28. Mär 2024, 23:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Forum Improvements and Suggestions  (Gelesen 20590 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Forums improvement
« Antwort #15 am: 24. Jul 2015, 22:06 »
I believe the devs have mentioned this issue with the forum, and the current inability to do anything about it  :(

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #16 am: 25. Jul 2015, 01:29 »
I would like that as well, in fact it was part of our original plan, but we didn't get it done before the launch of the English forums. I'll check with Simbyte again if we could implement that in the future.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #17 am: 25. Jul 2015, 04:01 »
Well it would sure be nice :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 29. Jul 2015, 23:41 »
I would rather keep my thread where it is,
http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31473.0.html

Because this thread is about the global leadership distribution and the use of statue, it just involve part of Aragorn's leadership.

I believe you have used your power a little too much, TiberiusOgden

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 30. Jul 2015, 21:17 »

Because this thread is about the global leadership distribution and the use of statue, it just involve part of Aragorn's leadership.

I believe you have used your power a little too much, TiberiusOgden

Yes, your current thread is a bit different from your previous one, but it deals anyway with Aragorn's leadership and Aragorn's role as a hero.

I personally think that the point of a thread is not only replying or exposing an unique or specific question or proposal, but also using the first proposal (first post of the thread) to continue the discussion and gradually improve it with new ideas; the forum's mechanics of MU also help a lot this mechanism (instead of ModDB), by renewing the interest and the attention of even 'old' threads with new posts and ideas on the same threads.
Every single proposal has obviously different shades of elements and characteristics, but we totally can't create millions of threads for every new idea, unless they are direct questions (and this is not the case).
If the discussion continues, it also helps a lot the research of useful and shared proposals among the Community, showing some kind of progression, which is always significant and useful.
Look at, for example, the thread of Elrond; the discussion kept on getting improved in time due to many other ideas from the creator, and, mostly from other users.

Just my personal thought  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 30. Jul 2015, 21:27 »
As you wish, but I still feel that you can modify your previous thread and simply continue there, but no problem.
Concentrate ideas only to one thread and not to split up them is a way, how to improving your thread and increase its activity.

I believe you have used your power a little too much
Well,
I have some rights (and obligations) around Edain section and you should respect that fact. I have to respect higher authorities around forum, such as global moderators and even higher - administrators, as well.
Thread locking is very usual function which moderators/administrators using around German forum. It's only way how to keep forums organized and clear.
Many threads on English forum were locked by administrators in the past although it should be my work. It was mistake from me that I was so benevolent and started using such function only recently.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 30. Jul 2015, 21:53 »
As you wish, but I still feel that you can modify your previous thread and simply continue there, but no problem.
Concentrate ideas only to one thread and not to split up them is a way, how to improving your thread and increase its activity.

I believe you have used your power a little too much
Well,
I have some rights (and obligations) around Edain section and you should respect that fact. I have to respect higher authorities around forum, such as global moderators and even higher - administrators, as well.
Thread locking is very usual function which moderators/administrators using around German forum. It's only way how to keep forums organized and clear.
Many threads on English forum were locked by administrators in the past although it should be my work. It was mistake from me that I was so benevolent and started using such function only recently.

Tell me, which forum rules did I break by starting that thread?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 30. Jul 2015, 23:19 »

Tell me, which forum rules did I break by starting that thread?

You didn't do anything so bad  :)
Just, I think you should have continued the discussion about Aragorn in your previous thread, for the reasons stated above, to help also other people to follow the progression of the concept/proposal and holistically understand better.

It's not very useful creating everytime new other threads for similar proposals, lest the forum will be really confusing; and the role of a Moderator is keeping some 'order' in the forum to make possible a conceptual and constructive discussion.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 30. Jul 2015, 23:57 »
OK, let's settle this once and for all.

Look, TiberiusOgden, I actually do respect your work for maintaining the order of this forum, and I am OK with your rights as Moderator as long as you use your power properly. However, I believe since I haven't broken any forum rules I get to decide how I organize my threads, and I do it with a reason of my own. So I just want to make sure the boundary of your power, should I expect your interference every time I start something in the future just because you think you get a better idea about how to do it? Or maybe you could just leave your opinion and at least wait for my reply before you actually do anything?

It is not the first time you did something to my thread without consulting with me and only because you think "that would be better", and I can tell you it is not pleasant experience, I feel offended to put it slightly, and I won't pretend that nothing happened anymore.

