19. Apr 2024, 01:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Grond  (Gelesen 4970 mal)

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Grond
« am: 4. Jun 2015, 22:11 »
I think Grond should be removed as a power and given to Gothmog as an ability. Maybe the power should be replaced with something like summoning Nazguls on Fellbeasts or something like that because I think almost all the people who play as Mordor will select Gorthaur power instead because using few battering rams can do the job easily, not to mention the Trolls, Catapults, Troll Catapult and Mumakils you can use to destroy structures. Also Grond moves very slow.

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
Re: Grond
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Jun 2015, 08:35 »
Zitat
Maybe the power should be replaced with something like summoning Nazguls on Fellbeasts

so you wanna have 18 Nazgul in Total? Witchking + Khamul + 2 others + 5 Nazgul Battalion = 9 Nazgul...

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #2 am: 8. Jun 2015, 22:18 »
I thought a little about it but the power will not summon 9 more nazguls, maybe 5 on fell beast because in the battle battle of the pelennor fields there were more than 4 Nazguls on fell beast attacking Minas Tirith. But in the mod only 4 Nazguls can ride on fell beast the other 5 are one battalion on horse. Maybe the power can summon up to 9 Nazgul on fell beast depending on the Nazguls you didn't train. For example if you have 2 Nazguls in play and you used the summon Nazguls power, it will summon 7 Nazguls on fell beast since you only have 2 Nazguls in play this way you'll have a total of 9 until the the time ends. If you already have all nine in play than the power will not summon anything.

What do you think  xD?

DemonhuntR

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Jun 2015, 12:11 »
Maybe just forget about the nazguls haha, but I do agree with you that Grond is very underwhelming.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #4 am: 9. Jun 2015, 12:57 »
Maybe just forget about the nazguls haha, but I do agree with you that Grond is very underwhelming.
What do you suggest as a power replacement? Because some people suggested summoning trolls and I and other people found that kinda boring.
But since when playing Mordor you can only get 4 Nazguls on fell beast I suggested this power. Because even if you have the 4 Nazgul heroes and for example you didn't train the Nazgul battalion you will have a chance of summoning 5 Nazguls on fell beast. This power can be used specially when you are losing and your Nazgul heroes have died. Because if they all died you can summon 9 of them on fell beast!
Not to mention that there is a small chance that people will build both Dol Guldor and Minas Morgul Fortress to summon Khamul and the Witch-King. The power will also complete the objective "Train all nine Nazguls" which will increase the level of Sauron and the heroes that are bound to him.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Jun 2015, 16:52 »
The Nazgul summon will always be buggy - what happens when you're training a Nazgul and then summon them?
It can always happen that there are more than 9 Nazgul on the battlefield. Additionally the spell punishes people who are training their Nazgul. If you are recruiting Nazgul the spell becomes more and more useless.

It's an interesting idea, but it will probably be very frustating, because you want to play the Nazgul as normal heroes, but you also want to have a strong final spell...

So I don't think that summoning Nazgul would be a good idea.

LargeExodia

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Jun 2015, 20:06 »
A passive power giving the black riders the ability to mount fell beasts would probably solve the summoning issue but personally I don't think this is really a good final power

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Jun 2015, 20:09 »
And such a thing is not possible. You can't have a flying batallion.
Additionally so many flying creatures are really difficult to balance. Either each nazgul would die within a second or the batallion would cost more than 10.000.
This is also why we decided against 5 more normal Nazgul. There would be too many heroes and there would be no possibility to have a balanced game with all 9 of them on the battlefield. (and if every Nazgul would cost 2000-3000, it would cost more than 18.000 ressources... too much for a normal game)

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #8 am: 9. Jun 2015, 20:41 »
Yes it will be frustrating that it will be buggy when you are training and summoning at the same time. But same goes with the Grond if you use the power on a Siege Works that is training or isn't level 3 it will go to waste. That's why we need to think about a new power. I still think though that giving Grond to Gothmog as a high level power makes sense. Because Grond was used on the gate because the gate of Minas Tirith was strong. But most likely people will be using battering rams and trolls etc in the game. 

Chiska

• To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Jun 2015, 13:52 »
I agree that it would be better to replace Grond with something else. It would be cool to givr Grond as a summon power to gothmog (only temporarily though, otherwise too OP) and for a replacement spell yoy might consider this
http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30827.0.html
Its a pretty good idea

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #10 am: 10. Jun 2015, 14:32 »
Zitat
It would be cool to givr Grond as a summon power to gothmog (only temporarily though, otherwise too OP)
Yes that's what I was thinking.. Grond should be summoned temporarily.
Zitat
and for a replacement spell yoy might consider this
http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30827.0.html
Its a pretty good idea
It's cool but how would it work if it's a Castle/Camp map? It might be great for Castle maps but it would work differentially in Camp maps?

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Jun 2015, 16:54 »
Zitat
It would be cool to givr Grond as a summon power to gothmog (only temporarily though, otherwise too OP)

Wouldn't that give Gothmog a bit too much power though?  I mean, Gothmog is a relatively minor hero in the faction.  If he could just summon Grond in front of a fortress, Mordor could take down the fortifications of the enemy fortress in seconds with almost no way to defend against it.  Grond does enough damage, and has enough health, that Grond can wipe out the gate and perhaps even the main fortress building or a recruitment building in the enemy fortress before Grond could be destroyed.  The alternative, I suppose, would be to make Grond summonable for a ridiculously short amount of time, in which case, what's the point of the power anyway?

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #12 am: 10. Jun 2015, 18:04 »
But Gothmog is a assault support Hero and he is not a minor hero. He has leadership, enables catapults to fire corpses so it makes sense that he is given Grond as a summoning power. But it will be a level 10 power most likely. In the movies he's the one who called to bring the Grond the same way he ordered catapults to fire corpses. And yes it will be summoned for a period of time. The reason why some of us want to remove it as a power because people most likely won't choose it over Gorthaur because Mordor already has tons of powerful siege units and at the same time people want the Grond because it's bad ass  8-)

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Jun 2015, 18:36 »
A big reservation of mine is that Grond would be summonable. That is, he could be summoned right in front of the enemy's gate.  Not only does that make Grond super powerful, because it would remove Grond's major weakness- his slowness- but it would also give the defender no time to prepare his forces to destroy Grond.

I suppose if the team could find a  way to make Gothmog's ability work like the current spell power it would remove that problem, but it would create new ones.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #14 am: 10. Jun 2015, 19:42 »
Zitat
he could be summoned right in front of the enemy's gate.
Grond will not be summoned anywhere in the map but near Gothmog's range.
Zitat
Not only does that make Grond super powerful, because it would remove Grond's major weakness- his slowness- but it would also give the defender no time to prepare his forces to destroy Grond.
I could say the same thing about Isengard's mine power which can be used in the middle of the camp and causes destruction. Remember that Gothmog has to be level 10 to use the ability.