19. Apr 2024, 22:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lagg problem , HELP!  (Gelesen 2991 mal)

JAVL12

• Hobbit
Lagg problem , HELP!
« am: 8. Jun 2015, 07:34 »
Hi , I was hopping somebody could help me , this is the first time I installed Edain mod and I love it but the only thing I have trouble with is the lagg , I notice that the lag appears when there are to much units or maps with a lot of buildings , when the game its completely zoom out the lags appear but if you zoom in the game runs smoothly , anyone know what could be ?

I read another post and its the same , when I play bfme2 and rotwk theres no lagg even if a create lots of units (with trainer) but in edain at the beggining og the match eveything its ok when I start creating lots of units it laggs , the other example is in castle maps (helms deep , minas tirith ,etc.) the most noticable map with the lagg its a gondor city , i dont remember the name but its like a port and its full of buildings , as long a I move to an empty place the lagg disappears

I tried everything turning my resolution to minimal but the laggs continues  :(
 The mod its a complete masterpiece and I love it but I want to enjoy it at its full potential  xD

thanks a lot and sorry for my english

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Lagg problem , HELP!
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Jun 2015, 13:08 »
Have you updated to 4.02?
Edain always runs slower than the vanilla games, as there is much more stuff and especially more details - but in the last two patches since 4.0 we've deleted some stuff (like sweetfx or the "underground"-parts of isengard) which caused a lot of lags.

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Jun 2015, 04:22 »
I've been having lag problems as well. I can understand if it's due to hundreds of units onscreen at a time, that's not the issue I'm having.

What I'm seeing is, completely at random, when my unit count is low and there aren't that many units onscreen, suddenly I'm struck with severe lag that won't let up, even after moving to a less populated part of the map. I've even saved my game, exited Edain, then restarted, with no success.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

DemonhuntR

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Jun 2015, 23:23 »
I have to unfortunatly also report this. I've had little issues with this in the past with only 1 in 20-30 games freezing up. But now it's more like 1 in 3-4 games.

Arathorn

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Jul 2015, 02:55 »
You must make sure that you don't play against dwarven AI, since there is a bug with it in this version which causes very much lag.

AstralParadigm

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Aug 2015, 19:08 »
Hi I'm having this problem too >_<

Even when I don't have the Dwarves in my skirmish game vs AI it would still lag slightly and soon after that the lag will just get worse and worse.
For example the game would lag around 15 minutes or so into the skirmish game and at first would freeze for about half a second every second; and then within about 5 minutes the freeze would gradually escalate in time (freezes for about 2 seconds every second, 3 seconds every second, etc.) and would eventually render the game unplayable =\.

I've tried to do a work around by saving and loading up the game again, putting the graphic settings to the lowest and so forth; but I am having no luck in making this problem disappear.

This never happened when I was playing 4.0 or the version before that :(.