16. Apr 2024, 10:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Regions for the Living World  (Gelesen 1984 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
New Regions for the Living World
« am: 19. Jun 2015, 13:40 »
Greetings, companions of Edain!

I'd wish to add more regions to the WoTR map, so I've looked into the livingworldregions.ini file, but I only found the maps apparently used for BFME1's Good and Evil Campaigns. So my question is: how can I add more regions to the Living Map? (I know it's possible, since it was a mechanic present in the RJ Mod)^^

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just found them XD
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jun 2015, 13:49 von DrHouse93 »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: New Regions for the Living World
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Jun 2015, 14:00 »
There once was an overview for the files that need to be edited, but I cant find it anymore...
But let me say this: adding more regions to the WoTR map is one of the hardest things to do in BFME. The map is based on multiple 3d modells, which draw the borders, countries, etc... These modells need to be coded in with their specific coordinates, very tough work! Code is more or less self explanatory, like most of the game code, and can be found in the data\ini\livingworld

To get a clue about the modells, check this out: http://www.the3rdage.net/item-384?addview
These are already edited files which add some new regions, they just need to be coded into the game. Best thing to do this is looking at the original modells and ini files to check how it is done.