13. Mai 2024, 21:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imlardis revamp suggestion  (Gelesen 7911 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Imlardis revamp suggestion
« Antwort #15 am: 7. Aug 2015, 04:38 »
Could you guys please get back to topic.
Except the starting post, no one of you have said anything at all that link even remotely to the topic itself. [ugly]

Please start a different thread about the last alliance spell if you wish.
All non-related posts will be removed from here in due time.
Thx for the understanding.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #16 am: 7. Aug 2015, 07:48 »
I see hoho but we really has gotten out of topic.and I am sorry for that :(
And still Walkure the main point is to have an Last Alliance Spell which represents all Races ,not all Kingdom and we have Elves and Man why not and Dwarves since we know they were there!? :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 7. Aug 2015, 12:08 »
Could you guys please get back to topic.
Except the starting post, no one of you have said anything at all that link even remotely to the topic itself. [ugly]

Please start a different thread about the last alliance spell if you wish.
All non-related posts will be removed from here in due time.
Thx for the understanding.

I'm sorry, hoho96, but I don't agree with you.

We have answered to Linhir's suggestion/proposal, and started then a discussion; I regard it possible and acceptable if the initial topic of the thread (if it isn't a direct and specific question) opens up to a wider general discussion, and, since the topic of this thread is 'Imladris suggestion', I personally find it perfectly legitimate  :)
Linhir made a further proposal about the Last Alliance spell, which rightly belongs to Imladris as a faction, we then have answered and started discussing about it.

If the topic gets righteously wider (without any really off-topic posts), I don't see how we are doing something against the rules if we discuss it; and and I don't think it is necessary to start another thread about the Last Alliance spell.
If you want to join a thread/discussion you don't necessarily have to always answer or refer to the very first post/topic of that precise thread; if we adopted this method, I think we should delete half of the comments of the 'Elrond, Lord of Imladris' thread or others more.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Aug 2015, 00:34 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #18 am: 7. Aug 2015, 12:59 »
I support Walkure 100% we are simply widering the question asked by Lihnir and making a good reasonable and polite discussion!I do not think it should be ended ! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #19 am: 7. Aug 2015, 14:56 »
So do I! Just chill a little hoho, and join us or leave in peace. It's idiotic to use regulations selectively. Or it covers all forum, even german, or nothing. ;)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #20 am: 22. Aug 2015, 21:08 »
Zitat
Rivendell Archer - 30% Range and attack was too overpowered. It should be reduced to 15% -20% max.

Stop nerfing archers, PLEASE, I can't take this anymore! I like a nice, long, defense-oriented game, and although Edain Mod is amazing it is making very hard to further my playstyle.

Speaking of archers, I remember reading on an old Imladris update post on ModDB that the elite archers of Imladris would be the Dunedáin rangers. While I agree they should be included in the faction somehow, it's really frustrating that the units who are going to take a major role in the faction aren't actually Noldo.

Come on, I love this faction because I love elves, and the heavy bright armours, the arcane magic, and the magnificence of them. Ragged rangers don't fit it. They could be included along with Aragorn ranger version as one of Arwen's spells. But please make the elite archers of this faction actually elven.

Another suggestion is that it would be nice if Imladris' outpost were a Lindon fortress where you can recruit Círdan instead of a simple settlement tower, as of now I don't think Imladris has an outpost, and it would be a real shame not getting one like Rohan. Also, what about giving the Lindon Warriors the ability to switch between bow and two swords instead of one? Every time I clicked switch in Eain 3.8.1 I kind of expected for them to draw two swords and always forgot they had only one (because of the switch button drawing). It would set them apart and it always remind me that in D&D you need high Dexterity both to use bows and fight with two weapons.

Instead of Arwen's the rangers could be a Eladan/Elrohir ability, or a ability of Arwen's summoned Aragorn. Either way Imladris didn't need recruiting them in 3.8.1
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Aug 2015, 21:34 von Gnomi »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 22. Aug 2015, 21:56 »
Another suggestion is that it would be nice if Imladris' outpost were a Lindon fortress where you can recruit Círdan instead of a simple settlement tower, as of now I don't think Imladris has an outpost, and it would be a real shame not getting one like Rohan.

