17. Mai 2024, 07:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imlardis revamp suggestion  (Gelesen 7928 mal)

Feanaro

• Hobbit
Imlardis revamp suggestion
« am: 27. Mai 2015, 06:29 »
Mae Govannen and well met :)

I have a suggestion for Imlardis faction which was my favorite in older version of Edain mod.

Here are the facts that were stated in Silmarillion

High Elves and Elves of First age ( Noldo, Vanyar ) were the most powerful and most feared of any race/faction against Dark Foe of the World , Morgoth. Keep in mind that Sauron was just his puppet. Elves in general posses superior strength,stamina , they are wisest and they do not suffer illness.

Along with that they have centuris , some ages of combat experience which can make them nearly perfect.

Names like Maedhros,Fingon,Finglofin,Curufin,Turgon,Finrod are legendary. Imlardis are direct descendants of Noldo, but very few of them left in Middle-Earth.

They have the blood of Firstborn in their prime and I honestly think you should make them the best overall units in game, but without making them super overpowered to break balance.

Nevertheless they should have highest damage and highest quality armor ( next to dwarves ) We know that dwarven and Elven armor are of the highest quality, Elf smiths Celebrimor and Feanor are 2 most renowned ever and Dwarven Mithirl mail is incredibly strong indeed.

Or Give them unique abilites which will not be avilable to any other faction like passive ability to reduce enemy armor/dmg, fear immunity, inspiration to other troops and ability to give major experience to others.

I loved the way you introduced Imlarids faction in 3.8.1 but I have some other suggestions regarding units.

Imlarids faction should be played carefuly and with use of tactics due to fact they have low units per group and takes longest time to reach maximum potential.

All units have fear immunity since start, no additional level required.

All units start with max level  and upgrades.

5 per unit max. They are very powerful.

Increase built time, Increase cost.

Power of the Eldar and Firstborn - Very high poison resist , we know that elves do not suffer illness and are very resistant to it

Rivendell Archer - 30% Range and attack was too overpowered. It should be reduced to 15% -20% max.

Increase the armor furthermore , but reduce their speed. Slightly decrease attack speed.

Rivendell swordsman / Passive ability Blade storm , temp boost to attack damage while slowly draining HP. If they survive the fight, they regen again.

Rivendell lancer - Mental fortitude - passive ability. Cannot be knocked down by cavarly , only large monsters like Trolls or Mumaks, dragons, etc..

Slighty decrease their HP. Increase Armor.

Improve defence against trample damage and cavarly esp Mordor cavarly ( Morgul something I forgot their name )

Lancer is weak to swordsman , not cavarly or archers.

Rivendell Champion , My favorite unit. 2nd deadliest imo it should be. Elite infantry

Upgrade ability -Fury of blades , Double the attack speed for short duration, can hit 2 enemies

Upgrade ability - Wrath of Orome  - Enemy infanty flees in terror  for short duration, but cannot be attacked for 10 - 15 sec

Passive ability to Champion. Blood/Dying rage - Boost to attack damage when health is lower then 30%/15%  30/50%

Master infantry

Watchdog of Imlarids - PLEASE rename it, its silly name watchdogs for Elves.

Rename suggestions

Vanquishers,Immortals,Shadow slayers,Noldo veterans..

Best of the best troops, veterains of countless battles, dressed in white or red, Huge HP , Very high damage, high armor, medium speed.

Passive ability Inspiration buff, You presence inspire others , +25% damage and 25% armor bonus for other infantry

Passive abilty - Invincible , ( name ) will fight when HP is drained for 7 sec.

Upgrade option N1 - Raging Frenzy -Boosts attack damage based on overall HP

100 -80/60/40/20        - 20%/40%/60%/80%

Upgrade option ( Wisdom of the ancients ) Dual wield option , Two handed option

Dual wield - Increases attack speed by 30%  can hit second target with 50% less damage

Two handed option 20% damage 25% chance to paralyze enemy  target for 3 sec All except heroes and very large monsters.

Upgrade option N3

Blessing of Eonwe - Targeted infantry receives bonus damage against Heroes

+20% damage against enemy hero.

