29. Mär 2024, 00:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf (Arnor)  (Gelesen 45516 mal)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Gandalf (Arnor)
« Antwort #120 am: 26. Jan 2018, 11:11 »
Yup, add me too, please!

I was not too keen on a staff-only Gandalf, because of how recognisable his animations are. The replaced sword looks good, though I think it should not look more majestic than Glamdring itself. Also, I'm not sure shining white objects stand out well in-game, but perhaps that's too much nitpicking.

Firstly, Welcome to the thread Garlodur and thank you for your support  :).
Secondly, don't be afraid to share you opinion, never  :) I second the words of Walküre: i'm sure developers would find a good compromise, as well as a proper shining intensity :) i cannot say to you how because it is not my field  [ugly]

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #121 am: 5. Feb 2018, 12:28 »
I also support! Write me down too!

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #122 am: 5. Feb 2018, 19:14 »
I also support! Write me down too!

Welcome and thank you for your support, Lord Dain@  xD

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #123 am: 7. Feb 2018, 20:16 »
I like this suggestion, especially the "Revealing spell".
The only doubt I have is about the speed buff in "Emissary of hope". Again I deem it a very fitting abillity for him, but Gandalf is already seen as a bit op, because he can escape from most of the dangerous situations with ease when mounted.
So you can just enter the situation, use all his abillities dealing heavy damage and run away. So this might need a bit of adjustment...
Anyhow you can put me on the list  ;)
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #124 am: 8. Feb 2018, 16:27 »
Thank you for the support. I think it's truly great that you also visit English threads and give feedback on the showcased content. Your opinion is ever-valuable.

On the matter, I wouldn't oppose the decreasing of that speed boost, should circumstances require it, but I would like it to stay in equal terms. The effect connects well with that wandering theme and you should consider that this version of Gandalf would no longer dispose of his typical power set, which is unanimously deemed a force of nature. It derives that the hero won't be as impactful as his Gondor counterpart, I guess.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #125 am: 9. Feb 2018, 01:53 »
Indeed your are always welcome Isildur. I'm really glad you finally checked this concept. it's great that you usually visit both souls of the forum :)
I suppose the absence of lighting sword and especially word of power should make Gandalf less massively disrupting :) apart of the classical wizard blast, the rest of the power set has a different nature as Walküre said. This new Gandalf it is a wanderer (emissary of hope) and also a magic interfer (revealing spell). The circle of fire it easily burns weak enemies helping you to prevent Gandalf from dangerous massive surrounding, but without the immense shockwave of word of power.
In the end, we explored different other aspects of him and I think it would be interesting to play in this way ;) don't worry about values, if they need a change it will come up during testing of the character, hoping that he will find his own way in the mod of course ;)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #126 am: 1. Apr 2018, 03:09 »
Another well done proposal Aule, glad to see after months of not being here that the Union is still active and you at the forefront! I noticed I was not listed in the favor section. So I would like to take this time and say that I am totally FOR THIS CONCEPT!

You guys have done an awesome job on this. Well done! I am also interested to see what happens to Gandalf in his Dark Form. Will that be added sometime later? Or keep it the same for simplicity?
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #127 am: 3. Apr 2018, 16:35 »
Another well done proposal Aule, glad to see after months of not being here that the Union is still active and you at the forefront! I noticed I was not listed in the favor section. So I would like to take this time and say that I am totally FOR THIS CONCEPT!

You guys have done an awesome job on this. Well done! I am also interested to see what happens to Gandalf in his Dark Form. Will that be added sometime later? Or keep it the same for simplicity?

Hi dkblue and thank you for your opinion and compliments :) your name will be put into the list.
Have no idea about how I can craft a new Dark Gandalf starting from the new concept. I would rather rework better Arvedui. I don't like so much his current implementation.
The new Gandalf has different abilities and characteristic so I don't think it's logical to keep the current dark form as it is, which is an enhancement of the Grey Pilgrim skillset in Gondor. So in the end I rather give up with any Gandalf ring form in Arnor, in favor of the King Arvedui. that is my opinion but of course if anyone has some good other idea is free to propose :)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #128 am: 5. Apr 2018, 00:30 »
Naw, Aule, I really can't think of making Gandalf any darker than he already is. I agree that Arvedui should be the Ring hero, (but he already is). So I don't mind if you guys want to upgrade/downgrade or change his abilities.

