29. Mär 2024, 11:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Compromis for dwarves from Iron Hills  (Gelesen 6193 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
Compromis for dwarves from Iron Hills
« am: 30. Mai 2015, 12:00 »
Dain had in the book a five hundred elite dwarves veterans from the War of the Dwarves and Orcs. As it is written in the book:

I love your elite unit for Iron Hills from book. But all dwarves from Iron Hills looks like a elite veterans from book? Dwarven in the movie looks more like regular army. I think it would be nice if Iron Hills have a bigger difference between the regular army and the elite.

I think that would be a nice compromise like this:
1) Three basic units with design from movie

2) elite unit with design from book

So, everyone will be satisfied. What do you think about this idea?  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Mai 2015, 12:28 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Compromis for dwarves from Iron Hills
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Mai 2015, 18:54 »
I absolutely agree with you!!The Iron Hills Slayer from Edain is a perfect interpratation of te Books Elite Veterans that Dain brought and they must stay at any cost,but I doo agree that teh Movie Army looks more like the Regular Army of Iron Hills an it will be nice and suitable for them to take the place of teh Regular Army in the Mod while the Slayers will keep the role as an Elite Veteran Unit with some minor Armor Changes may be!! :) I really hope that the Team will consider this!And add those Ram Cavalry and Ballistas and Chariots :D :D
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mai 2015, 19:05 »
Glad to see you again around here Dain! :P
Finally you've received Edain news regarding your favourite character. :D

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Mai 2015, 19:43 »
I also really hope they find a way to implement tge Iron Hills army from the last Hobbit movie  :)
And also, I don't know what they have in mind for King Dain (for the Erebor faction), but I hope he at least gets the Raven Crown, if they make him look more like in the movies, too  xD

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 31. Mai 2015, 19:48 »
Glad to see you again around here Dain! :P
Finally you've received Edain news regarding your favourite character. :D
HAhaha thank you!!I ahve been away cuz I got a lot of work and so less time but now I wll be around again for some time :D :D I am glad you support the Idea for Iron Hills Army!!

I also really hope they find a way to implement tge Iron Hills army from the last Hobbit movie  :)
And also, I don't know what they have in mind for King Dain (for the Erebor faction), but I hope he at least gets the Raven Crown, if they make him look more like in the movies, too  xD
Like I ahve said multiple times I think like you too and have made a suggestion for Him to wear te Raven Armor,Crown and Shield with his Red Axe after all the Raven Armor is like trade mark for teh King Under the Mountain!! :D
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Mai 2015, 20:02 von TiberiusOgden »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #5 am: 31. Mai 2015, 20:01 »

But wouldn't the basic units then be heavier armed than the elite units?  :o
I'm not sure if that would really work as well visually.

On the general topic:
At the moment there are no further plans to import the look of the basic iron hill dwarves into Edain (either because most of the team isn't convinced by the design, and because there is no modeler available to do it). We might experiment with it in the far future, but right now we have other priorities.

@our Moderators:
Feel free to quote/link to this answer, if the suggestion comes up again in another topic. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Mai 2015, 20:12 »

On the general topic:
At the moment there are no further plans to import the look of the basic iron hill dwarves into Edain (either because most of the team isn't convinced by the design, and because there is no modeler available to do it). We might experiment with it in the far future, but right now we have other priorities.

@our Moderators:
Feel free to quote/link to this answer, if the suggestion comes up again in another topic. ;)
I understand!!About the Heavy Armor,well the Reagular Army canalso start with less armor like clthes with Chain MAle or something and get the Armor with  the Upgrade like the Elite Unit!? :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Mai 2015, 22:19 »

On the general topic:

I think that would be enough to add movie shields, swords/spears, helmets and maybe some more parts of armor for old Iron Hills basic units.

I know that Ered Luin is the major priority in dwarves faction and they gets more a new models for heroes. But Iron Hills does not have much movie atmosphere. Dain as only one unique thing from movie not save this faction. Everything else from movie in Iron Hills(Bilbo, Veterans of Khazad-Dûm, Lake-Town) you can get in Ered Luin. 8-|

Maybe Nazgul from SEE mod can help with dwarves models. Similarly as with model for Yazneg:  8-)
http://forums.revora.net/topic/101604-see-iron-hills-helmet
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Mai 2015, 22:56 von Tienety »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Mai 2015, 23:06 »
^^Just like Tienety said, the Iron Hills subfaction does not have any movie models and movie feeling, both in Edain 3.8.1 and 4.0 (except for the awesome Dain model, of course  xD); that is the reason I preferred Ered Luin and Erebor over the Iron Hills in 3.8.1, and maybe in 4.0. I like very much the Iron Hills army of pikemen from BOTFA, but if it is not necessary/too much work, just add movie-shields or spears, or helms, like suggested, to give them more movie-like feeling  ;)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Mai 2015, 23:12 »
Edain team reaction:

xD

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 1. Jun 2015, 14:11 »
Edain team reaction:

xD
:D :D :D You are actually right,they are probably sick from being bother about Erebor and Iron Hilsl Movie designs all over and over again!! :D