28. Mär 2024, 13:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf (Arnor)  (Gelesen 45500 mal)

Hal9000

• Gast
Re: Gandalf (Arnor)
« Antwort #30 am: 2. Aug 2015, 18:29 »
I'm really disappointed that they have removed the fire ring that burned enemies around Gandalf, it was a very spectacular spell, I'd really like it to be available for Gandalf in the Arnor faction.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: 2. Aug 2015, 18:44 »
Welcome on Modding union! xD

Well, I found another argument for different version of Gandalf, which will be available in Arnor. His aspect to fire spells will better correspond to his Dark ring form, because Dark Gandalf uses fire spells as well. ;)

It's logical, because his white form isn't in Arnor, so we should focus on Grey Gandalf and his dark ring form.

Well, my suggestion is:
Gandalf for Arnor

So we will have the three different mass slayers (Gandalf for Gondor, Gandalf for Arnor and Gandalf for Dwarves for some time) and each of them will be unique but his role will be the same. :)
Face-saving and very easy solution.

« Letzte Änderung: 2. Aug 2015, 18:51 von TiberiusOgden »

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 2. Aug 2015, 21:13 »
Thanks Tiberius! I'm "Frodon" on Moddb, Your ideas are very interesting, Gandalf without his sword would be quite original, these powers would be perfect, but what do you think about a passive spell like bubble shield? A new spell that repels enemies every 2 minutes in a tiny radius (without doing damages) or maybe something else.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 2. Aug 2015, 21:17 »
passive spell like bubble shield?
Gandalf automatically has white Istari shield against monsters and heroes. And "bubble shield" will have Thranduil. 8-|
Yes, he is tank, but Gandalf is mass slayer, so such spell (as a permanent skill) wouldn't be effective for him.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #34 am: 2. Aug 2015, 22:50 »
passive spell like bubble shield?
Gandalf automatically has white Istari shield against monsters and heroes. And "bubble shield" will have Thranduil. 8-|
Yes, he is tank, but Gandalf is mass slayer, so such spell (as a permanent skill) wouldn't be effective for him.

I'm not so sure that Thranduil is very skilled in Magic as other Wizards or High Elves...  ;)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #35 am: 2. Aug 2015, 23:04 »
Oh, that's no speculation from TiberiusOgden but an already confirmed ability from Thranduil. Should be in the second Lothlorien Update which came out like half a year ago.
Otherwise, I know the team likes Gandalf's current spells, but I agree that the Arnor Gandalf is a bit of an anachronism with his Glamdring, so at least one new spell should be created for him -I however do not think, that a more or less copy of the Ered Luin Gandalf is appropriate.
I'm also going to ask, does anyone here know the good old LotR action-RPG "The Return of the King". I'm thinking of giving Gandalf 1 or 2 spells from this game, namely "Flame of Ûdun" (basically our "Ring of Fire") and an offensive shield bubble -basically it would be active a short time after a short channel and would then damaged and knock back nearby enemies while absorbing arrows.

So my idea would be like (if I might use your idea, TiberiusOgden):

1) Wizard blast
3) Blinding light
5) Mount/dismount
7) Light of the Istari (this ability should be included in my opintion -without "Glamdring" his offensive capabilities against lone strong targets is already weakened substantially, so taking away his second single target spell would be too much)
10) Circle of fire (weak "Word of power" with faster recharge)

and passiveley he wouldn't use the defensive shield of the other Gandalfs, but the offensive version, described above.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: 2. Aug 2015, 23:35 »
Oh, that's no speculation from TiberiusOgden but an already confirmed ability from Thranduil. Should be in the second Lothlorien Update which came out like half a year ago.
I suppose that DieWalkure knows about it. ;)

more or less copy of the Ered Luin Gandalf is appropriate
According to my experience from Moddb.com - Ered Luin Gandalf (or better say - his skills) were extremely popular for many users, moreover such skillset quite fits there.

I'm also going to ask, does anyone here know the good old LotR action-RPG "The Return of the King". I'm thinking of giving Gandalf 1 or 2 spells from this game, namely "Flame of Ûdun" (basically our "Ring of Fire") and an offensive shield bubble -basically it would be active a short time after a short channel and would then damaged and knock back nearby enemies while absorbing arrows.
I know that game very well, but still I don't understand why we should change his role from mass slayer to tank role. Arnor already has problem with hero killer and this would be second problem with roles. xD
His passive "bubble" is well known utility from the BFME and I  think that it should be unified for all three "Gandalfs".

Light of the Istari (this ability should be included in my opintion -without "Glamdring" his offensive capabilities against lone strong targets is already weakened substantially, so taking away his second single target spell would be too much)
Please no Istari light.  :P
Istari light I removed immediately. Why? - Because it always reminds Gandalf's strike against Ringwraiths in front of Minas Tirith. It's iconic for Gondor faction, by the way - Istari light is not characteristic for Wizards, I think that more characteristic skill is wizard blast (which have Saruman, Gandalf and even Radagast).
We have chosen fireworks because it has nice animation but mainly - we can justify it by fact, that in Arnor faction are hobbits and fireworks is logically for them. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: 2. Aug 2015, 23:50 »
Agree with your suggestion Tiberius, but must admit that Flame of Ûdun animation in RPG game was really nice. Circle of fire as Gandalf's ability could never have name in which is implemented word  Ûdun, but if it is possible maybe to implement that staff animation. :)
About other spells, I don't have at mind any change. :P :)
(Earlier I suggested something about ring of light insted circle of fire, with same result, but it is justified (as you mentioned earlier) to remove everything about Istari light from Gray Wizard in Arnor. :) )

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 3. Aug 2015, 00:04 »
I suppose that DieWalkure knows about it. ;)

:P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #39 am: 3. Aug 2015, 21:22 »
name the lvl 10 skill i am the servant of the secret fire it should be a fire like blast like word of power little bit weaker and faster cd

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: 8. Aug 2015, 20:41 »
So "Flame of Ûdun" instead of "Circle of fire" but with the same effect? Honestly - there must be the same effect for Gandalf mass slayer role.
Why not. Flame of Ûdun is very nice title and reference to the book. ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #41 am: 8. Aug 2015, 20:56 »
So "Flame of Ûdun" instead of "Circle of fire" but with the same effect? Honestly - there must be the same effect for Gandalf mass slayer role.

i think balrog is the Flame of Ûdun  i dont think thats it fitts for gandalf to have a skill named  Flame of Ûdun  not the good gandalf i think it fitts better for gandalf corrupted

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #42 am: 8. Aug 2015, 21:00 »

i think balrog is the Flame of Ûdun  i dont think thats it fitts for gandalf to have a skill named  Flame of Ûdun  not the good gandalf i think it fitts better for gandalf corrupted

Exactly, the Flames of Udûn are the Balrogs.
Udûn is Utumno in Sindarin  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: 8. Aug 2015, 21:01 »
What about "Flame of Anor" ? ..  8-)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #44 am: 8. Aug 2015, 21:14 »
What about "Flame of Anor" ? ..  8-)

It's definitely better  :)
'Anor' is the Sun, thus the remnant of the golden Light of Laurelin, one of the Two Trees  ;)