19. Apr 2024, 13:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Spell and Mithri Armor!?  (Gelesen 2657 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
New Spell and Mithri Armor!?
« am: 29. Jun 2015, 12:14 »
Why not make a  Spell "Reclaming Khazad-Dum" where you send 2-3 Battalions of Guardians to reclaim Khazad-Dum and got like 50//50 chance of success and if you do it you get in the Forge "Mithirl Ore Production" costing 2000(to show the value of it and the Mithril Male Upgrade which can cost like 600-700 per Unit and could't be reduced byt any effect so that way we will have again the Cool Mithril Armor!? :) Or at least something simillar to that!I think it won't be so bad :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
Re: New Spell and Mithri Armor!?
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Jun 2015, 14:35 »
Don´t you think that the Edain team changed this feature for a reason?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Jun 2015, 22:55 »
Did I said somwhere that they did it without a reson or something like that!? o_O I just gave and diea,a suggestion for a better way in my opinon to use it again and the Team is free to like it or dislike it!i posted it to see the Team and the Fans opinion,so do not ask retorical questions and just give your opinon on the matter! ;)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Jun 2015, 12:04 »
My opinion:

As I play dwarves most of the times, I´d like to be able to equip all of my troops with Mithril armors. But when I play against dwarves I don´t want all of them being equipped with Mithril armors  :D.

It´s simply not lore accurate to equip hundreds of troops with Mithril. That is the reason why the team changed this feature to make it a very hard to get Mithril and only for the heroes, not for standard troops.
I think that is a very appropriate way of implementing Mithril int he Mod and I like it!

The team cut down the use of Mithril because they wanted it to be a rare substance.
So there is absolutely no use in discussing about going the other way round.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Jun 2015, 12:21 »
It´s simply not lore accurate to equip hundreds of troops with Mithril. That is the reason why the team changed this feature to make it a very hard to get Mithril and only for the heroes, not for standard troops.

I agree, only heroes should have Mithril. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Jul 2015, 07:50 »
Well later on in the 4th Age if I am not mistaken the Dwarves had reclaimed their Greatest Kingdom of Khazad-Dum and the mining for Mithirl continuied and flourished once again so we can assume they used it not only for Royal Armors and Weapons but for their Armies too!And thats is exaclty what the final 10 points Spell I suggest(in the place of the Citadel one) do,it signifies their later expeditin and its success,and you will say but the mod is about the 3th Age,well ok but still War of the Ring is at the End of the 3th Age not long after it the 4th one came and that expedition will signafy that!? What you think!?

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Jul 2015, 08:13 »
well...

Zitat
the Dwarves had reclaimed their Greatest Kingdom of Khazad-Dum and the mining for Mithirl continuied and flourished once again

that doesn´t mean they´ll mine enough Mithril to equip thousands of soldiers with armour.

And even if: the game is about the end of the 3rd Age of Middle Earth (with the exception of Arnor and Angmar) and it should remain as it is.

Furthermore: Mithril is quite a cool, unique concept as it is now. Why should one make it just another boring standard-feature?!?

I still don´t like that suggestion.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 1. Jul 2015, 08:38 »
Ok, then!how about at least the Elite Units to have it!?It seems logical for the most Elite Unit to have the best Armor!?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #8 am: 1. Jul 2015, 19:21 »
I don't know if you have ever fought against dwarven heroes at level 10 with Mithril, but its a nightmare. Especially with the Ered Luin faction and Balin's ability to give those runes to other heroes. Now think about adding that incredible endurance to armies of elite troops, and you can see why this would be pretty OP. Also, late game money isn't really an issue, by then a good player is probably floating like 20k resources, so he could afford to have a whole army of elite troops equipped with Mithril Mail. Even now, a fully upgraded army of Uruk Hai with shieldbearers attached to them is almost unbeatable, giving dwarven units Mithril Mail would make fully upgraded Uruk Hai look like pathetic orcs in comparison. The Mithril Mail should stay hero exclusive, or if put on units it would have to be severely weakened to keep the game balanced, which would defeat the purpose of it being Mithril.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #9 am: 1. Jul 2015, 21:22 »
I don't know if you have ever fought against dwarven heroes at level 10 with Mithril, but its a nightmare. Especially with the Ered Luin faction and Balin's ability to give those runes to other heroes. Now think about adding that incredible endurance to armies of elite troops, and you can see why this would be pretty OP. Also, late game money isn't really an issue, by then a good player is probably floating like 20k resources, so he could afford to have a whole army of elite troops equipped with Mithril Mail. Even now, a fully upgraded army of Uruk Hai with shieldbearers attached to them is almost unbeatable, giving dwarven units Mithril Mail would make fully upgraded Uruk Hai look like pathetic orcs in comparison. The Mithril Mail should stay hero exclusive, or if put on units it would have to be severely weakened to keep the game balanced, which would defeat the purpose of it being Mithril.

+1

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Jul 2015, 01:11 »
Also, late game money isn't really an issue, by then a good player is probably floating like 20k resources, so he could afford to have a whole army of elite troops equipped with Mithril Mail.
20k? Dat float tho :o

Apart from that +1 to what KryPtik said. And still my biggest concern is that mithril is just so incredibly rare - who is confirmed to posess mithril in the War Of The Ring or near the end of the third age (yes, this is a serious question)? Frodo, who got his from Bilbo. Nenya is made out of mithril iirc. But I don't remember anything else to be made out of mithril. So where should an entire army of dwarves, who didn't retake Khazad-Dûm yet, get loads of that material?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Jul 2015, 08:18 »
Well the Dwarves of Erebor repaired the Gates of Minas Tirith with Mithril and Steel which made them much more stronger and even fixed the city over all!But I do agree that Mithril in big quantaties is too much expeially for the 3rd Age thats why I refered to the Spel being  somethin which transends like into 4th Age to show the reclaiming of Khazad-Dum but stilll that aside may be it really so too much for every Unit to have it! :) But how about Heroes geting not only Mithril Mail but also Mithril to their Weapons and only the most Royal of them like Thorin,Dain,Thorin III and so forth!? :)