28. Mär 2024, 19:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Grima with the Ring  (Gelesen 4245 mal)

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
Grima with the Ring
« am: 5. Jul 2015, 01:08 »
Does anyone else find Grima's traitor spell a bit weak when he has the ring?  I think that his traitors should be special in some way. As of right now, the only difference between the ring and non-ring versions of the spell is that Grima has a slightly larger radius.  I would argue that perhaps Grima's traitors should be permanent when he has the ring, or at least made better in some way. 

I know that usually Rohan players will give the ring to Theoden after he has had his madness cleared, but I think Grima should be at least tempting.  All ring-heroes should be competitive.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Re: Grima with the Ring
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Jul 2015, 06:30 »
Late reply :/. But I agree.
Sup :P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Jul 2015, 10:29 »
agree

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Dez 2015, 04:40 »
yes. when corrupted Theoden gets the Ring and Grima takes control, the summonable Rohan traitors should be permanent.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Dez 2015, 12:35 »
Agreed. Rohan Ring hero system is the one of two main reasons why I rarely play as Rohan.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #5 am: 31. Dez 2015, 12:11 »
Okay, let's rework the heck outta Grima and see if we can come up with something that looks more like an actual ring hero.

As of now players can pick Corrupted or Freed Theoden. Freed Theoden can pick 4 different upgrades each costing him health and speed. Corrupted Theoden sees Grima takes the lead with minor boosts to the abilities.

I quite like, personally, Freed Theoden as a Ring hero I think that the Team really captured the essence of Theoden. However I believe that Corrupted Theoden as a Ring Hero can be improved on. So let's go (I've included a link to an imgur album with pictures of corrupted theoden abilities as both normal and with the ring. http://imgur.com/a/4PbH0 )

Grima Wormtongue
Leadership
The leadership change in the present version is very small, it goes from 15% attack and armor to 25% with a possible increased cost in fear resistance (not specified). I don't have much problems here, it fits lore wise but I would still push for a slight increase to 35-40%, I mean it's still the ring we're talking about, even if it doesn't fit lore wise.

Banishment to Exile
The only difference so far is that the skill seems to recharge faster when paired with the power of the ring. I'd like to propose a major change there. I propose that the damage dealt increases to 75% and the skill recharge to 50% BUT that whenever the hero comes too close to a castle/camp/outpost (not settlement) the bonus changes to a debuff/damage similar to Grima's man hindering their progress and attacking them. This would render the skill more attractive to the eye of the player and, I believe, would show better the power that grima has over the country once he accesses the ring.

Taxes
I don't see anything wrong there, makes sense. Minor change, maybe Grima would also place traitors around the farm that would make sure that the taxes are paid and also defend the farm? Just an idea.

Traitors
Also major change here. First as requested I think that the traitors should be made permanent, this could easily be explained by the increase control of minds that Grima gains with the ring, nearly as strong as ringless saruman. I also propose that they get the ability to be mounted like in 3.8.1 or given some upgrades since, under Grima's dominion, the whole country would work for them and supply them with weapons.

Retreat
For the retreat ability I say a small boost in the ability should make it more attractive to the player.

The idea is to make the idea of giving the ring to grima more attractive and also to expand and hypothesize a bit more on the Grima as a ring hero. It is also important to note that once Grima gets the ring it will be likely that he breaks away from Saruman's control. Anyway stuff to think about can't wait to hear from all of you.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

TheFinalMe

• Bilbos Festgast
  • New and Improved...
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Jan 2016, 21:14 »
@Necromancer: the Leadership and Retreat functions become map-wide according to the images you gave. Imo this is enough of a boost since they don't have to be near Grima to get their bonuses

I like the idea of Grima becoming the new leader of Rohan when he receives the ring. The traitors becoming permanent and being able to mount is a good idea too me. I think that there should also be a possibility to place it over any unit like archers or cavalry if that is possible.

I also like the guards idea too. It would nullify slightly the defense debuff of the farm. I also agree with the boost to the hero banishment as long as it would not be too terrible imbalanced.
TFM