19. Apr 2024, 16:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven statues in Edain 4.1  (Gelesen 5193 mal)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Dwarven statues in Edain 4.1
« am: 7. Jun 2015, 11:40 »
In Edain 3.8.1 there were Dwarven statues that resembled Gimli a bit (parts of these statues are seen in this picture: http://www11.pic-upload.de/21.03.15/9fpprqdulq44.jpg), but they were removed in 4.0, possibly because the Dwarven faction is not ready yet. Another type of Dwarven statues, that is in Edain 4.0 already, is the one seen in this image: http://www11.pic-upload.de/22.05.15/akg16w5z6jnt.jpg .
- Do you think the first Dwarven statues (resembling Gimli) will be included with the Dwarven faction?
- My suggestion for the second kind of statues is: change their look to resemble these statues from the Hobbit movies: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130318193218/lotr/images/b/b6/Erebor_gate.jpg, because the ones from AUJ lool like Thror, a great king of Dwarves, and the current ones look like a random dwarf.
Do you agree with my suggestions? Or have you got any other suggestions for these statues?

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Dwarven statues in Edain 4.1
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Jun 2015, 16:21 »
Well I like the Movie ones more!!I do not like te idea of the statues having "Gimli" look,it is enough that the entire Erebor Faction has the "Gimli"look and te others the original EA statues I never liked them,they looked kinda funny and weird in my eyes,so my Vote is for the Movie Dwarven Statues!! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Jun 2015, 16:39 »
I also like the movie ones more ;) And I agree, Erebor units look too much like Gimli. I really hope the Edain Team implements the statues of Thror in the mod, maybe replacing the non-movie current Dwarven statues, or in some other way :).

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Jun 2015, 16:47 »
Maybe they should make the EA Dwarven statue look like the statue of Thror I showed (this: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130318193218/lotr/images/b/b6/Erebor_gate.jpg) and edit the Gimli statue to look like this: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/peter-jacksons-the-hobbit/images/e/e1/Thror_golden_statue.png/revision/latest?cb=20140424204857 (but not golden, of course xD). What do you think?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Jun 2015, 16:57 »
Well I like the Movie ones more!!I do not like te idea of the statues having "Gimli" look,it is enough that the entire Erebor Faction has the "Gimli"look and te others the original EA statues I never liked them,they looked kinda funny and weird in my eyes,so my Vote is for the Movie Dwarven Statues!! :)

I agree, a monumental statue that represents a realm or a king/lord/leader has to be majestic, perfect and significant; like all the perfect and wonderful monumental statues of Greek Classicism and Neoclassicism :)

So, Erebor, the most powerful dwarven realm in Middle Earth at that time, deserves majestic statues of armoured Dwarves soldiers with a kingly and authoritative aura (military strength and authority at the same time) :)

One of the examples that comes to my mind is the representation and statue of Athena in Vienna, that symbolises war, authority, majesty, spirituality and divinity at the same time :)

« Letzte Änderung: 8. Jun 2015, 16:53 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Jun 2015, 17:32 »
True.May be some statues of Thror,Thrain or Durin himself and some like mighty Dwarven Soldiers like those infornt the Gate of Erebor and may be like the Giant Statue of Thror not only the Golden one but the one that leads to the secret pass I mean like graphic and looks!!!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Jun 2015, 18:20 »
^^That's what I meant actually  :P Yes, think Edain Team should implement the statues of Thror from AUJ, they look really spectacular, and they would replace the weird current Dwarven statues  ;)