27. Apr 2024, 12:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf (Arnor)  (Gelesen 46573 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Gandalf (Arnor)
« Antwort #75 am: 8. Sep 2015, 22:29 »
I LOVE YOUR IDEA MAN (NetoD20)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #76 am: 9. Sep 2015, 01:17 »
@Gandalf the Gray I'm happy you do, man ^__^
Hope more people like it too

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #77 am: 9. Sep 2015, 02:13 »
It is nice suggestion, I personally like it!  8-)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #78 am: 9. Sep 2015, 14:59 »
I agree it is nice idea and slightely nerfed and it will make really cool apperance for Gandalf!I am for that idea :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #79 am: 9. Sep 2015, 15:17 »
i hope the team will make this happen

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #80 am: 9. Sep 2015, 15:25 »
I like this idea with carriage. i hope that this is technically possible. 8-)

Great idea. 8-)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #81 am: 9. Sep 2015, 18:24 »
Zitat
But I realise beforehand that people will argue it's too powerful a spell for a summoned 7 point hero. So I had a better idea, I suggest that, when summoned, Dwarf-faction Gandalf appears in the center of a smaller range Word of Power spell effect. And then you hear the lines "Take up arms. Fight! FIGHT!"
Sounds like a really nice idea to me. I'll ask the rest of the team about their opinion. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #82 am: 9. Sep 2015, 18:38 »
Thank you Gnomi for the reply and when I say this I think I say it from the name of all us who supported the idea that we are grateful and awaiting with excitement the answer from the rest if the Team! :-)
Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #83 am: 9. Sep 2015, 18:45 »
Yes, thank you Gnomi for answering :D
And thanks to the people who supported it

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #84 am: 9. Sep 2015, 18:54 »
Yes, thank you Gnomi for answering mmate but you did not tell what do you think about the carriage xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #85 am: 10. Sep 2015, 01:07 »
So I had a better idea, I suggest that, when summoned, Dwarf-faction Gandalf appears in the center of a smaller range Word of Power spell effect. And then you hear the lines "Take up arms. Fight! FIGHT!"

I like this proposal as well  :)

Very unique and Hobbit-ish.
Perfect for this specific spell of the Dwarves  :)

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #86 am: 28. Okt 2015, 22:30 »
I really like this ;)
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #87 am: 27. Dez 2017, 23:28 »
Hello Edainers  :)
Here i want to present you my own proposal for Arnor's Gandalf. I brought back some of the old abilities from Ered luin Gandalf, such as blinding light and the Circle of fire. I instead leave pine-cones and fireworks as unique future for Dwarven version of Gandalf, in the name of uniqueness. Two new abilites has been crafted instead, which introduce a fundamental aspect of the Grey Pilgrim in game: his wandering and investigating character. These are "Revealing Spell" and "Emissary of hope". Take in cosideration that implemeting this concept could mean to renounce to the ring form in Arnor, in favour of Arvedui as the central ring bearer, since there is a considerable detachment between the proposed abilities and the classical skill-set of Gandalf. That is also the reason why Gandalf was not an additional ring hero, i guess.

Furthermore, we could definely consider to make staff the only weapon for Gandalf. This would be both unique and time-consistent, since Glamdring was not found yet during Arnor's age. In the bottom of the post you can find some proposed staff animation.

EDIT: after having discussed deeply the sole-staff option, we concluded that can't be an adequate set of animation which can satisfy us completely. Both for possible technical problem as well as 'cause we would force to give up some original animation of Gandalf, which are very cool and unique. Also, since now no proper staff's animations was found for GAndalf on mount.
Therefore, in order to preserve the time consistency, we'll turn on the second option: an overhaul of the sword.

Being the literary man of the forum,as well as poet, Walküre crafted a lore background of our sword, placing it as a secondary gift from Cirdan along with The Ring of Fire:

Then, my gentle attendees of the thread, I think I may have come up with a decent background story for the said sword, in order to endow it with a proper essence; this is the case for many items in Tolkien's writings. We must live up to the tradition. Concerning the story, what if the blade were too a gift from Círdan. Not only did he give the wizard the Ring of Fire, but also something that would be of much avail in his perilous journey. Círdan had foreseen all the tribulations that Gandalf would have to face and therefore decided to offer him a secondary object of relevant note. The Guardian of the Havens see further than anyone else in Middle-earth and knows that the hands of the wizard shall wield a greater blade, unearthed thanks to fate and hammer of the Evil...

Zitat
Take the blade of the Foam-riders with thee, Grey Wizard. It is silver, light as our vessels that voyage beyond the blue, yet dreadful token for whom dareth hinder the will of the Western Lords. Thou shalt bear it, along thy hazardous journeys and whither thy mission is to lead thee, until thy hand shall wield a mightier craft, made by grievous exiled and borne by a king dwelling in legend.

In line with the stanzas of Walküre, a silver-like sword has been found on web. It is simpler than Glamdring and has a different style, even though it is of Elvish origin too. The brightness of the silver as well as the homogeneity of the elven style blade should give a different impact, such that it would be easy to distinguish it from Turgon's intended blade during game matches. Here the mentioned sword, along with the pictures where i found it (i advice you to look at them, there are very interesting designs in those drawings):

And the other ancient elven baldes (our chosen sword is the Voronwë one, on bottom picture at the second row):

Last but not least, also this new Gandalf will be affected  by Narya's influence, but this point need to be discussed deeply too. Here you can find the link to the orginal Ring of Fire proposal The Ring of Fire

Anyhow, enjoy the concept  :). I'm looking forward your feedback as always.

