27. Apr 2024, 18:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Different hero units for Dwarven Kingdoms  (Gelesen 34487 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Different heroe units for Dwarven Kingdoms
« Antwort #15 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:15 »
I just said (that I think) they won´t implement dwarves riding on rams.

Answer from Modbb.com concerning riders:

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #16 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:50 »
I just said (that I think) they won´t implement dwarves riding on rams.

Answer from Modbb.com concerning riders:

So, maybe they will sometimes be implemented...

But the question is:
Dwarves are supposed to have very strong infantry plus very strong heroes (as in the lore dwarves are very strong and stubborn) to balance their lack of cavalry. Now if they get cavalry - wouldn´t they be imbalanced?
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jun 2015, 22:54 von korner »

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #17 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:58 »
I think Dwarves are more interesting as a faction without regular cavalry. They have their unique battle wagons and powerful infantry, those should be their core strength. If anything, ram riders would probably temporary or limited in some way.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #18 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:59 »
Because everybody need to decide what is the aim of BFME 2, and Edain mod ++.
BFME 1 was clearly made for Peter Jackson's trilogy.
BFME 2 idem but including more things from Tolkien (Tom Bombadil, dragons, giants..). Eventually, the Hobbit catched up. And Edain Mod updated many things to be consistent with it.

Of course, "purists" will brandish forks, right or wrongly, but from my point of view BFME 2 is a tribute to both Tolkien and Peter Jackson's work. Electronic Arts would not concept this game without the trilogy.

From my point of view, rams don't shock me, but I if it harms the "purists" I can understand that they won't be implement.
I won't claim speaking for the french community ^^, but from what I've seen from social networks one of the big expectation concerning the long version is a ram charge (I don't know why, but I think the ram they found were not there by chance)

Edit: euh wait, there is an image from the film with rams, didn't see that.
And I understand why Korner is afraid, it's what NetoD20 said too, it has to be temporary. Or costly. Or hard to have (settlements..)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jun 2015, 23:03 von Palpou »

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #19 am: 27. Jun 2015, 23:05 »
Edain has always strived to balance the books and the films, we're big fans of both :) And I think this is one of the things our players enjoy about the mod, there's both cool film designs as well as many references to the deeper lore of the books. So I wouldn't say ram riders are out of the question, after all we included Dain's boar as well xD However, we don't think they're absolutely necessary because Dwarves should not be about cavalry, so we'd have to find a good place for them.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #20 am: 28. Jun 2015, 08:40 »
To sum it up:
Think of a concept were there can be Ram Riders, but still can't be massed like a Hunic horde, and without breaking the uniqueness of each Dwarven faction.
an elite unit, a hero summon, a spellbook summon,....etc

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 28. Jun 2015, 08:43 »
I made a few changes in the concept.
You can choose between the movie infantry and cavalry for Iron Hills as heroe units.
So, Iron Hills gets more movie atmosphere but old units will stay.  8-)

What do you think about this?  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jun 2015, 08:49 von Tienety »

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #22 am: 28. Jun 2015, 18:59 »
I don't know... Iron Hills was the only of the dwarven infantries I never liked, I've always been in love with Ered Luin's infantry and also liked Erebor's pretty well (even though they all looked like Gimli). I still think movie Iron Hills is still better than the current one... But of course, I understand why the Team wants to keep them.

On the ram I agree that Ram Riders should be limited and that dwarves shouldn't be an exotic mongol horde faction. But it'd be awful if they were temporary on the battlefield like putting them on the spellbook :( I really want to play with them (I must be sounding like a child talking about toys right now lol). I still think they should be an additional costly elite unit (limited to three) for all the dwarven realms. I mean, if Mordor gets those unnecessary Morgul Knights, given that Mordor too is sort of a noncavalry faction, why can't the dwarves get theirs too? Of course they should be costly, limited, and difficult to get (using a settlement prerequisite, for example), but I believe that temporary is a bit too much.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #23 am: 29. Jun 2015, 00:16 »
I agree that ram rider may be a good hero unit for Iron Hill. Remember in the book Dain was never big fan for reclaiming  Kaz-dum, he warned his kins that there may be some other power already took it, so that Expedition to Moria concept is not very appropriate for Iron hill, maybe it will do for Erebor since the Durin V in the fourth age finally reclaims Kaz-dum.
So we could add a new wild building "ram pen" in place of pony camps, which could promote Iron hill infantry to ram rider,(5 hordes limit), ram riders cann't crush the enemy unless they activate some kind of "crash" ability gained upon lv 5, something like that

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #24 am: 2. Jul 2015, 08:05 »
Ram Rider will make and excellent Elite Unit and it will give iron Hills more unique style and will add diversity but it most surely must be limite to may be 4 Battalions at most,after all Iron Hills is not Rohan nor Gondor so 3-4 Battalions will do just fine! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 2. Jul 2015, 10:42 »
I have another idea how to integrate Ram riders: xD

New option for the outpost - Citadel(from spellbook):
You can gets units from all dwarven realms(similarly like in Dain's barracks from Meeting of the dwarven realms spell) and Ram riders(max three battalions) in this building.
Also, Dain(Iron Hills version) can summon only temporarily one battalion Ram riders on level 10. So, Iron Hills can have one more battalions of Ram riders than a other factions.
But King Dain will need a new unique ability on level 10, maybe he can gets old level 10 ability from Iron Hills version of Dain. 8-)

All three factions will have different heroe units on settlement:
1) Erebor: Veterans from Khazad-Dum
2) Iron Hills: Veterans from the Battle of Five Armies(Iron Hills infantry from the film)
3) Ered Luin: Dwarven adventurers

Mithril can be new ultimate passive spell. This spell unlocks mithril for heroes, now all heroes can buy mithril shirt as in 3.8.1.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jul 2015, 16:52 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #26 am: 2. Jul 2015, 12:22 »
It is a really grat idea that should make everyone happy and keep the balance Movie/Books! But about the Khazad-Dum Veterans I do not like that the chances of geting them is really small I send like 20 battalions to get5-6 Max and only consisting of 5 Soldiers lets make them at least 10!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 2. Jul 2015, 13:10 »
It is a really grat idea that should make everyone happy and keep the balance Movie/Books! But about the Khazad-Dum Veterans I do not like that the chances of geting them is really small I send like 20 battalions to get5-6 Max and only consisting of 5 Soldiers lets make them at least 10!? :)

Veterans are elite hero units, It's okay that you can't have hundreds of them.
but Personally I don't like current system for veterans with random options.
If you are lucky, you can get heroe unit in EG or you don't get nothing 4x. It is too monotonous and complicated to sends constantly pony with guardians into Moria. it's a pity that almost all my guardians go to Moria and no one fights in battle.  [uglybunti]

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #28 am: 2. Jul 2015, 23:45 »
I wouldnt say Hundreds but at least let those 4-5 Battalions be with 10 Soldiers! :) And yup the cahnces are too low and you lose so many good and faithfull Guardians! :(

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 3. Jul 2015, 18:01 »
I wouldnt say Hundreds but at least let those 4-5 Battalions be with 10 Soldiers! :) And yup the cahnces are too low and you lose so many good and faithfull Guardians! :(

I mean that they are heroe units like Rohan Royal Guard, Morgul riders, or Guard of the Citadel..etc. All these units have only 5 soldiers in battalion. 8-)