And DieWalküre, I am not sure why you keep dragging yourself into this little drama when it obviously doesn't concern you. I know I haven't done anything bad, thank you for reminding me that.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 31. Jul 2015, 00:14 »

And DieWalküre, I am not sure why you keep dragging yourself into this little drama when it obviously doesn't concern you. I know I haven't done anything bad, thank you for reminding me that.

I have to remind you that this is a public forum, and everyone has the right to express, within precise rules, its own opinions.
I was just trying to explain you better why, as someone else already wrote, it could be common finding your threads blocked, and being suggested to move your proposals somewhere else for the sake of the general discussion, even to threads that you previously started yourself.

But, don't worry, I won't bother you any longer.

P.S. This 'little drama' quite concerns me too, since this moderating policy is commonly used in all the other sections of the Edain Community.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 31. Jul 2015, 00:56 »

I have to remind you that this is a public forum, and everyone has the right to express, within precise rules, its own opinions.
I was just trying to explain you better why, as someone else already wrote, it could be common finding your threads blocked, and being suggested to move your proposals somewhere else for the sake of the general discussion, even to threads that you previously started yourself.

But, don't worry, I won't bother you any longer.

P.S. This 'little drama' quite concerns me too, since this moderating policy is commonly used in all the other sections of the Edain Community.
You are right, I shouldn't say that. I apologize whether you accept or not.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #26 am: 31. Jul 2015, 01:08 »
The job of a moderator is to help keep the forums in order. To that end, they may occasionally lock and/or move threads. It may not be what you want to hear, but in fact it's not 100% up to you how to organize your own threads. If someone creates a thread in the wrong forum or if they create several threads for the same or a very similiar topic, it's the job of a moderator to step in where necessary, and to help make it as easy as possible for other users to follow and participate in the discussion. Of course nobody likes having their posts interfered with, but most people like an orderly forum, which is a moderator's priority.

That said, however, this is obviously a fine line and not everyone will agree if a thread was unnecessary or not.  We don't moderate in order to stave off certain ideas or discussions, on the contrary: The goal is to foster constructive debate. Moderation is also never intended as a personal attack against you directly, and we apologize if you felt attacked by this decision. So if you disagree with a moderator's decision, you're always free to contact the moderator in question, or the Edain team directly, and we'll try to work things out. As you can see, Tiberius has now reopened your thread at your request :)
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #27 am: 31. Jul 2015, 01:49 »
The job of a moderator is to help keep the forums in order. To that end, they may occasionally lock and/or move threads. It may not be what you want to hear, but in fact it's not 100% up to you how to organize your own threads. If someone creates a thread in the wrong forum or if they create several threads for the same or a very similiar topic, it's the job of a moderator to step in where necessary, and to help make it as easy as possible for other users to follow and participate in the discussion. Of course nobody likes having their posts interfered with, but most people like an orderly forum, which is a moderator's priority.

That said, however, this is obviously a fine line and not everyone will agree if a thread was unnecessary or not.  We don't moderate in order to stave off certain ideas or discussions, on the contrary: The goal is to foster constructive debate. Moderation is also never intended as a personal attack against you directly, and we apologize if you felt attacked by this decision. So if you disagree with a moderator's decision, you're always free to contact the moderator in question, or the Edain team directly, and we'll try to work things out. As you can see, Tiberius has now reopened your thread at your request :)
Thank you for your reply, Lord of Mordor. I do feel offended when my thread is locked for a reason not convincing enough for me. But I should handle it cooler, I apologize for that.
But I do want to say one thing, it is equally important to formulate forum rules for users and working regulation for moderators, because as you said sometimes the "line" is not strict and it depends on the judgement of moderators what to do.(To be honest I didn't expect my thread to be even close to these “lines”) That's why I suggest maybe in the future, for threads moderators has opinions about but didn't break forum rules explicitly, they could leave a reply of their suggestion and wait for 24 hours before actually do anything, and allow the user to argue for themselves a little bit. This whole drama may never happen if Tiberius didn't lock my thread only 30 minutes after it was posted.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #28 am: 2. Aug 2015, 10:56 »
translations of the words on top of your photo kinda like this one Elronds Berater

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 13. Aug 2015, 16:45 »
Gray, nice suggestion. :)
I must tell you that in mobile version of forum spoiler button don't work, I mean when I click on spiler in comments nothing happens.