Note: You can only have 1 upgrade ability so choose wiserly.

3 max units avilable to build.

I'll update soon more! Hope you like some of it !

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Re: Imlardis revamp suggestion
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Aug 2015, 15:11 »
I couldn't find better topic for this, so I'll write it here.
I've got one question, there will be Durin IV and some dwarves in Imladris Last Alliance spell?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Aug 2015, 15:34 »
Well I have made that suggestion directly to Earendil!I suggested few weeks ago that there should be some Dwarves led by Durin IV in the Last Alliance Spell but he simply said that they can do it but do not want to! :) Even though it is lore true that there should be Dwarves sicne the Movie didn't show them the Team do not want to do it too ! :) Which makes the Dwarves look like "dicks" for not joining the free people against Sauron while in truth they sended great host led by Durin IV himself! But as I said the Team refused completely! :)
P.S. Sorry for going out of topic! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Aug 2015, 16:57 »
Well I have made that suggestion directly to Earendil!I suggested few weeks ago that there should be some Dwarves led by Durin IV in the Last Alliance Spell but he simply said that they can do it but do not want to! :)
And I agree with Ea. xD
  • In that case there would be too many heroes and units even for ultimate spell
  • Movie feeling will be gone, yes, Dwarves also participated, but that spell is nice reference to prologue from the Fellowship of the ring.
  • Some dwarven heroes will be in the spellbook as well (Elrond's council spell)
  • Dwarves don't like Elves :P

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Aug 2015, 17:17 »
Yeah, they don't like them so much, that in LA fought about 50000 dwarves.  [ugly]

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Aug 2015, 17:28 »
Well I have made that suggestion directly to Earendil!I suggested few weeks ago that there should be some Dwarves led by Durin IV in the Last Alliance Spell but he simply said that they can do it but do not want to! :)
And I agree with Ea. xD
  • In that case there would be too many heroes and units even for ultimate spell
  • Movie feeling will be gone, yes, Dwarves also participated, but that spell is nice reference to prologue from the Fellowship of the ring.
  • Some dwarven heroes will be in the spellbook as well (Elrond's council spell)
  • Dwarves don't like Elves :P

I too agree with Ea and Tiberius, Dáin  :P

Not only does the Last Alliance spell refer to the War of the Last Alliance itself and the cinematographic adaptation, but also it's a spell mainly based on the last act of this War, the Siege of Barad-dûr and the duel with Sauron, where Gil-galad and Elendil tragically died.
The 'main characters' of this spell must thus necessarily be the High King of the Noldor and the Sons of Númenor; the presence of the Dwarves, though lore accurate could be, would not fit very well.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 6. Aug 2015, 23:50 »
I cant agree with you guys this time! Elves not loving Dwarves is irrelevant since we all know about the good relationship between the Dwarves of Khazad Dum and Eregion and how Durin III gas led and Army to help them against Sauron but arrived too late!
And I cant agree leaving Dwarves out just because it will not be like in thw Movie and the focus must be only on thw beloved Elves amd the great Man leaving Dwarves out this time ia near a "racism" !Just for the sake of Man and Elves to more hype and get all the glory as always! :-) Plus the only hero that the Dwarves will have is Durin IV who can usr Dains old Model with some changes while.the Dwarves can be with old veteran skins! :-)
P.S. And as you can see even in the final act at rhe Siege of Barad Dur there were a Dwarven Army http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Siege%20of%20Barad-d%C3%BBr

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2015, 00:06 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Aug 2015, 00:08 »
I cant agree with you guys this time! Elves not loving Dwarves is irrelevant since we all know about the good relationship between the Dwarves of Khazad Dum and Eregion and how Durin III gas led and Army to help them against Sauron but arrived too late!
And I cant agree leaving Dwarves out just because it will not be like in thw Movie and the focus must be only on thw beloved Elves amd the great Man leaving Dwarves out this time ia near a "racism" !Just for the sake of Man and Elves to more hype and get all the glory as always! :-) Plus the only hero that the Dwarves will have is Durin IV who can usr Dains old Model with some changes while.the Dwarves can be with old veteran skins! :-)

