20. Apr 2024, 05:21 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: One New Ability for Thorin Oakenshield  (Gelesen 4229 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
One New Ability for Thorin Oakenshield
« am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:17 »
So with the new epic Armor of Thorin I got an idea about a new Power too,now I know that probably most of you will not like it,but still I decided to share it just for sport! :)
So here is what I got in mind!While he is stil King in Exile as a final Power he can an power called "Call for Aid" or "Send a Messanger" which will have 50/50% Chance of success to Summon his Cousin Dain Ironfoot with 3 Battalions of Iron Hills Slayers(which will represent the help he send consisiting of 500 Elite Veterans which the Slayers represent) or Dain may refuse and do not come!I think this is fiting because we all know that Dain helped Thorin for Erebor and most likely would have helped him any dire situation needeing  Mllitary help! :)
And after he gets his Royal Armor and like Crowned King Under the Mountain with the Arkenstone in his possesion he can get a power called "Oath of the Dwarven Realms/Clans" where he can Summon 1 Battalion of Each Kingdom similar to the way his Father gathered the 7 Armies of the Dwarves and I know it is not said who answered but most them did an that will be Iron Hills,Orocarni Dwarves,may be even Grey Mountain Dwarves and such!I think this will be fiting because of the Oath the 7 Clans have to the wilder of the Arkenstone and it is like High King of All Dwarves as Thorin planed to do after geting the Stone from Smaug! :) So what you think about it! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: One New Ability for Thorin Oakenshield
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:26 »
So with the new epic Armor of Thorin I got an idea about a new Power too,now I know that probably most of you will not like it,but still I decided to share it just for sport! :)
So here is what I got in mind!While he is stil King in Exile as a final Power he can an power called "Call for Aid" or "Send a Messanger" which will have 50/50% Chance of success to Summon his Cousin Dain Ironfoot with 3 Battalions of Iron Hills Slayers(which will represent the help he send consisiting of 500 Elite Veterans which the Slayers represent) or Dain may refuse and do not come!I think this is fiting because we all know that Dain helped Thorin for Erebor and most likely would have helped him any dire situation needeing  Mllitary help! :)
And after he gets his Royal Armor and like Crowned King Under the Mountain with the Arkenstone in his possesion he can get a power called "Oath of the Dwarven Realms/Clans" where he can Summon 1 Battalion of Each Kingdom similar to the way his Father gathered the 7 Armies of the Dwarves and I know it is not said who answered but most them did an that will be Iron Hills,Orocarni Dwarves,may be even Grey Mountain Dwarves and such!I think this will be fiting because of the Oath the 7 Clans have to the wilder of the Arkenstone and it is like High King of All Dwarves as Thorin planed to do after geting the Stone from Smaug! :) So what you think about it! :)
I don't want to be a mood-killer and I am quite sure there are a lot of new abilities could be added to Throin. But in this way Throin should cost more than 4000 at the end of day,you cann't give him everything, he is tank and hero killer and unit supporter and could make troops invulnerable and could summon armies.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:33 »
Well he must lose one Power to get this!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Jul 2015, 19:54 »
If here is thread concerning Thorin's abilities - what do you think about his skill, which causes invulnerability for friendly heroes and units in his radius? On level 7 - but firstly he has to reach level 10. I am not sure if it is little bit exaggerated, because I suppose that Thorin hasn't got ring of protection like someone else. xD

