerful Ring Heroes  ;)