In fact, in my reply, I never mentioned any type of bad relationships between Elves and Dwarves.
Elves and Dwarves, although some serious 'incidents', have always had good and useful ties since the Years of the Trees, when Middle Earth was dark under a starry Sky, and the only Light dwelt beyond the Pelóri Mountains  8-)

Anyway, the Last Alliance spell is precisely conceived to meet those precise standards, the Dwarves would be out of place  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 7. Aug 2015, 00:14 »
Tiberius said about Dwarves nor loving Elves :D
Still I do not understand why thw Dwarves would be out of place!?If that was the case I think that Tolkien himself wouldn't have included them there!While he wanted to show that Dwarves arw not so isolated and selfish to not care about the Darkness that descends !

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 7. Aug 2015, 00:19 »
Tiberius said about Dwarves nor loving Elves :D
Still I do not understand why thw Dwarves would be out of place!?If that was the case I think that Tolkien himself wouldn't have included them there!While he wanted to show that Dwarves arw not so isolated and selfish to not care about the Darkness that descends !

The Dwarves didn't have a relevant role in the final duel against the Dark Lord, at the feet of his fortress, after years of siege.

In that precise moment, Gil-galad, Elendil and Isildur became part of the LEGEND  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Aug 2015, 00:40 »
It is not about the Heroes it is a global War in which Dwarves helped!It is not about single heroes against Sauron but a war !Leta see Isildur ,Gil Galad and Elendil defeat the whole Armies of Sauron bu themselves!? The Last Alliance is not about a duel between Good Heroes against Sauron but to represent the joined forces of thw free people Dwarves,Elves and Man against a comon and global enemy and it is a fact that Dwarves helped with quite an Army consisted of the Noblest of the Dwarves the Longbeards of Khazad Dum heirs of.Durin and led directly by Durin IV himself! :-)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 7. Aug 2015, 01:22 »
It is not about the Heroes it is a global War in which Dwarves helped!It is not about single heroes against Sauron but a war !Leta see Isildur ,Gil Galad and Elendil defeat the whole Armies of Sauron bu themselves!? The Last Alliance is not about a duel between Good Heroes against Sauron but to represent the joined forces of thw free people Dwarves,Elves and Man against a comon and global enemy and it is a fact that Dwarves helped with quite an Army consisted of the Noblest of the Dwarves the Longbeards of Khazad Dum heirs of.Durin and led directly by Durin IV himself! :-)

But that is the way this spell was conceived, helped also by the cinematographic adaptation  :)

The War of the Last Alliance was indeed wider and destructive, but the final duel with Sauron is definitely, in the lore and in the Tales of Middle Earth, the most crucial and tragic moment.

The Two Númenórean Kingdoms in exile lost their King (Elendil) and his son Anárion; and the Noldor lost their last High King, remnant of a great Glory since the First Age and the Years of the Trees, and they will never regain their past Power.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 7. Aug 2015, 01:53 »
While I see your point I still have to say that all that sis not right for the spell.!If we follow that logic then we should have a Spell where we summon only Elendil ,Gil Galad ,Isildur and Anarion ! :-) No,simply the Last Alliance Spell should represent the global war and the uniting of the free people amd among.those Armies rhere is a great Host of Dwarves and they deserve a place among those Armies in the Spell! :-)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #13 am: 7. Aug 2015, 02:02 »
In fact, Anarion shouldn't be included! He dies before the duel with sauron, crushed by rock, during siege. :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 7. Aug 2015, 02:18 »
In fact, Anarion shouldn't be included! He dies before the duel with sauron, crushed by rock, during siege. :P

But he took part anyway in the final Siege of Sauron's Dark Fortress, along with the Noldor guided by Gil-galad and his herald Elrond.

As you may know, not only the Dwarves were present in the previous battles of the War, but also troops from Lórien, guided by Amdír, and troops from Mirkwood, guided by Oropher, Thranduil's father.
Do they all have to be included?
I think they don't, lest the spell become OP and a bit confusing, losing its LOTR trilogy's references.
And the cinematographic prologue of LOTR is definitely one of the most famous and iconic elements of this trilogy.