14. Jun 2024, 02:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New formation for Spearmens  (Gelesen 1797 mal)

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
New formation for Spearmens
« am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:49 »
Hey ! I had an idea while watching the Rohan charge on Pelennor fields ( (**) ) : why not make some "Line Formation" for Spearman ?

Line formation

The spearmans plants their feets on the ground, and take them spear. All riders that's charge the spearmans will be knocked back. Spearman cannot move when in this formation, and deals -80% of damage against other units, but can't be trampled and knock back the riders.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: New formation for Spearmens
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Aug 2015, 04:02 »
nice idea and it should have a CD because its a lil bit op

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Aug 2015, 09:40 »
CD = ? ^^

If you mean some weakness, i have no better idea that to "block" the ennemy in this formation for a while with a cooldown, to not spam the ability ^^

Maybe this formation should be avaiable only at level 5 ?

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Aug 2015, 09:46 »
CD should mean cooldown  ;)

So you cannot switch line and normal every second.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:56 »
There cant be a Cooldown for formations, its not possible.

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Aug 2015, 10:57 »
Ah ok... :/

So maybe give the ability to the higher levels will balance the formation ?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Aug 2015, 09:16 »
Or better yet. Remember in bfme1 the pike formation used to actually make sense  (soldiers form together tightly and point their pike wall to face the enemy).
I think it had a 40% bonus to cave from the front. However this formation would make the unit 50% slower i believe  (easy pick for archers) and since they point only one way, they can be easily flanked.
I loved this formation a lot more than the porcupine nonsense from bfme2. Why the hell would you have a third of your unit facing the enemy, and the rest just chilling out facing backwards!
It also made it extremely hard for cavalry to be of any use as a flanking force if the player microed his pikes in time. Just press the button and voila you'll be facing everywhere^^
Did i mention that it looks way cooler to have an army of pikes in a pike wall formation? You know, Helmsdeep, the Pelennor,... a pike wall always gives the chills :D

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Aug 2015, 09:41 »
As far as I know this Bfme I formation caused problems and is sadly not possible like that in Bfme II.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Aug 2015, 10:07 »
What a shame  :(
Maybe one there could be something working and interesting other than porcupine.
I wonder if ShieldWall formation can be of any use to a pike unit :/ i suppose the animations may glitch. But maybe it can be fixed? It may worth some experiments.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Aug 2015, 10:10 »
We had already the experiments and it sadly wasn't possible. I'm personally also a big fan of the formation in Bfme I and would love to see it back, but as far as I remember the problem was always that they weren't able to move after the formation or the formation did no damage (similar to half trolls - knights just ran through them)