28. Mär 2024, 10:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: funny, clever, unique stuff  (Gelesen 83345 mal)

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
funny, clever, unique stuff
« am: 15. Mai 2015, 21:04 »
Here's a gathering thread for all stuff LotR that's interesting or special in one way or another.

I'll start with a trivia collection about all three films:

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: funny, clever, unique stuff
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Mai 2015, 21:51 »
"... he did not wish to disappoint diehard fans of the book trilogy."
lol, so ten years later he is just like "f*ck it, I'm gonna make my own hobbit movies with Azog and giant worms"?  8-|

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Mai 2015, 22:54 »
Well, according to this unspecified magazine article that is not directly quoted, yes.

You rather he'd added Blackjack and Hooters? :P

LargeExodia

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Mai 2015, 23:40 »
Bender showing up at the end of the movie would've been just as believable as some of the crap they threw in there like the troll with no arms or legs

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Mai 2015, 00:06 »
Regarding Helm's Deep, I read that the scene of the arrival of the Elves was the most difficult one to shoot, choreographically speaking.

Also, there are a lot of scenes that were completely deleted and that are thus unedited;
they were shot, for example, some sequences about the Goblins chasing the Fellowship at night, entering Lothlórien and being killed by the Elves.
Or some other footage, in which Elrond and Arwen go to Lothlórien to discuss about the war, and a dialogue between Arwen and Galadriel.

PJ still has many secrets to reveal :)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Mai 2015, 11:34 »
I thought I'd give my own inner poet a shot. Turns out it wasn't too bad, since you seem to know where I'm coming from xD

Eandril

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • You're just second hand news
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Mai 2015, 11:51 »
Blackjack and Hooters would've made everything in these movies so much more enjoyable... [ugly]

Enough OT from me ;)

Oronêl - Edrahil - Hilgorn -Narissa - Milva

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Mai 2015, 13:09 »
I'M MAKING MY OWN LOTR TRILOGY! WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOTERS! :D
and to be fair... something that completely gets ignored most of the time: PJ didn'T want to direct the Hobbit movies... but after the whole crap that delayed production happened del Toro jumped off so PJ HAD to take over

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #8 am: 24. Mai 2015, 03:14 »
just a bit of interesting trivia I've heard about the LotR trilogy. Originally, Arwen was supposed to go with the Elvish army to Helm's Deep and fight with Aragorn (I shudder to think of the love triangle we'd have been forced to sit through a great deal of in Return of the King).

Less annoying would have been Sauron's battle with Aragorn at the Black Gate. Quite a departure from the books (but then again, so was the Elvish army at Helm's Deep, the Army of the Dead appearing at Pelennor Fields instead of Gondor's armies and the Evenstar - which is, apparently, a jewel from Aman that Olorin gave to Galadriel who had Celebrimbor forge it into what it is - shatter so easily, and other things), but it would have been interesting to see the battle.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Mai 2015, 19:27 »
Todays Sir Christopher Lees 93rd birthday by the way. God bless this magnificent man stays with us for as many years as possible.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 27. Mai 2015, 21:08 »
Happy Birthday Sir Lee!

May the blessings of the Valar and everything holy in Middle Earth shine on his magnificence  xD

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #11 am: 21. Jun 2015, 13:42 »
Found this beautiful picture of a young Frodo with the best friend a Hobbit boy could have.

http://dandeliar.deviantart.com/art/gandalf-and-young-frodo-413839708

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 9. Aug 2015, 22:03 »
One of the best alternative endings. :D

Thartom

• Knappe Rohans
  • Just there
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Aug 2015, 00:53 »
Yes, very good.  :D At some points i thought the next screen is "The End", everytime the story went on till the evil was finally defeated. :o

Danke an Sauron der 5000. fürs Banner :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Aug 2015, 18:57 »
Another fun/interesting fact: do you know that initially, for the role of Galadriel, PJ and the other Writers chose Lucy Lawless instead of Cate Blanchett?  :)

Lucy Lawless is a popular New Zealand actress, who is mainly known for having played the part of Xena, the Warrior Princess, in the TV serie of the same name  8-)

Furthermore, the actor who plays the part of Celeborn, Marton Csokas, was present too in the Xena serie, playing the part of a War Lord  [ugly]

I like very much Lucy Lawless and absolutely love Xena, as a part of my own childhood; but, knowing how Lucy Lawless acts and what roles she is very good at, I have to say that I'm glad that they eventually have chosen Cate Blanchett for the part (also because Lucy Lawless got pregnant before the start of the shootings for LOTR)  :P

But I'm sure that we would have had a definitely fiercer and more warrior-type display of the Lady of Light.
We could try to imagine how it would have been like  xD

''In time of ancient Valar, Dark Lords and Kings, an Elf in toil cried out for a Hero.
She was Galadriel, a mighty Noldorin Princess, forged in the heat of the War of the Jewels.
The Silmarils, the Love for Valinor, Morgoth...
Her Courage will change Arda''.

« Letzte Änderung: 10. Aug 2015, 19:24 von DieWalküre »