28. Mär 2024, 12:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Music and Bands We Love  (Gelesen 4687 mal)

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
The Music and Bands We Love
« am: 15. Jun 2015, 04:02 »
So, what music do you all love?

For me, while all styles are accessible, I find that I often lean towards blues, symphonic/classical, opera, ambient, hard rock and heavy metal (specifically Black Sabbath-inspired doom metal and folk/viking metal). Specific bands to be posted in time.

How about you all?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: The Music and Bands We Love
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Jun 2015, 12:00 »
Oh well, what can I say:
Classics! I love listening to old classics when I study. sometimes western classics, other times eastern ones, and usually both^^
Now with "new" classics the likes of Yanni and ThePianoGuys, and a bunch of such amazing YouTubers.
I like most David Guetta stuff, Maroon5, and tons of random pop songs that I don't really care who sings them  xD
I like some Blue and Country. I don't really follow any specific band.
I HATE hard rock and heavy metal. Although, I love good DJ's like Elon Matana and Earworm. and MIXs! I freak'n love mixs  [ugly]

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Jun 2015, 12:38 »
It's rather difficult for me to have a special taste in todays music, as there are so many different genres... :D

But mostly I'm hearing medieval/folk-bands or metal.

Ons of my all-time-favorites is Fiddler's Green. It's a german Band which produces "Irish speed folk". Some of their most famous songs are The night pat Murphy died], Rocky road to Dublin or Victor and his demons (which is more punk). But they have also a lot of slower and more melancholic songs, like All these feelings.

Another all-time favourites is Blind Guardian (the Bard's Song is just a really good song and they also have a full middleearth album with songs about the silmarillion (f.e. Mirror Mirror! :D

A third group I like to listen to is In Extremo. (perhaps some of you have played Gothic 1? They have an appearance there with Herr Mannelig)

On the other hand I'm listening to some older rock-singers like Billy Joel (Piano Man is one of the songs I learned to play on the piano^^), Don McLean (Amerian Pie is always awesome) or Cat Stevens (Father and Son is just a great song[/url].

Additionally I hear sometimes classic, especially Wagner (as I'm from Bayreuth, I have a special connection to him. :P - already heard the Flying Dutchman live).

Beside of those bands I'm listening to Manowar, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Edguy and especially a lot of different german bands, which are probably completely unknown to all non germans. :D
Germany has especially many really good medieval-bands like "Die Streuner", "Versengold" or "Schandmaul".

So... difficult to say what I like most, bust I can at least say what I don't like:
Hiphop, Rap or Techno. :P Some of their songs are good, but I don't like most of them. Especially when I'm listening to Hiphop I'm getting really agressive. :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Jul 2015, 23:12 »

Additionally I hear sometimes classic, especially Wagner (as I'm from Bayreuth, I have a special connection to him. :P - already heard the Flying Dutchman live).

You are so lucky then, living in a such significant town for Music and Art  :)
As you may guess from my username, I too like very much Wagner; specifically 'Die Walküre' and, most importantly, 'Tannhäuser', for it is simply wonderful  :)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Aug 2015, 13:52 »
For last few months I'm in love with Lindsey. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tpIMDy9BE

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Aug 2015, 02:04 »
Awesome conversations about music  :). well i like Hard Rock, HEAVY METAL, opera, Viking metal,War metal,Doom metal,Celtic metal,rock,Celtic folk lore songs,those subgenres. about the bands and singers i like   
                                                                                                                                         Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Motörhead, Megadeth,
Ozzy Osbourne, Manowar, Dio,  Scorpions, Rainbow, Blind Guardian, Danzig,
Twisted Sister, Iced Earth, powerwolf, LORDI, elf, the doors,
Colm Wilkinson (awesome opera songs), triumph, joe walsh , journey, styx,
spinal tap, kansas, Alice cooper, AC/DC, Def Leppard, kiss, pink floyd, supermax.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Nov 2015, 23:12 »
my reason for not liking Rap/hip hop is because there s no melody.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #7 am: 23. Nov 2015, 05:32 »
I enjoy  Industrial metal//metalcore/Melodic Deathmetal/Hardrock/post-hardcore/viking-metal/powermetal/. I generally like bands because they have good guitar players  :D                                Bands such as:                                                                                                                               Children of bodom, Amon amarth,Escape the fate,Dragonforce,,Trivium, motionless in white :P ;etc :P
Sup :P