28. Apr 2024, 16:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Heroes - how powerful should they be?  (Gelesen 25762 mal)

Whale Sharku

• Dúnadan des Nordens
  • Sie sind wie Plankton für die Sense!
Re: Heroes - how powerful should they be?
« Antwort #105 am: 16. Okt 2015, 12:36 »
You could state that a hero design has two "directions", directed outside into the context of their faction and how they enrich it, they can fill the same role; and directed inside "how they play out" they might be completely different. There is no need whatsoever for different tanks that should fill the same role to have the same amount of health and so on.
However, this view is somewhat dangerous as it suggests aiming towards exactly the same roles on the outside would be a good thing.^^

gezeichnet
Whale

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #106 am: 16. Okt 2015, 17:02 »
The problem with making each individual hero have different health values based on their lore in Middle Earth is balance. The Edain team is only 4 people guys, and the community is relatively small. We don't have thousands of people and an automatic feedback/data gathering service, all we have are what people say on this forum. If we made Boromir's health higher then all the other tanks, then all his other stats would have to change as well, armor, damage, and cost. Each of these would have to be balanced. Now look at all the different heroes the Edain mod adds over vanilla. Just think of the amount of work it would take to balance out all of these heroes individually. Its just too much, at least for now. Once all the factions are out maybe then the team could look at them individually, but for right now the tradeoff is more heroes with standardized stats.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #107 am: 16. Okt 2015, 18:03 »
DieWalküre,
  About Naryan ring: This game is about the war of the ring, and at the time the ring was already a long time ago at Gandalf.
I have nothing against the ability of Cirdan, but here we are talking about the new capabilities of Gandalf, that he need.(This is just my opinion and I understand that a team  pleased the current implementation).
But I think that more abilities at Saruman and Gandalf increase their usefulness.In addition, it will add even more fun to play with them.Add Narya ring was just a small idea.
But I want to say again: Gandalf has is only active magical abilities, but as we know  from the book, his main strength was the ability to ignite the hearts of those who are struggling with Sauron.

It is logically true that heroes with extended powers sets would definitely be more enjoyable to play with.
But, if it really were like this, would it be 'fair', suitable and perfectly integrated into the Edain Mod 4.0's structures and mechanics?

I honestly think that it wouldn't, otherwise we would more likely be playing a Submod, instead of the basic Mod.
It would be very balance-disruptive and redundant, in a game that is recognisable and appreciated for its own 'simple' yet solid soul, if with 'solid' we mean an easy gameplay in a very rich, multifaceted and lore accurate environment (personally, what I like the most of the Edain Mod).
That's why the abilities (effective, evocative, but always limited) of every single hero are rightly conveyed and targeted to a suitable role (which is not, though, absolutely binding).
Not to mention that, if we talk about 'important' heroes, not only Gandalf could claim to have additional powers sets, but also half of the heroes of the other factions.

Narya, in the current version of the game, is held by Círdan only.
One of the very few lore inaccuracies of the game, but really defining of the fact that the Three Rings will be kept by Elven Lords only, as it was originally.
Also, supporting powers for Gandalf would primarily contrast with his precise role and be unnecessary in arguably the most iconic powers set ever in the heroes' History of the BFME serie.

In the end, to summarise a bit, I think that a reasoning of the kind of yours is certainly legitimate, but not really 'Edain Mod-ish'  :)

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #108 am: 16. Okt 2015, 21:08 »
  DieWalküre.
 I'm just like you, against to adding a lot of abilities for all heroes. I just suggest to make an exception for Istari, thus emphasizing their power.
 They are not strong enough for their cost. Therefore, there are two ways to make them stronger. Make more stronger  their current abilities or add new abilities.
 I like the second option. Because so these heroes will become more useful  and  can often engage in battle. Also play with Istari would be interesting.

Legolas Greenleaf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #109 am: 16. Okt 2015, 23:24 »
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Okt 2015, 23:30 von FG15 »
Es sind die kleinen Dinge.
Alltägliche Taten von gewöhnlichen Leuten, die die Dunkelheit auf Abstand halten. Einfache Taten aus Güte und Liebe

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #110 am: 16. Okt 2015, 23:28 »
Legolas Greenleaf, wie dir bereits mitgeteilt wurde, ist dies der Englische Bereich, bitte poste deutsche Beiträge nur im deutschen Bereich. Alle weiteren Beiträge im falschen Bereich werden kommentarlos gelöscht.

This is the English board, German posts belong in the German board.