19. Apr 2024, 23:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Easterlings as a normal faction  (Gelesen 4093 mal)

jcaramhir

• Bilbos Festgast
  • I am the Eye of thee, to whom they bounty to thee.
Easterlings as a normal faction
« am: 22. Jun 2015, 05:08 »
Mabuhay Edain Team

I suggest is it possible to make Angmar as a map faction like Arnor since they were on a same age!

and to avoid using two Witch-King in a same normal faction, like Gandalf of Arnor, I guess the team separated the map faction to normal faction because of that! or maybe not! XD

for ex: I love to play AI mode and I normaly do to choose each individual factions in every normal map I choose to enjoy the game.

And kindly pls make a poll for adding the Easterlings as a normal faction!

The history of their vast empire the EAsterlings by Melkor/EA/IshVala/Indra/Dragon Emperor.
"Dragon corsair" the main vast empire of the east pagoda coast who are well known for their ancient astronomy, advance ancient technology, great voyage and fire bomb users.

"Harad Hindu Kush" empire who had great Mumakils defenders & guardians of the great forest bell temples of the south east the most largest temple in the whole world that once a great temple of ManWE/Brahma.

"Rhun of the crescent moon" tent dweller empire guardians & riders that is powerful oxhorn bowmans of the vast field from the north east.

they exist & guided long before with the two blue Istari... & in the 3rd age and they were also part of the middle earth even though they were not well expose from the book. they were free p'ple once when Melkor is being overtrown, but tainted w/dark alliance by Sauron/Mairon/Vishnu.

I hope Easterlings can be part of the normal faction. if possible! like on RJmod but the difference is that the Dragon corsair is the main base, Harad & Rhun is the Outpost.

but the problem is that if the team accept the Dragon emperor or so called Jade emperor/Indra of teracotta army and the demi characters of the ancient world  as their Heroes. sad to say they were ancient/old age & not part of the book because the story is focus on western part and BFME against eastern empire & the dark alliance.

Ancient characters also has different counter part names in  them in EAstern myth. (I guess offtopic) XD

sorry for my english.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jun 2015, 19:49 von jcaramhir »

"Shre nazg golûgranu kilmi-nudu
Ombi kuzddûrbagu gundum-ishi!

"Three rings for the elven kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone"

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
I'm all in for the Men of Darkness getting their own normal faction. But no, don't make Angmar a map faction! That'd be terrible, instead just bring Arnor as a normal faction. The very concept of "map faction" is bad IMHO, why shouldn't I play the faction I want in whatever map I choose? The cronology argument is flawed, because it's just a game, accuracy is great as far it doesn't hinder options. This argument also turns out to be just nitpicking, those concerned that Arnor just isn't set in the same time as Rohan, for example, could just simply not put the two together in battle.

The only good argument in favor of Arnor not being a normal faction is that it is too similar to Gondor, almost looks like a subfaction. But even that argument doesn't apply to Angmar, which is completely different from any other faction.

Arnor as normal faction & Easterlings as normal faction & leave Angmar as it is

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
I'm all in for the Men of Darkness getting their own normal faction. But no, don't make Angmar a map faction! That'd be terrible, instead just bring Arnor as a normal faction. The very concept of "map faction" is bad IMHO, why shouldn't I play the faction I want in whatever map I choose? The cronology argument is flawed, because it's just a game, accuracy is great as far it doesn't hinder options. This argument also turns out to be just nitpicking, those concerned that Arnor just isn't set in the same time as Rohan, for example, could just simply not put the two together in battle.

The only good argument in favor of Arnor not being a normal faction is that it is too similar to Gondor, almost looks like a subfaction. But even that argument doesn't apply to Angmar, which is completely different from any other faction.

Arnor as normal faction & Easterlings as normal faction & leave Angmar as it is
You have a point when speaking about the "map faction" because you can play as Isengard vs Isengard.

I would like the team to make an Evil men faction maybe 2 factions Rhun and Harad. Currently Edain has 9 factions and they said that they can have 2 more factions which they didn't decide on yet. So even if they decided to make Rhun and Harad factions it will take a long time to make so people will have to be patient.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
1. Arnor will NEVER, and i mean NEVER,  be a separate faction because of reasons that has be explained again and again. The most prominent of which is the huge similarities with Gondor.
But seriously guys, now you have quite some arnor maps, with more to come, so I can't see much problem in choosing a faction by choosing a map. Ok you may not be able to play gondor vs arnor, but so what!

Take note that if arnor is to be separated,  then there will be only 1 place for a new faction. Edain wants to add 2 more factions  (which i believe they've decided what will they be at least internally), but that's too in the future to be considered atm.

2. No Angmar map feature for sure. I grantee it 100% and ready to go to war with anyone who says otherwise  [ugly]

3. Don't let me start with Evil Men -_- this Empire thing is totally fan fiction and has no true lore base. Even if they were to get a faction, it will most certainly not be like that.
This fiction is too obviously based on certain real peoples (Chinese, mongol,..) that it's kind of, well, crap  8-|

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
1.I'm ok with Arnor remaining map faction even though I don't like it for the understandable argument that it is indeed too similar to Gondor. I'm playing it right now and I maybe wrong, but  I think as of now there's only 4 or 5 Arnor maps... But if you say there's more to come, so great.

