23. Apr 2024, 21:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: More different Citadels for Mordor  (Gelesen 3398 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
More different Citadels for Mordor
« am: 1. Jun 2015, 21:52 »
For now Mordor already gets a lot of awsome units, especially Morgul and Dol Guldur units, however, the current recruitment system makes them not very approachable. I understand they are more powerful than regular units but they deserve more appearance in the game. I recall in 3.8.1 we could build Morgul and Dol Guldur building to enable regular orcs pits to produce enhanced orcs from these two fortress, I kind of miss these features.

Morgul and Dol Guldur  orcs should be both massive units instead of elite units, but for now they can only appear in the late game, and cannot be produced massively. Witchking and Khamul require 7500 and 6600 units to get their final forms(consider both the price of fortress and their upgrades), which are too expensive in my opinions.

I am thinking maybe it is possible to make different Citadels for Mordor(Barad Dur  type, Minas Morgul type and Dol Guldur type), players could choose one from these three settlements to start with, in the later two  types of Citadel  players could produce stronger orcs and recruit Witchking and Khamul from early game, but also have some restriction(which I have no good idea yet, maybe no free orcs or cann't build siege work)

Anyone has similar feelings? I am looking forward to more ideas. Since I really find for now Mordor has more than enough diversity of units(enough for two factions) but not very satisfying recruitment system

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: More different Citadels for Mordor
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Jun 2015, 22:56 »
That the worst idea Mordor could ever have !
Another dwarves-like system would never work for Mordor because unlike the dwarves Mordor has a more centralised structure that focus on Mordor itself as the main powerhouse, and the other relms are a sort of peripheral auxiliaries.

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Jun 2015, 06:13 »
In my opinion I think that Morgul/Dol goldur units should be used more than Cirith Ungol units because even when playing with AI he seems to use Cirith Ungol units more than Morgul/Dol goldur units because he can easily build it as a settlement even though Cirith Ungol units are limited.

I suggest that there should be 2 new passive powers that require 3 power points that can unlock either Morgul or Dol goldur upgrade for Mordor barracks. This way people can choose which strategy at the start. The Dol goldur passive power will unlock the upgrade that will make your Mordor Barracks train Dol goldur units instead of Mordor's basic orcs as well as unlock Khamul which you can train from the Fortress. The Morgul passive power will be unlocking Morgul upgrade for Mordor barracks and unlock the Witch King.These powers will replace the summon Shelob power and the Rhun reinforcements power.

Orc swordsmen will now cost  resources instead of free. Mordor basic orc swordsmen will cost 100, Morgul and Dol goldur swordsmen will cost 300. The Haradrim reinforcements power will be replaced with a passive power that will make all orc swordsmen free.

The outposts buildings will now be Rhun and Harad fortresses that will be expensive. However I don't know how the Harad fortress will work because if it is one fortress you cannot recruit a Mumakil and Harad units from the same fortress but maybe this can be fixed if it is a different kind of fortress with an extra build plot for a Mumakil pen. Sauron's influence on the Tribute camps will now grant discounts on Rhun/Harad units and his influence on their outpost building will unlock upgrades for them. Mumakils will have discounts from the slaughter house.

Tell me what you think.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jun 2015, 06:24 von Morgul Orc »

jcaramhir

• Bilbos Festgast
  • I am the Eye of thee, to whom they bounty to thee.
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Jun 2015, 02:52 »
Mabuhay

For me aside to Angmar the Dol Guldur & Minas Morgul are both outpost of Sauron's Mordor Empire & the Barad Dur or so called Barabad Dur in the field of mt. of fire/doom in EAstern myth, that is the central core of it.
& the evilmen of Dark alliance are  the backup armies to Sauron's will.

thats why Im contented to the current game design of Mordor both buildings & armies. Is just that, I want some few upgrades to the Heroes Mollock, Witch-King & the main core of Mordor the Barad Dur, I want the Necromancer to have an access to enter in & out to main tower similar to Curumo/Saruman & became the Great Eye-fire ball mode like what I & other edain fun suggested & commented in other tread.
about the evilmen/easterlings, I think they deserve to have their own faction!

I hope sooner or later maybe! XD
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jun 2015, 03:08 von jcaramhir »

"Shre nazg golûgranu kilmi-nudu
Ombi kuzddûrbagu gundum-ishi!

"Three rings for the elven kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone"

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Jun 2015, 19:27 »
After viewing Dwarven faction in 4.1 I am really fascinated by the concept of laketown and Dale outpost, is it possible to make Dol Guldor and Morgul outpost also like that? I mean a basic basement first and then players could choose different building upgrades which could unlock different units. For now, it is just 3000 then you could recruit everything if you still have money left

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Jul 2015, 23:29 »
This isn't bad idea, but isn't good also. 
First of all I think that Minas Morgul and Dol-Guldur concepts are unique (like building's appearance), and maybe there should be consider about some hero and building costs, as read in some of comments above prices of Khamul and Witch-King with their upgrades and buildings cost are to great...
Idea is good in way of thinking about Dale and Lake Town. I am also fascinated by the concept of laketown and Dale outpost, and maybe this concept can be implemented for Dol-Guldur expansion. Building is ruin anyway, (Don't think that model is bad, said earlier it is unique!) and system of building upgrades maybe can improve look in some way. (Few more ruined buildings in circle of main building...) But Minas Morgul expansion model is UNIQUE. I mean really unique, and it shouldn't be changed in anyway.
Also against that Citadels system, like with Dwarves. Share opinion with hoho96 about Mordor's destribution of power.
Idea about Necromancer and Mordor's Tower is nice and should be taken into consideration. (As said before this system already exists with Saruman and Wizad's Tower) I invite more experienced members to speak out about this idea.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jul 2015, 23:08 von CragLord »

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Jul 2015, 00:49 »
In 3.8.1 you could ad them at your orc pit that was awesome now i was thinking why not put this ability back in the game. What i mean is when you build dol guldor or minis morgul there should be a banner button you can click on and click it on the modor barrark so the orc changes to morgul/ dolguldor orcs just like 3.8.1 that would be awesome

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 21. Jul 2015, 01:48 »
No, please no.  The better units should only be able to be recruited from the outposts.  Allowing normal barracks to recruit the better orcs would diminish the importance of defending the outposts.  It would also mean that Mordor could flood the map with good infantry.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Jul 2015, 09:40 »
Other than that, you wouldn't be able to use more than one type of Orcs at a time, so you can't for example have Morgul AND Guldur Orcs.
Since you no longer can spam the map with Orc Pits, Mordor will have to rely on external buildings to be the extra barracks.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #9 am: 25. Jul 2015, 17:16 »
Man, all these people who think Mordor needs to be made stronger.....
The current system is fine, and you can get these outposts WAY before late game, it depends on your build order. Getting an early Minas Morgul can be a devastating blow to your enemy, because the orcs from that are so strong. The current system is fine IMO, 3k is a fair price considering the amount of strong, free units the buildings can recruit.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Jul 2015, 11:36 »
I had an experiment yesterday vs a Brutal Rohan to see how fast I can get Morgul while still in a good shape;
my result is that if you have 1 Orc Barracks, 4 Tribute Camps, 2 Slave farms with lvl1 production upgrades on the farms, you can get Sauron and Gothmog and a couple of Towers in your base, and an Ungol barracks with 1 Halberdier unit, and manage to get Morgul (or Guldur) fortress in like 15 minutes or so. all the while being constantly harassed by the enemy.
OK you might need to squeeze your self a little towards the last 1000.