Here you can see an old video showing the complete skillset of Gandalf the Grey for Ered Luin in Edain 3.8.1 :

Level 1: "Wizard's blast"as Gondor Gandalf, with a palantir that shows the staff of the Grey Pilgrim.

Level 3: "Revealing Spell": Gandalf generates a magic wave that reveals stealth units as well as dissolving magic influence of surrounding enemy structures ( runes, poison, leadership etc.). As follow the .gif image from the sequence in the movie. I propose, as fitting animation, The wrath of winter animation of wizards in Chronicle submod (at 00:20). I just propose once this animation to Walkure for the Galadriel proposal, i think it would fit in this case also, cleaning it from the heat effect and Sauron's voice:

Level 5: "Mount/Dismount"

Level 7: "Emissary of hope(on horse)": Gandalf journeys through the lands of grief, bearer of hope at the behest of the West. His horse speed is increased to 40%, a veil of light sorround the Grey pilgrim which makes allied units fearless for a short period of time.

Implemented proposal of the wise and smart Walküre, it is indeed an optimal  reference of Gandalf wadering with his horse to investigate bringing to the sunlight the most deep and darkest secret. Also Gandalf the Grey is the one that suddently comes to the battlefield to help in difficult times. These elements are implemented by increasing of the speed and ispiring of allied units

Level 7: "Blinding Light"(on foot) as hobbit Version, but it stuns trolls too ("the dawn will take you all!!!") and deals some damage (spread, not concentrated like light of the Istari) also to general monsters around Gandalf.

Level 10: "Flame of Anor" as hobbit Gandalf , the circle of fire of 3.8.1

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jan 2018, 12:18 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #88 am: 31. Dez 2017, 02:49 »
Thank you for having revived the thread. I quite think it's needed, given the premise of the future patch around diversity and differentiation in the game. This is also an interesting topic that, as you may have noticed, goes back to the primeval times of the English Community and no final solution had been found so far. The actual discussion froze and I haven't heard anything about it for very long time. I hope we shall truly find a satisfying compromise among all divergent views, although I saw that you've already accomplished much yourself and this pleases me. I will then try to be the briefest possible with my personal response :)

All in all, I like the rationale of the concept: endowing Gandalf with a different kind of characterisation that is to be a proper feature of the faction. In so doing, you have rightly decided to focus on the whole theme revolving around fire. And it is a brilliant choice, I say. Therefore, I agree with most of the abilities you have put forward and I believe that this new character will surely help maximise the role of the hero in this precise context (quite limited and constrained, if I may say so). Only, the sole aspect I'm still missing is what is to be of the wizard's sword: is he going to keep a sword (a generic one, even though the model is the same as the one of Glamdring)? Or are we going to jettison the idea of a blade and go for an unconventional new animation for him with just the staff (picking one from the available possibilities at hand)? I feel like debating the sword issue a little bit more thoroughly.

Going through the abilities in detail, I really appreciated what you did with the hypothetical level-three feature; it gives not only a very pleasant Hobbit-related touch, but it also relates to the foremost nature of Wizards: their inquisitive interest into the happenings of the vast world and the usual proclivity of Gandalf towards conducting the most diverse sort of enquiries. And on the present structure, I think that the proposed level-five ability should be replaced (the ultimate power already deals with the theme of the Sacred Fire) by another ability which I have taken the liberty to craft. It is just a rough idea still, yet I'm quite certain that we would proceed in the right direction. I have named it Emissary of Hope and it was fashioned on those famous pillars I mentioned above: the true essence of the Istari, since all of them had journeyed immense distances after their arrival in Middle-earth, visiting the furthest places of the known world, recollecting part of the knowledge they had been deprived of and making sure that the order of the region was well preserved. The Grey Pilgrim, in particular, is the iconic figure that perfectly embodies this wanderer/traveller-type role, for he did have the role of an emissary from the West, sent to confront the revenant Evil (not facing the threat directly, but via the inspiring of hope in people's hearts). That's why I guess that this suggestion might be more in tune with the case, taking also into account the very timeline of the faction. As I have envisaged things, it is to be his level-seven ability, because we also need his mount at level 5. Blinding Light had better leave space for this new configuration of his power set, in that the quality of both light and fire are easily comprehended in the ultimate skill.

These are the ideas I have been pondering about unto the present moment: it may be activated only on horse and it will make the wizard shine of a bright radiance, veiled and clothed with light. His speed is temporarily increased by 40%, alongside rendering all nearby units fearless until the effect wears out. The said feature could thus be used for the hero's personal defence (fleeing from hazard) and for supporting your own troops, or as a means of scouting and moving around the map very rapidly. An option that could also result in a nice combination with Glorfindel and his swift knights. What do you think? The ability boasts this two-nature side that I fancy quite a lot, as well as exploring the early wandering spirit of our beloved wizard.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #89 am: 31. Dez 2017, 13:43 »
I really like both Aulë's concept and Walk's changes! I don't have much to add except on the sword issue, I guess.

I think it would be more unique having a sword-less Gandalf, to further differentiate him from his Gondor counterpart (and of course, taking into account that he only found Glamdring in The Hobbit's time). So maybe another animation could be found for him, I was thinking Saruman's, but I don't know if that would fit.