20. Apr 2024, 07:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain mod latest version has no campaign?  (Gelesen 10495 mal)

jimm3ron

• Hobbit
Edain mod latest version has no campaign?
« am: 11. Jun 2015, 01:30 »
I was stuck on the mission 3 on the 3.8.1 version of the edain mod, so i decided to update to the latest one. first thing i noticed was the campaign was gone! secondly, why cant we have an option on whether it plays like bfme1 rather than be forced to use that layout? i prefer to have the freedom to build wherever i want!

i was playing the 3.8.1 version for a long time, and the 4.0 feels like a step backwards

less factions to chose from, bfme1 play style and no campaign.

is there an option for the campaign? can i change the way it plays back to bfme2? can i go back to 3.8.1 and somehow fix the campaign mission 3 problem? are you guys planning to add all those features in the future?

sorry for rambling but i am a huge fan of the mod!

thank you!

Estel

• Gardist von Meduseld
Re: Edain mod latest version has no campaign?
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Jun 2015, 09:08 »
[...]
less factions to chose from, bfme1 play style and no campaign.

Edain 4.xy is currently "only" a BETA, the other factions will come in future. But it takes time to Balance such a great amount of factions with the most different heroes, units and abilities. Patience  :P
is there an option for the campaign?
As far as I know not in 4.xy in current state.

can i change the way it plays back to bfme2?
Install 3.8.1 ;)  - but the Edain Team only supports the latest version. An alternative plan would be to change 4.xy on your own , but this requires advanced skills in modding and much time.   ;)

can i go back to 3.8.1 and somehow fix the campaign mission 3 problem?
see above
- only "official" support for the latest version. The other problem is that the creator of the campaign is inactive. Maybe the campaign will be fixed for a future version of Edain.
are you guys planning to add all those features in the future?

sorry for rambling but i am a huge fan of the mod!

thank you!
There is no information about future developements aside from official announcements.

Annotation:
I am not member from Edain Team, so this is not an official information ;)

jimm3ron

• Hobbit
Re: Edain mod latest version has no campaign?
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jun 2015, 02:28 »
thank you for your reply the information you have provided was useful. my main concern still remains though and it is the mission 3 campaign glitch :( and its unfortunate but i guess ill have to just stick to skirmish :/