25. Apr 2024, 07:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mordor trolls  (Gelesen 3141 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Mordor trolls
« am: 1. Jul 2015, 03:13 »
I think Mordor trolls are not very useful now.They are expensive, easy to get killed(vulnerable to arrows and pike, recover really slow even after reaching lv2). And in 4.1 their damage to buildings are reduced. In my game experience, I seldom use trolls in real game, Mordor orcs and siege weapons are already perfect combination, I will always choose to build slave camp first in combination with armory in basement to reduce the cost of army.
In my opinions, for now trolls are only useful when they get armored and reach lv2, which will require Sauron's influence twice(one on troll cages, one on slaughter house). Maybe we should give trolls an ability to eat orcs to recover, that will make them a little more durable on battlefield. Actually I think maybe we shouldn't have bare trolls any more and let trolls get armors when they are created.

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
Re: Mordor trolls
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Jul 2015, 07:20 »
Trolls aren´t siege weapons!

In the last Version, they had destroyed your half fortress in the early game, because they had such a high damage against buildings, but in real, they should be usefull against early elite and veteran troops. They are the elite Units by Mordor, when you don´t have Dol Guldur/Minas Morgul and so it was only good, that the Team react to my criticism, because they´re building damage was too high for EG.

And because all of this parts, my question to you is now:
When do you recruit your first troll?
If it is in the late Midgame, then it´s clear why they are "too weak", because they´re not very usefull against the real elite Units like the Towerguards or something like this, without one influence by Sauron.
So, to put this all in a nutshell, the trolls are very usefull Units and doesn´t need to get stronger.
Greetings, CynasFan

PS: Soryy for my English xD
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Jul 2015, 15:24 »
Trolls aren´t siege weapons!

In the last Version, they had destroyed your half fortress in the early game, because they had such a high damage against buildings, but in real, they should be usefull against early elite and veteran troops. They are the elite Units by Mordor, when you don´t have Dol Guldur/Minas Morgul and so it was only good, that the Team react to my criticism, because they´re building damage was too high for EG.

And because all of this parts, my question to you is now:
When do you recruit your first troll?
If it is in the late Midgame, then it´s clear why they are "too weak", because they´re not very usefull against the real elite Units like the Towerguards or something like this, without one influence by Sauron.
So, to put this all in a nutshell, the trolls are very usefull Units and doesn´t need to get stronger.
Greetings, CynasFan

PS: Soryy for my English xD

As I said, if I get to choose, I will always choose orcs over trolls in early stage game, which means I will always build slave farms instead of slaughter houses. Because in this way I could get cheap orcs units as well as elite black uruks from Cirith Ungol. In combination with siege weapon that is the perfect combination for Mordor, not mentioning I could level up Sauron efficiently that way, so there is no place for trolls in early game either. I have no problem edain team reduce trolls' damage against building, although even in last version I would never use trolls against buildings because they will quickly get killed by arrow tower before they even get any chance to destroy buildings that has equal costs as themselves.
I just want to ask, what on earth is the role trolls are supposed to fill in mordor faction? Forget about late game, even in early game they are too vulnerable in battlefield. And based on their price and that they have a economic building (slaughter house) to support them, they are supposed to be a main force of Mordor just like orcs during the entire game, but now they are totally not worth it.

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Jul 2015, 09:54 »
I think Mordor trolls are not very useful now.They are expensive, easy to get killed(vulnerable to arrows and pike, recover really slow even after reaching lv2). And in 4.1 their damage to buildings are reduced. In my game experience, I seldom use trolls in real game, Mordor orcs and siege weapons are already perfect combination, I will always choose to build slave camp first in combination with armory in basement to reduce the cost of army.
In my opinions, for now trolls are only useful when they get armored and reach lv2, which will require Sauron's influence twice(one on troll cages, one on slaughter house). Maybe we should give trolls an ability to eat orcs to recover, that will make them a little more durable on battlefield. Actually I think maybe we shouldn't have bare trolls any more and let trolls get armors when they are created.
There are many concerns about the Trolls. I have to agree with you on the matter that slave camps are used more than slaughter houses. I like the idea of making Mountain Trolls and Attack Trolls a separated unit because Mountain Trolls in general are weak. They are not for siege like the powerful Olog hai but more as a labor kind of Troll like pushing siege materials and opening the gates of the Black Gate like in the film.

I'll give you my perspective on this matter.

Mountain Trolls:

Since Mordor doesn't have Economy boosting powers or upgrades I think that the Mountain Troll can collect a whole tree (wood) as a resource for Mordor which give the player a little extra resources and if it is possible he could be combined with a catapult to put bigger boulder on the catapult like in the films instead of a Troll catapult. However Mountain Trolls have to be very vulnerable to arrows and pike and they also shouldn't do much damage to structures.

Attack Trolls/Olog hai:

These Trolls should come armed with a mace and should do good damage to enemies but do not deal much damage to structures. However with Sauron's influence on the Troll cage you will unlock the siege hammers upgrade for the  Attack Trolls which when purchased it will arm the Attack Troll with the siege hammer instead of the mace. The siege hammer for the Attack Troll works similar to the Dwarf siege hammer upgrade where now the Attack Trolls can deal good damage to enemy units and their structures at the same time. There will also be upgrade at level 3 Troll cage similar to Gondor's Horse shields upgrade which makes the attack Trolls less vulnerable to pike or arrows or even both.

