28. Mär 2024, 22:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf (Arnor)  (Gelesen 45514 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Gandalf (Arnor)
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:57 »
once activated he becomes bright light for 15 seconds and all enemy units in a great range near him are freezed, trolls are turned into stone and killed immediately.
The same ability holds former Ered Luin Gandalf. xD
Yes, why not, it fits either way. :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #16 am: 12. Jul 2015, 22:15 »
I like the idea of changing a bit Gandalf, to make him fit better in the faction of Arnor :)
Gandalf is of course still an Istar by the time of Arnor, but he naturally has a far greater role in the following centuries of the Third Age.
He is relatively 'young' (speaking about his special and characteristic nature as an Istar) when the Witch-king establishes in Angmar (around 300 years old), and by that time he used to travel and wander a lot across Middle Earth, as all the other Istari initially did, to recollect part of his once infinite memory as a Maia, and especially to guard the World against a possible return of the Shadow in all its forms.
Gandalf, in particular, chose to travel mainly in the west of Middle Earth and to have the Elves as his most appreciated people to visit.
Anyway, all the Istari were not fully known yet by the Free People of the World, and preferred to act and operate in silence and discretion.

So, I support Gandalf being weakened a bit, both concerning his attack and powers.
I think, though, that some of his current powers are too crucial and characteristic to be changed.
His blast should totally remain, as the characteristic and basic power of the Wizards, along with his mount, given his 'wanderin pilgrim' nature; and I find also the 'Light of the Istari' very suitable for him, as he is an Istar, and capable of using a small part of his blessed powers as a Maia.
The other powers need to be changed, if we want to give him a more suitable role as a wandering counselor and support hero  :)

And, graphically speaking, it would be better if Gandalf didn't have a sword at all, and had the AUJ/DOS staff.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 12. Jul 2015, 22:41 »
Well, my suggestion is:
Gandalf for Arnor

So we will have the three different mass slayers (Gandalf for Gondor, Gandalf for Arnor and Gandalf for Dwarves for some time) and each of them will be unique but his role will be the same. :)
Face-saving and very easy solution.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Jul 2015, 23:10 von TiberiusOgden »

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #18 am: 12. Jul 2015, 23:57 »
Zitat
Well, my suggestion is:
Gandalf for Arnor

1) Wizard blast (not cranky, but the same blast like Gandalf for Gondor has)
3) Blinding light (former Ered Luin Gandalf spell)
5) Mount/dismount
7) Fireworks (the same ability)
10) Circle of fire (former Ered Luin Gandalf spell)

and he will hold only staff, because Glamdring is against lore (problem with time), his voice will be from Hobbit movies.

So we will have the three different mass slayers (Gandalf for Gondor, Gandalf for Arnor and Gandalf for Dwarves for some time) and each of them will be unique but his role will be the same. :)

My only problem is with fireworks instead of fire works he should have an ability to summon his bubble shield which would grant him crush and invulnerability for 15 seconds and take a way the random bubble pop up block for the arnor Gandalf so his ability would be similar to this ( go to 3:52 in the videos and you'll get an idea) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KDGP-fMEA

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 13. Jul 2015, 01:46 »

What were those spells? Can someone describe them. xD (Don't familiar with older versions, so ask this... xD )
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:17 von CragLord »

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 13. Jul 2015, 03:01 »
Blinding light stuns surrounding units, circle of fire literally makes a circle of fire around Gandalf witch burns enemies who come In contact with it

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 13. Jul 2015, 08:06 »
an ability to summon his bubble shield which would grant him crush and invulnerability
You know that similar ability (magic shield) Gandalf has automatically.

jiraiyathegallent

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #22 am: 13. Jul 2015, 12:46 »
An excellent idea Tienety  8-) the staff without glamdring would be great and new powers?? hay whats there to say no to about new powers!  xD im thinking a level 3 ability where he unshrouds a wide area around him or detects all hidden units near him like he did in dol guldor in the hobbit with the flashy light bursts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQNe0DmSDdc  skip to 55 seconds and see,also adding that talk with it.
ha ha ha...... im not human anymore either,these tears of blood overflowing with rage....i went from sannin to sage! the hermit sage of mount myobuku! i am master JIRAIYA!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 13. Jul 2015, 13:26 »
Well, in that case I agree with all abilities except lvl 10 ability. Circle of fire is inappropriate in my opinion, maybe to change it with some circle of valar's light (ring of light) with same result. But if this is too complicated to implement because of graphical requirements, then circle of fire is ok. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:17 von CragLord »

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #24 am: 13. Jul 2015, 17:01 »
an ability to summon his bubble shield which would grant him crush and invulnerability
You know that similar ability (magic shield) Gandalf has automatically.

Yes but the thing is it would be removed from arnor Gandalf like I said and it is different the bubble shield only blocks one attack while My one would block all attacks for 15 seconds plus grant him the cah crush power so he can deal extra damage as well

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Jul 2015, 12:56 »
Well, my suggestion is:
Gandalf for Arnor

i like how you improved my idea. I think this is much better. xD
I hope that one day we will see this version of Gandalf in Arnor.  8-)

Yes but the thing is it would be removed from arnor Gandalf like I said and it is different the bubble shield only blocks one attack while My one would block all attacks for 15 seconds plus grant him the cah crush power so he can deal extra damage as well
This is more suited for the heroes with tank role. I think that Thranduil already have similar ability. [ugly]

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #26 am: 26. Jul 2015, 14:19 »
And don't forget that gandalf is also a ring hero :D . I like you ideas guys , i hope that ET would use something :)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #27 am: 26. Jul 2015, 17:06 »
As far as i wonder, Arnor Gandalf should be more connected to his istari origin, I also wonder why no one noticed Gandalf also used his voice to achieve victory (of course it was not as powerful as Sarumans but he did) in a subtle way; also he could be more supportive... i propose these powers:

Wizard blast
Riding horse
Words of courage: For 30 seconds, he makes soldiers +15% stronger in armor & resistant to fear.
Pipe aroma: For 10 seconds, he will smoke & heal himself or nerby heroes  :) 
Blinding light (he will hit an small radius making a earthquake - the same time the light will blind his foes)

« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jul 2015, 17:14 von AmosVogel »
"Viva México"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #28 am: 26. Jul 2015, 17:12 »
As far as i wonder, Arnor Gandalf should be more connected to his istari origin, I also wonder why no one noticed Gandalf also used his voice to achieve victory (of course it was not as powerful as Sarumans but he did) in a subtle way; also he could be more supportive... to be more  have these powers:

Wizard blast
Riding horse
Words of courage: For 30 seconds, he makes soldiers +15% stronger in armor & resistant to fear.
Pipe aroma: For 10 seconds, he will smoke & heal himself or nerby heroes  :) 
Blinding light (he will hit an small radius making a earthquake - the same time the light will blind his foes)

Pipe aroma  :)

Unusual but very particular idea  8-)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 26. Jul 2015, 18:32 »
also he could be more supportive...
No.  xD
It isn't possible change his "mass slayer role" otherwise will be problem with roles for Arnor, again.