I don't totally find the Lindon Tower so out of place; I think that it is, especially for its unique 'upgrading' system connected to Círdan's level, one of the most interesting and useful solutions in the game.

Also, most importantly, in the late Third Age the ancient realm of Lindon has basically disappeared from the World, being still present as very few small settlements along the Western Coast; the overall 'military' and 'geopolitical' power of the Grey Havens/Lindon (Círdan) is less relevant and influent even than the one of Rivendell, since the Grey Havens are essentially, at that time, a momentary shelter for the Elves who were willing to leave forever the World.
Giving Lindon an outpost on its own, and new elements concerning warfare, wouldn't be logical and lore accurate, I guess.

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #22 am: 22. Aug 2015, 22:04 »
don't totally find the Lindon Tower so out of place;

Oh, I don't think it's out of place, just that it could be an outpost, but I see your lore point there.

My fear is Imladris not getting an outpost beyond the vanilla one just like Rohan, or getting Arnor's boring Border Fortress. I wanted to see something grand and beautiful, as it is my favourite faction.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 23. Aug 2015, 01:16 »
My fear is Imladris not getting an outpost beyond the vanilla one just like Rohan, or getting Arnor's boring Border Fortress. I wanted to see something grand and beautiful, as it is my favourite faction.

I understand your concern.
A possible concept of an outpost for Rivendell, though, is really problematic.
Theoretically, Rivendell can count on various alliances and friendly ties all over Middle Earth (primarily on Arnor/Gondor), via the legendary and sensational bloodline of Elrond (and his twin brother).

But, strictly referring to the geographical position of Imladris, it can't count on anyone but the Rangers of the North and the Hobbits, since Eriador gradually turned in a wild and dangerous land after the Second Age, and Rivendell is a quite isolated place by its nature, being it a magical Elven Shelter protected by one the Three Rings (Vilya).

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #24 am: 23. Aug 2015, 07:50 »
Currently, Imladris has one option when selecting an outpost plot: the Dúnedain-Outpost. They cannot construct a "vanilla" (imladris) outpost, unlike Rohan. The Dúnedain outpost has four expansion plots (irrc) and allows the training of Dúnedain units (Bow, Spear and Sword) who are cheaper but not better than the regular Imladris units. They get a stealth bonus, though.

Also, I think it would be better to wait until you can actually play as Imladris before discussing changes, not having seen it in its current form.
RPG:

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #25 am: 23. Aug 2015, 18:57 »
Well I have made that suggestion directly to Earendil!I suggested few weeks ago that there should be some Dwarves led by Durin IV in the Last Alliance Spell but he simply said that they can do it but do not want to! :) Even though it is lore true that there should be Dwarves sicne the Movie didn't show them the Team do not want to do it too ! :) Which makes the Dwarves look like "dicks" for not joining the free people against Sauron while in truth they sended great host led by Durin IV himself! But as I said the Team refused completely! :)
P.S. Sorry for going out of topic! :)
You are right, there were Dwarves in the Last Alliance. but remember, according to the Silmarillion, not many Dwarves fought on either side. But yes I do agree it would be cool to see them.

The Last Alliance is to me what the Dwarves are to you, haha  xD

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #26 am: 4. Sep 2015, 17:12 »
Well the Numenoreans were known for their powerful steel bows, so I'm okay with Imladris archers not having the same range as the Dunedáin rangers, as long as they are stronger in close range.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 5. Sep 2015, 12:14 »
Well the Numenoreans were known for their powerful steel bows, so I'm okay with Imladris archers not having the same range as the Dunedáin rangers, as long as they are stronger in close range.

I think that the Noldorin archers will focus mainly on defence (heavy armour) and endurance, like almost every unit of Rivendell; the main iconic characteristic of this faction will exactly be Quality  :)