29. Mär 2024, 13:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Annals of Aman  (Gelesen 94440 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Annals of Aman
« Antwort #90 am: 24. Jun 2017, 02:42 »
Lórien, the Lord of Dreams and of the Unseen.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #91 am: 25. Jun 2017, 21:41 »
The mightiest Elf of all times stands proud and undaunted in front of the Evil incarnated.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #92 am: 28. Jun 2017, 01:26 »
Eärwen, the Swan-Maiden of Alqualondë.

Fingolfin König der Noldor

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #93 am: 28. Jun 2017, 07:22 »
@DieWalküre: Just wanted to let you know tha I realy like what you are doing here, even though I never say something but pictures look awesome :).
Just keep going!

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #94 am: 28. Jun 2017, 12:06 »
Zitat
@DieWalküre: Just wanted to let you know tha I realy like what you are doing here, even though I never say something but pictures look awesome :).
Just keep going!
Must agree !
Very nice to scroll through and look at the pictures you post. :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #95 am: 28. Jun 2017, 13:56 »
Danke schön, an euch beide ;)

I'm really flattered to know that you appreciate the essence and purpose of this thread, which is aimed at a thorough exploration of the pillars and mazes of Tolkien's lore. As for the images, they're splendid indeed, yet all is owed to each respective artist; and I believe it's a marvellous thing that some artists take time and make efforts to depict bits from the books. Absolutely fantastic! Furthermore, if you're interested in the Elder Days, I guess you will rejoice at these important news: when I'm done with my exams (very, very soon), I will transpose my previous work regarding the War of Wrath into poetry, creating a collection of chapters (structured lyrics, a defined style and moderate magnitude of the endeavour). In this way, I hope to give life to an epic composition (in line with the canons of epic poetry), as if it were a smaller version Homer's Iliad, with the War of Wrath as its prime theme. Because this apocalyptic and decisive event could be easily compared to the essence of the Trojan War, in which valiant heroes and deities participate in the conflict 8-)

I was supposed to reveal this project as a surprise, but your kind praises have melted my defences :D

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #96 am: 28. Jun 2017, 15:29 »
Sounds great!
I does indeed seem that there are quite a few similiarities between the Trojan War and the War of Wrath. :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #97 am: 28. Jun 2017, 23:31 »
It really does. There is a sense of predestined, predetermined and certain outcome, for the forces of Valinor were obviously in an absolute position of supremacy, although both parties withstood the most difficult challenges. But, if I were to draw a line of difference between the two, I would say that Tolkien's major war has definitely a more satisfying ending: given the virtuous nature of the Valinor's host, no immense crime nor injustices derived from the victory of the Good (contrary to the conflicting interests of each heathen god in the Trojan War).

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #98 am: 3. Jul 2017, 02:48 »
Elwing, heiress of the Two Lovers, escapes the threat of the vengeful Noldor and brings one of the Jewels with her.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #99 am: 6. Jul 2017, 00:34 »
Zitat
Lord of waves and stormy seas, I beg thee,
Thou knowest much of the World and fain would the foretelling of future my cause aid.

All these lyrics are the loose and personal product of my imagination, of course ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #100 am: 9. Jul 2017, 23:01 »
Ossë and Uinen, loyal servants of the sea. One brings storms and raging waves, while the other makes the blue calm and to any dweller of the shore gives solace.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #101 am: 14. Jul 2017, 00:51 »
Legolas and Gimli finally behold the Pelóri and reach the much longed shores of Eldamar.

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #102 am: 18. Jul 2017, 02:22 »
Nice :)

btw, i have found the original picture to the one you posted 3 months ago with a very good resolution, so that everything should be readable. :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #103 am: 18. Jul 2017, 09:39 »
Many thanks, really! It was quite hard to go through those texts with such low resolution. Also, speaking about the project concerning the War of Wrath in poetry, you can find a thread in the RPG section in which you may forward your general thoughts on the matter, if you are willing to do that :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #104 am: 19. Jul 2017, 22:09 »
Menegroth, the hidden palace of thousand caves hidden into the stone, whose fashion was mirrored by the grand halls of the Woodland Realm in the Third Age.