You know since Gandalf turns evil, maybe just use the same evil ring form. I mean it is totally different anyways from his normal grey persona.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #129 am: 21. Jan 2019, 03:21 »
I am definitely (and logically  xD) for this proposal!
Glad to see that my and Tienety's original ideas evolved into unique Gandal's skillset, which not only separates him from his Gondor's counterpart, but also will make Arnor much more playable for fans who think that Arnor is just boring copy of Gondor. Reworked Gandalf for Arnor provides so needed fresh air, especially the skills which are based on Hobbit movies.  8-)

Concerning staff - don't forget that our idea was based on Gandalf only with the staff and without sword, which he found later. And you want to create completely new sword because you found that some animations don't fit well ... xD
Then we should talk how to solve this problem and stay loyal to our original ideas, and not create something more complicated which we didn't want in the first place. ;)
So where's the problem? We have Saruman's animation and wizard CaH animation which are sufficient ... so problem is in particular ability?
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2019, 02:21 von Tiberius Ogden »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #130 am: 27. Jan 2019, 14:50 »
I am definitely (and logically  xD) for this proposal!
Glad to see that my and Tienety's original ideas evolved into unique Gandal's skillset, which not only separates him from his Gondor's counterpart, but also will make Arnor much more playable for fans who think that Arnor is just boring copy of Gondor. Reworked Gandalf for Arnor provides so needed fresh air, especially the skills which are based on Hobbit movies.  8-)

Concerning staff - don't forget that our idea was based on Gandalf only with the staff and without sword, which he found later. And you want to create completely new sword because you found that some animations don't fit well ... xD
Then we should talk how to solve this problem and stay loyal to our original ideas, and not create something more complicated which we didn't want in the first place. ;)
So where's the problem? We have Saruman's animation and wizard CaH animation which are sufficient ... so problem is in particular ability?

I'm glad you like the changes made by me and Walküre. I think that in this way Gandalf would be more unique and also more hobbit-style oriented ( for example I just love the magic wave he use to cast the conceiling spell of Dol Guldur).
By the way, as for the staff: yes there are some very good animations both from cah and from Saruman. A combination of those two would be great. The fact is that there are some very cool and unique movements of the current Gandalf we want to preserve. Also, take into account that regarding mount there are no animations with staff, such that they would require a huge amount of work to be made from scratch. I really would love to see a unique set of animation for staff only, but a new sword seems to be the best compromise.
Anyway, Walküre will insert you in the green list  8-)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #131 am: 27. Jan 2019, 15:20 »
for the staff: yes there are some very good animations both from cah and from Saruman. A combination of those two would be great. The fact is that there are some very cool and unique movements of the current Gandalf we want to preserve.

So we want staff from the Hobbit movies (Gandalf's original staff), but also we know that he can't wield Glamdring due to time period.

Solution is simple, give him some regular sword which is already in the game (sword of some unit or hero) and slightly rework the top of his staff to look like this:

We already recycled his abilities and this minor visual change should take minimum amount of time ... overall work on him would be really fast. And voila, ET has new article which can publish. xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #132 am: 27. Jan 2019, 15:59 »
Recycling sounds exactly as the best option. As far as my minimum breadth of graphical knowledge goes, reworking weapons or items is most of the times far easier than humanoid models. In our case, they are already-existing features, and so it might be even less complicated.

I understand that having Gandalf wield just his staff would greatly differentiate him from his Gondor counterpart, but I don't quite see Saruman's animation set as the fittest ever. It follows that a sword could really do. We have already found the concept from which we may take inspiration; it's a very elegant, Elven-style drawing. I fancy it a good deal! If you want, in order to put more flesh on the bones, I will try to imagine some appropriate sword-lore for this blade. For instance, its origin and how the Grey Wizard came to possess it :)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #133 am: 27. Jan 2019, 21:28 »
I agree that we should keep his current fighting animation (staff and sword), I'm just saying that we started with the staff rework but you ended with sword rework.  xD

Staff should have the priority ... staff is something what distinguishes Gandalfs.
But of course, if we think that sword rework won't take much time, then new sword based on elven design can be implemented as well.

But I think that Gandalf doesn't need fancy sword, Glamdring is fancy sword after all. He could fight in the past with some common sword (adding-recycling some ingame sword would be obviously faster than creating the new one) ... but yes, I can imagine that he wielded some elven weapon too ... he was in regular contact with elves ... everything is possible. :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #134 am: 27. Jan 2019, 23:16 »
Of course, the staff is equally crucial. I just forgot to mention it; it was implicit in the comment. Some time ago, I had tried to dabble with the secret, obscure art of graphics. I even modelled the basic skeleton of an axe, though it was too simplistic, and my skills insufficient. Nevertheless, I've learnt that working on tools, or modifying existing concepts (even better), is generally easier than crafting characters (clothes, robes and tonnes of minor details).

I guess that both the staff and his new sword could simply be carved out of present content in the game. The staff has obviously its unbelievably evocative meaning for Gandalf :)