28. Mär 2024, 14:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf (Arnor)  (Gelesen 45501 mal)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Gandalf (Arnor)
« Antwort #105 am: 20. Jan 2018, 16:47 »
I perfectly agree with you about the lore you crafted. It is quite reasonable to set our sword as a gift for Cirdan. I had too the desire to preserve some the Elvish style even in this new weapon but i found nothing that satisfy me in the past days. Now instead, i want  to show you some intepretative drawigs about Elven kings blades, some are simply the one coming from the movies (there is Glamdring too and Orcrist, along with the Kings they were intended for). We can easly exclude curved or other particular shape blades as you said, but maybe in the others we can find something interesting:

The Fingon one (upper picture), for example, it's in the style you proposed :), or the Ingwë one (bottom picture) too if we get rid of those climbing branches along the blade :)
A note: could be reasonable in your opinion to make the blade shining in presence of enemy? it could underline the elvish provenance of the blade as well as distinguish it from Glamdring even when the zoom is not so high to notice the differences in details
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2018, 16:51 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #106 am: 21. Jan 2018, 22:19 »
How in the world was I not aware of those pictures' existence? They're totally splendid and it really required a vast amount of imagination to give shape to such creativity, I guess. Thank you for having shared it with us :)

Based on the aforementioned reasoning, I would deem Voronwë's blade a viable choice. The sword itself is as elegant as Glamdring and differs from the latter in size, being overall thinner and longer. It would make for a great sword, as a gift from the Foam-riders (in the way we envisaged this fictional lore of ours). Adding to this, it is significant and important that such blade be not granted the property of glowing: as far as I have knowledge of, this peculiar quality had only been achieved by the Noldorin smiths of Aman, at the acme of the Noldor's beauty and potency during the Noon of Valinórë. The art of forging glowing swords was then brought with them to Middle-earth. It follows that, albeit them being the finest mariners of all, the Teleri (the Sea-elves, specifically) could not boast such crafting mastery in regards to weapons.

In the end, choosing that sword will permit to create a silver-made model with the haft being fused with the main body of the weapon. Bright as the stars shining over the waves of the blue.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #107 am: 21. Jan 2018, 23:49 »
How in the world was I not aware of those pictures' existence? They're totally splendid and it really required a vast amount of imagination to give shape to such creativity, I guess. Thank you for having shared it with us :)

You know gentle Walküre, when it comes to seek pitcure or everything about concepts nothing can stop me  :D :D. To be fair i simply did not give up in searching on internet, and finally found something that really satisfy my curiosity as well as my desire of fine art :)
 I'm really glad you like it and you and all the other valorous members of MU can share this picture or make use of it for whatever purpose , now that you are aware of them ;)

I have noticed the Voronwë one, it seemed really "made for Gandalf" the reason i didn't now, now instead i have the answer:

I'm still young but at the same time old enough such i've started exploring the LOTR world in cinema from the very beginning: via the the Ralph Bakshi's LOTR VHS, the vintage cartoon crafted far back in 1978  :D :D And as you can see the sword of Gandalf The White in this case was white and shining too. 
It was a clue hidden in a corner of my growing older mind  :D
Anyhow, i agree with the sword model and understand the reasoning of non-glowing, the silver itself should be just itself sufficiently shining such that you can clearly distinguish it from Turgon's intended blade :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #108 am: 22. Jan 2018, 00:38 »
Correct. That was what I was seeking for. And I would call it a sign of fate: we ought to proceed this way :P

This is personally the sword of my dreams: elegant, light and a sole shape of metal. I adore akin warfare craft and I like imagining that Elven art was also austere and essential in the Elder Days, yet perfect in itself and imbued by magic. Sometimes, one just has to go back to the old simpler manner, if this one is willing to enjoy consistent art. It is also my antiquarian conception of art, holistically speaking, and it kind of applies to Eä equally.

Hence, I shall give you my green light.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #109 am: 22. Jan 2018, 12:26 »
Main post updated with all the recent progresses ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #110 am: 23. Jan 2018, 02:39 »
The very first post has been updated and edited. The main proposal shall now have the needed and well-deserved visibility of the case. And it was just time for a proper renovation of the thread! I've also taken the liberty to start the voting/feedback-garnering process. I think that the final outcome may be submitted to public scrutiny without any problem.

Good luck :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #111 am: 23. Jan 2018, 10:13 »
The very first post has been updated and edited. The main proposal shall now have the needed and well-deserved visibility of the case. And it was just time for a proper renovation of the thread! I've also taken the liberty to start the voting/feedback-garnering process. I think that the final outcome may be submitted to public scrutiny without any problem.

Good luck :)

Thank you very much, Walküre, for your precious help and contribution :) it has been really a pleasure to work on Gandalf, putting my creativity in such an important character. Now let's see what is the opinion of the cummunity via voting-system :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 23. Jan 2018, 14:25 »
Needless to say, additional discussions and minor improvements may be debated, provided that one expresses oneself in favour or against the core concept. That is our prime goal.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #113 am: 23. Jan 2018, 15:12 »
Consider me in favour of this suggestion!

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #114 am: 23. Jan 2018, 17:28 »
I as Gandalf myself can't deny this proposal XD. But seriously, Gandalf in Arnor really needed some changes and this proposal is very well written, aiming to design Gandalf as he was before we saw him in the hobbit. Though i would want to see some other ability than the constant wizard blast, i think this concept is quite satisfying. I'm for it.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #115 am: 24. Jan 2018, 10:18 »
Needless to say, additional discussions and minor improvements may be debated, provided that one expresses oneself in favour or against the core concept. That is our prime goal.

Indeed. As i said some time ago in Smaug's thread, apart of twisting the core itself (otherwise it would not make sense to keep on discussing on the examined concept  [ugly]), everything can be changed. I warmly invite everyone to express his vote and what they'd like to improve  :)
Btw thank you for updating the main post for me, great Walküre! xD

Consider me in favour of this suggestion!

Gracias Julio!  xD

I as Gandalf myself can't deny this proposal XD. But seriously, Gandalf in Arnor really needed some changes and this proposal is very well written, aiming to design Gandalf as he was before we saw him in the hobbit. Though i would want to see some other ability than the constant wizard blast, i think this concept is quite satisfying. I'm for it.

Thank you Gandalf, as you see you should be happy now you have a new sword to  add in your Elven weapon collection  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jan 2018, 12:22 von AulëTheSmith »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #116 am: 24. Jan 2018, 19:28 »
I'm in favour of this idea. I think it could be a very interesting addition.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #117 am: 24. Jan 2018, 20:16 »
I'm in favour of this idea. I think it could be a very interesting addition.

Thank you and welcome on board OakenShield  xD

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #118 am: 26. Jan 2018, 00:22 »
Yup, add me too, please!

I was not too keen on a staff-only Gandalf, because of how recognisable his animations are. The replaced sword looks good, though I think it should not look more majestic than Glamdring itself. Also, I'm not sure shining white objects stand out well in-game, but perhaps that's too much nitpicking.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #119 am: 26. Jan 2018, 01:07 »
Thank you for the support. Were the model to be actually crafted by developers, I'm sure it won't outshine our Glamdring. Personally, I think that it's not aesthetics what differentiates the former from the fictional latter. The new blade is not to possess such power, so that it may channel the terrible force of weather phenomena, that perhaps represents the furthest extent at which the wizard's own prowess could push itself. Nevertheless, we shall see which turn things are bound to take.

And, no, never have your remarks been superfluous or out-of-place considerations. I take all in consideration for the time to be :)
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2018, 01:14 von Walküre »