25. Apr 2024, 00:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Sub-system] Gain veteran with or without banner carrier upgrade.  (Gelesen 1890 mal)

DiamondBorne

• Hobbit
Hello i'm new here and this is my first post. :)

I'm mainly play as Gondor against bot and occasionally some players. Right now as with the vanilla BFME, the banner upgrade is not quite worth the cost(in my opinion). I will only use it when i have more than resource to spare and that's usually in late game so, can i suggest some incentive or reward for the player who keep their greenhorn unit alive until they reach level 2?

My idea is that, There is a clear difference between completed military drill (buy the banner upgrade) and actually seen the battle upfront (leveling the unit up) so. When any normal units reach level 2 without using the banner upgrade, An upgrade called "Seasoned" will be automatically given to that unit. You may either add the words in the same box that shows the list of upgrade when you highlight the unit's portrait, OR replace the banner upgrade button in the Palantir bar with a passive, yellow-ringed ability with some description on it.

I don't know how much modding this game is capable off, but i think you can implement this system by using a similar method to Sauron's influenced the barrack to spawn banner carrier. Instead of given them a flag, give them ability that replace the buy banner button when they reached level 2 WITHOUT buying it.

Here's the effect and the description of the "Seasoned" upgrade.

This battalion had fought numerous battles to gain their veterancy.
+20% more HP than non-seasoned units.
 (indicate their above average survival skills)
+10% more defence than non-seasoned units.
 (because it would be too imbalance and too hard to kill)
+10% more attack non-seasoned units.
 (Seasoned doesn't mean you hit hardest, it means you're the last one standing)

After the Seasoned battalion reach level 5 (which given their earlier buff, should be very easy to do). The "Seasoned" ability will be replaced by "Famed" ability.

Here's the effect and the description of the "Famed" upgrade.
(All bonus from the Seasoned ability still applied)

This Battalion had fought distinguishably in countless battle, becoming a local legend and inspires nearby battalions.

Mini-leadership aura. +10% attack +10% defense
(This aura will NOT stack with each other but WILL stack with other aura. To prevent OP if the player could amass these mini-mini heroic units)
Fear resistance aura.
(because you have some badass platoon backing you up :D)

Synergy and analysis with factions.

-Gondor.
 Gondor needs buff really bad. Their normal units are too costly to spam and too weak to counter spam. The fountain are too expensive and a waste of the main base slot so we expected them to died, alot. Until we could afford the forged blade and armor, Gondor infantry have to solely rely on statue and hero buff to keep them alive so this veteran system will help them greatly.

-Mordor.
 Many says that Edain Mordor is overpowered. This is half true, in 1VS1 They are seriously OP in term of offensive power but also seriously lacking in defensive power. If Gondor player decided to bring out even a single horsemen unit, anything that are not spearmen are toasted. So having HP boost would help them even if not much.

-Isengard.
 To be fair, this idea was created to deal with Isengard. One of, or the most imbalanced faction. Not only you gave them the means to amass resources quickly (devastation and farm buff) you also gave them the means to make their troops reach level 5 instantly. The high price isn't a problem at all due to the aforementioned economic option. So this sub-system will not help them at all due to Isengard being easier to spend money to get the best out of it in a short period of time. Instead, this will buff other faction, making have easier time dealing with Isengard(and more balanced matchup).

-Rohan. Same as Gondor.