16. Apr 2024, 21:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Grond  (Gelesen 4959 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Grond
« Antwort #15 am: 10. Jun 2015, 19:44 »
The problem now is that the walls and gates of Gondor and Rohan are too weak, they  could easily be destroyed by regular siege weapon, that makes giant siege weapon like grond meaningless

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 10. Jun 2015, 19:56 »
Zitat
Grond will not be summoned anywhere in the map but near Gothmog's range.
No I understand what you mean, but if Gothmog is near the enemy fortress assaulting it, then Grond could be summoned right in front of the enemy's fortress.

Zitat
I could say the same thing about Isengard's mine power which can be used in the middle of the camp and causes destruction. Remember that Gothmog has to be level 10 to use the ability.

To be fair, I think there can be a difference in power between an ultimate-level spell book power, and a hero's level 10 power (Sauron excepted). Also, the mine power is a one-use attack, which can be used to destroy a single, or a pair of buildings.  It is extremely powerful, true, but Grond can move around and cause a great deal more damage.  I suppose the question would be how long can Grond be summoned for? It would have to be summoned long enough to have some effect.

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #17 am: 10. Jun 2015, 20:58 »
The problem now is that the walls and gates of Gondor and Rohan are too weak, they  could easily be destroyed by regular siege weapon, that makes giant siege weapon like grond meaningless
Yes. That is why I suggested it as a summon power for Gothmog instead of a level 10 power.
Zitat
the mine power is a one-use attack, which can be used to destroy a single, or a pair of buildings.
Yes but it can used even if you have no units near the enemy base you can just use the spy power and cause destruction in the middle of your enemy's camp/castle.
Zitat
Grond can move around and cause a great deal more damage.  I suppose the question would be how long can Grond be summoned for? It would have to be summoned long enough to have some effect.
Grond can also take damage from your enemy's units and Hero's. And we can solve that by lowering it's Health/Defence.

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 10. Jun 2015, 21:48 »

Zitat
Yes but it can used even if you have no units near the enemy base you can just use the spy power and cause destruction in the middle of your enemy's camp/castle.

Well that would be silly :D  The enemy could just rebuild their buildings, but I digress.

Zitat
Grond can also take damage from your enemy's units and Hero's. And we can solve that by lowering it's Health/Defence.

I suppose if Grond got a fairly hard nerf, then it could work as a level 10 power for Gothmog.  Again, it would have to have quite a hard nerf, which I think would diminish the badassery of Grond.  I won't say I'm convinced that Grond shouldn't be the second ultimate level spell for Mordor, but for the sake of argumentation I'll accept your points for now.  What I would ask is what do you think would be a proper replacement for "The Hammer of the Underworld?"   

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #19 am: 10. Jun 2015, 22:41 »
Zitat
What I would ask is what do you think would be a proper replacement for "The Hammer of the Underworld?"   
Yes that's the main thing in this Topic to think about a unique power that replaces Grond  :D

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #20 am: 10. Jun 2015, 23:11 »
I really don't think Grond should be replaced by a summon.  Summons are cool and all, but every other faction has a summon as a final power.  Mordor was unique in part because it had no ultimate-level summons.

Finding something that 'fits' Mordor is tough.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 11. Jun 2015, 01:18 »
Maybe strengthen Grond a little bit make it able to breathe fire...
Actually I always wish they could strengthen the whole city defense system of good faction, like makes city wall only vulnerable to heavy catapults and mines, make gates a lot stronger, that will make Grond more useful

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #22 am: 11. Jun 2015, 14:03 »
Maybe strengthen Grond a little bit make it able to breathe fire...
Actually I always wish they could strengthen the whole city defense system of good faction, like makes city wall only vulnerable to heavy catapults and mines, make gates a lot stronger, that will make Grond more useful
In my opinion catapults should only attack normal buildings and not the castle walls or gates. Walls should only be destroyed  with mines (maybe). Gates should only be destroyed by battering rams, mines, hammer trolls and Grond, This will make people use Siege towers, Mines and Siege ladders more.  And I agree with you that Gates should be stronger. But I think the team would have to remove the Suicide Berserker because he is unnecessary since Isengard already has mines and the Suicide Berserker power.

I also thought about if Grond is to be the final power of Mordor maybe we can add something to it like a special leadership and some abilities to it so people may want to choose it over Gorthaur power.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jun 2015, 14:08 von Morgul Orc »

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 11. Jun 2015, 14:14 »
I do not think it is necessary to have Grond (or a replacement) be a total substitute for Gorthaur.  I mean, "The Power of Ages Past" is the culmination of Mordor's growing strength. I doubt any power could be more tempting than it is. I want Grond to stay as the other ultimate-level spell, but i would almost never choose it over Gorthaur.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #24 am: 11. Jun 2015, 14:51 »
That's why I suggested that Grond  should have special powerful leadership and maybe some abilities, like a Hero and a Siege weapon at the same time.

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #25 am: 19. Jun 2015, 23:45 »
Since I think it's better and unique to make Grond a Hero-like siege weapon I thought of a few abilities that Grond can have.

1) It can be upgraded to have archers on top of it.
2) It can be upgraded to have orc guards on the sides.
3) Summon 3 Attack Trolls ability (I suggest Grond to have this ability instead of Molluk since many people have a negative opinion of Molluk)
4) Ability that causes fear
5) A powerful leadership ability that can have resistance to fear, all nearby enemy units lose leadership, nearby units gain 30% attack and lowers enemy unit's armor by 30%

Do you think that this is OP or decent for a final power? Rememer that you also require a level 3 Siege works and can be only used once for each siege works.
Gorthaur is great as a free hero. But you can also choose Grond for assault/support even if you don't use it often to destroy structores. So do you think it would be worth it now to choose Grond over Gorthaur with those abilities and mighty leadership?