2.I am relieved that hoho96 garantee Angmar will remain no map bound :)

3. I think Men of Darkness would be a great faction, but yes the Empire thing is totally noncanon, and being based on real world cultures in that way is certainly crap, given that Middle-Earth is supposed to be a distant mythical past of our own earth.

If I had to suggest new factions I'd say... hmmm... Men of Darkness or Rhun and Harad separated. Mirkwood. Lindon... Can't think of any others further than that. I know there's some mods out there that exaggerate and put a ton of new factions into the game, but I think that's bad. 11 or 12 if you count Arnor, is a good number.

P.S. I don't wanna keep hitting that button as I see hoho96 and maybe the Team seem annoyed by it (same with the release date question all the time lol). But it just occurred to me that, instead of keeping it a map faction or separating it, the Team could make Arnor a sub-faction of a "Men of the West" faction in the same way you had choose between Erebor, Ered Luin, and Iron Hills when playing with the dwarves on Edain 3.8.1. The similarities between Arnor and Gondor seem to me akin to the similarities between the three dwarven factions. But anyway, as I said I don't want to keep hitting on this, also because probably the Team has already thought of that.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
P.S. I don't wanna keep hitting that button as I see hoho96 and maybe the Team seem annoyed by it (same with the release date question all the time lol). But it just occurred to me that, instead of keeping it a map faction or separating it, the Team could make Arnor a sub-faction of a "Men of the West" faction in the same way you had choose between Erebor, Ered Luin, and Iron Hills when playing with the dwarves on Edain 3.8.1. The similarities between Arnor and Gondor seem to me akin to the similarities between the three dwarven factions. But anyway, as I said I don't want to keep hitting on this, also because probably the Team has already thought of that.

Oh trust me, no one is annoyed  ;)
You're right. this idea has already be discussed a lot. the problem with such a system is that you only get to choose ONE spellbook. in the case of the Dwarves it works because all the Dwarven realms can somewhat be OK with all the spells that they must share.
However, in case of Men of the West faction, how would you explain the Rohirrim Or Gandalf the White if you choose Arnor? or the Last Alliance with Gondor and Aragorn?
It simply can not work I'm afraid :|

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Oh ok, that's a bit sad, but I understand, there's nothing to do about it.
Arnor has an awesome spellbook btw.
Hope to see more  Arnor maps, then :)

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Zitat
Take note that if arnor is to be separated,  then there will be only 1 place for a new faction.
Oh, I didn't think about it this way  :o

Zitat
No Angmar map feature for sure. I grantee it 100% and ready to go to war with anyone who says otherwise
I'm glad to hear that. I would be mad as well if Angmar is to be a map faction  :D

jcaramhir

• Bilbos Festgast
Mabuhay again Edain Fans & the Team XD

first & for most many tnx to you guys for the comments & concerns about this tread especially to this Mod & this wonderful forum of Edain Team for giving us the opportunity to share our concerns & ideas about the game.

I raised now my white flag about Angmar map faction idea, nothing to defend on it.

about the EAsterlings I will set aside to share the myth of the Mahabarata & the off topic thing to it, just to focus now on the majority in the lore of the WEsterlings, BFME & LOTR. I must adopt & accept your ideas for the better future of all factions & the Mod.

Im now excited to the comming update, hope sooner or later XD

wish you more lucks & success for the betterness of the Mod.

To the Eye of thee, to whom thy bounty to thee, trough EA.
_Tar-Mairon ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jun 2015, 04:09 von jcaramhir »

jcaramhir

• Bilbos Festgast
Correction to the EAsterlings.

During the 3rd Age, EAst/Rhun in Elven tongue, was visited by three Wizards: Saruman, Alatar and Pallando, and though Saruman returned into the west, the two Blue Wizards remained or went to the south to the lands of Khand and beyond. Sauron himself journeyed into the eastward lands, hiding there from the White Council during the centuries known in the west as the Watchful Peace. He seems to have had a 2nd fortress somewhere in Rhûn where he dwelt during that time and earlier during the 2nd Age, as his "Original realms were in the East, not in Mordor". This eastern abode of the Dark Lord is briefly noted in The Silmarillion as a place which he surrounded with fire.

United"Variags"of Khand &"Wainriders"of Rhun They were portrayed as axe-wielders as well as using oxhorn-bows. They also noted as skilled horsemen as well as using chariots in combat as well. The Khandish had beard similar to a dwarf, the warriors also had banners attached to their backs in a similar fashion to Japanese samurai of the medieval period & mongols.

they were 1st time to be seen by the man of the WEst in War of the Ring.

"Corsairs"of coastal city of Umbar are sea pirates w/Knife & Bomb user.
w/blood of the Black Numenorians.

In the battle. Aragorn, with the help of the Grey Company, Legolas, Gimli, and the Army of the Dead, drove the Corsairs off and captured their ships and rowed them to Minas Tirith to relieve the siege of the city.

"Haradrims" from the vast Desert in the South & Jungle in the East.
w/Assasins also called Hasharin, Great Mumakils, Troll-men that has white eye red tongue & the Bold Army of the Southorn native lands.
Haradrim has no Horse cavalry, only the Rhun men has. even though the Haradrim is a direct relative of Gondorians the only cavalry they had is the Mumakil.

their Serpent lord named "Suladan" killed by Theoden in the book, while Eomer in the movie scene.

What do you guys think about them?

I got them from the book of "Return of the King"
then I research about them.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jun 2015, 15:14 von jcaramhir »