I also thought of having Hero Troll units that you can only have 3 in play. These Trolls will replace Molluk and will come wielding a large sword. They are very powerful specially against Heroes.

I like the Olog hai variety in this picture specially the one on the middle (Molluk) and the one on the right. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131203111353/lotr/images/1/19/Trolls.jpg

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Jul 2015, 18:57 »
Trolls are a powerfull unit on early-mid game, they can destroy buildings easily, even with the nerf, and also they can get quickly elite infantry, the best way is hidden them from the enemie, wait a few minits and when the enemie armie lack of pikes, attack with them. Is very easily to use them against rohan, and dwarves, because dwarves are very low in numbers at the start  This make them vulnerable to monster attacks, even for a phalanx unit is very difficult to get down a troll, and rohan peasants die easily with 2 or 3 troll punches.
 Troll early game strategy could be interesting, also remember while a troll is near , the enemie player will push him, allowing your heros to try get enemie heros while the troll is distracting. With a good combination you can get enough territory to start building an outpost, then their use is your choice, but with the outpost orcs you must be allowed to win the match.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Jul 2015, 17:09 »
There are many concerns about the Trolls. I have to agree with you on the matter that slave camps are used more than slaughter houses. I like the idea of making Mountain Trolls and Attack Trolls a separated unit because Mountain Trolls in general are weak. They are not for siege like the powerful Olog hai but more as a labor kind of Troll like pushing siege materials and opening the gates of the Black Gate like in the film.

I'll give you my perspective on this matter.

Mountain Trolls:

Since Mordor doesn't have Economy boosting powers or upgrades I think that the Mountain Troll can collect a whole tree (wood) as a resource for Mordor which give the player a little extra resources and if it is possible he could be combined with a catapult to put bigger boulder on the catapult like in the films instead of a Troll catapult. However Mountain Trolls have to be very vulnerable to arrows and pike and they also shouldn't do much damage to structures.

Attack Trolls/Olog hai:

These Trolls should come armed with a mace and should do good damage to enemies but do not deal much damage to structures. However with Sauron's influence on the Troll cage you will unlock the siege hammers upgrade for the  Attack Trolls which when purchased it will arm the Attack Troll with the siege hammer instead of the mace. The siege hammer for the Attack Troll works similar to the Dwarf siege hammer upgrade where now the Attack Trolls can deal good damage to enemy units and their structures at the same time. There will also be upgrade at level 3 Troll cage similar to Gondor's Horse shields upgrade which makes the attack Trolls less vulnerable to pike or arrows or even both.

I also thought of having Hero Troll units that you can only have 3 in play. These Trolls will replace Molluk and will come wielding a large sword. They are very powerful specially against Heroes.

I like the Olog hai variety in this picture specially the one on the middle (Molluk) and the one on the right. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131203111353/lotr/images/1/19/Trolls.jpg
Now after some thought I actually like this idea

Morgul Orc

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Jul 2015, 22:51 »
Zitat
I made this because I want to make more use of Trolls and Slaughter houses. I think the Mountain Troll should have an ability to collect trees and rocks to the Siege Works to give Mordor extra resources and can also be a minor attack unit against basic swordsmen. The Attack Troll idea I mentioned makes more sense because in general a mace is not meant for buildings but only against units and the seige hammer will be good against both buildings and units like in the films. Molluk was a random powerful Troll from Gorgoroth who had his eyes on Aragorn which also Sauron had the eye on but Molluk as a Hero doesn't make much sense since you can create him easily in Create a Hero. I suggested to make Elite Hero unit Troll that only 3 can be recruited at the same time. These Elite Trolls will have an ability maybe stomp or jump ability and will be powerful against almost everything specially Heroes. The Troll shields upgrade will give the Attack Trolls 50% armor against arrows and 25% armor against pikes.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Jul 2015, 23:37 »
Zitat
I made this because I want to make more use of Trolls and Slaughter houses. I think the Mountain Troll should have an ability to collect trees and rocks to the Siege Works to give Mordor extra resources and can also be a minor attack unit against basic swordsmen. The Attack Troll idea I mentioned makes more sense because in general a mace is not meant for buildings but only against units and the seige hammer will be good against both buildings and units like in the films. Molluk was a random powerful Troll from Gorgoroth who had his eyes on Aragorn which also Sauron had the eye on but Molluk as a Hero doesn't make much sense since you can create him easily in Create a Hero. I suggested to make Elite Hero unit Troll that only 3 can be recruited at the same time. These Elite Trolls will have an ability maybe stomp or jump ability and will be powerful against almost everything specially Heroes. The Troll shields upgrade will give the Attack Trolls 50% armor against arrows and 25% armor against pikes.
Maybe you should start a new thread to call more attention on your idea. Trolls and Molluk deserve some change. If trolls are not to be massively produced like regular unit then it should be a elite unit, and I never like Molluk, he is boring and useless