18. Apr 2024, 04:11 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Model of Aragorn, the heir  (Gelesen 3487 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Model of Aragorn, the heir
« am: 10. Jul 2015, 04:29 »
Hi, I have been thinking about the model design of "Aragorn, the heir" for some time and I really hope you could improve it in the future. For now, it looks like

The current design, with all respect, is kind of ponderous and not very satisfying compared to the marvelous job you have done to Theoden, Throin and basically everyone else, although the textures are quite amazing, the problem is mainly the color and some details. My suggestions and opinions are:

(1) The color, the current color of grey on his coat armor and hauberk make him rather tedious, I suggest change it to absolute black. Make his should pads and cloak buckles shining silver with current details, also add more and stronger red color in his inner vesture. The strong color contrast would make his figure more lanky and striking.

(2) Add high collar from his red inner vesture will make his neck a lot more natural. Rework on his boots, make them smaller and with darker color, now it looks rather ill-fitting on him. Also make his bracers smaller, with finer details(black ground color with shining silver pattern), revealing more of his red inner vesture near his elbows will make him looks more agile.

(3) His lower hem could be a little longer, near his boots. And his waist belt could be tighter.

(4) Maybe that's too much to ask, but could you rework his face a little, makes him more resembling Viggo Mortensen in the movie?

I mean, sharp-featured face, higher forehead and centre parting haircut? The final result, in my thought, should be like

I am not sure if that's possible, but I really think some model improvement is needed.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Model of Aragorn, the heir
« Antwort #1 am: 10. Jul 2015, 07:36 »
I do agree on the black and red coloring. Or maybe it's the lighting that makes it looks gray :/ what ever it is, black is surely more striking.

I do find the face alright and very Viggo-ish, even more so than the model you've posted. Especially the eyes and beard.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Model of Aragorn, the heir
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Jul 2015, 11:03 »
All i have to say about it is:
"Aragorn, the heir" is one of the most detailed model in Edain.

----closed-----