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 12. Jul 2015, 20:07 »
If here is thread concerning Thorin's abilities - what do you think about his skill, which causes invulnerability for friendly heroes and units in his radius? On level 7 - but firstly he has to reach level 10. I am not sure if it is little bit exaggerated, because I suppose that Thorin hasn't got ring of protection like someone else. xD
Throin is over exaggerated already, both in the movie and in current version. I understand he is the new icon of Edain mod. But to be honest PJ already add a lot of extra features and basically make him a Dwarven Aragorn in the movie. The most important leader of Dwarves in the end of T.A. is no doubt Dain Ironfoot, not Throin, even he is not the first successor of Dwarven kingdom. And as the current version, Dain should be the one who can summon Dwarven army from other realm.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Jul 2015, 20:20 »
First of all I want you to know that I am bigger fan of Dain than Thorin and I hate how PJ took all the glory Dain had(Killing Azog,leading the Dwarves to victory at Azanulbizar not Thorin!) and I agree that he was exagerated in the MOvie on behalf of Dain but there is nothign we can do about it sadly,adn yes Dain especially as his Younger Self should be the strongest Dwarven Hero after Durin if course but still the team is more of fans of Thorin! :)
now about the Thread,well Dain can already summon Allied Armies as Lord of Iron Hilsl and as King of Erebor he can build Barracks where you can produce Units from all 3 Realms so I ssuppose that enoiugh for him and summoning! :) And I think as Lord of Iron Hilsl he should be able to summon 4 Battalioins of Iron Hills Slayers to represent the Helm he send to Erebor consisting of Vweterans from Moria rather than Allied Armies as then he was still not King Under the Mountain(which is like the Elven High King but for the Dwarves) he should be able to summon those Armies as King of Erebor ! :)

Edit:
About that Power of his I think it is a bit overpowered ,but it is similar to Kin Dains "Deffend the Halls"but Dains being much mroe balanced!And I think on the place of that power Thorin Should get the one I suggested but on his highest Level! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Jul 2015, 20:29 von TiberiusOgden »

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Jul 2015, 20:29 »
I don't believe Thorin should get an additional summon (in addition to Kili/Fili).  Summoning units from other kingdoms should remain exclusively with Dain.  Honestly I think his powers are fine now.  The new level 10 kingly skin is, of course, very welcome and awesome, but it doesn't mean he needs new abilities as well.

He definitely should not make his army invulnerable. That power is Galadriel's, and only hers. 

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 12. Jul 2015, 20:35 »
Hmm ok lets say he doesnt need the summoning of Allied Armies which will stay with Dain as King but still I think Thorin Should be able to summon at least Dain with Iron Hills Slayers as he send for help for him in both MOvies and Books and he will have a 50/50% chance to get those Reinforcments with Dain leading them! :)

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Jul 2015, 21:53 »
I don't really like that idea either.  Thorin already has a summon, why should he get another?  I'm also not convinced that him summoning Dain and 5 slayers fits Thorin's role within the faction.  Also, why have a chance for a failed summon? Is that possible, and even if it is, why have that additional mechanic on the summon? 

Let Dain and his slayers stay with the iron hills.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Jul 2015, 22:06 »
He fits because he is Thorins cousin and answered his call for help in need! :) And the mechanism with chance is that well to not be so easy to summon a strong army with a Hero!And those Slayers represent the Book Veterans Dain took to Erebor thats why I thought they will be fiting for the role! :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 13. Jul 2015, 19:15 »

Thorin doesn't definitely have NENYA!  8-|

Yes, Thorin is a bit overpowered; but I can, at least, accept it, only if Galadriel gets really strengthened and Nenya has a far more active role/power  :)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 13. Jul 2015, 21:39 »

Thorin doesn't definitely have NENYA!  8-|

Yes, Thorin is a bit overpowered; but I can, at least, accept it, only if Galadriel gets really strengthened and Nenya has a far more active role/power  :)

I am not sure their plan for Galadriel and Nenya but I do hope edain team wouldn't over-exaggerated the power of any individual and power ring again, the three are not used for battle

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 13. Jul 2015, 21:50 »
the three are not used for battle
I'll start thread about that  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 13. Jul 2015, 22:33 »

I am not sure their plan for Galadriel and Nenya but I do hope edain team wouldn't over-exaggerated the power of any individual and power ring again, the three are not used for battle

I didn't refer to all the heroes of the Edain Mod, I referred specifically to Galadriel.
And, as you may know, she will be radically changed in the Edain Mod 4.0, because her previous concept and powers were not suitable for her role and might; and she was also a bit weak to be the leader of her faction, Celeborn was way more powerful and dangerous.

I know that the Three Rings were not made for battle, and my sentence ('more active role/power') never implied it.
My idea is completely different, as she should have a greater role tied with her faction/settlement, since, in the lore, she is its source of bliss and protection.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #14 am: 13. Jul 2015, 22:49 »

I didn't refer to all the heroes of the Edain Mod, I referred specifically to Galadriel.
And, as you may know, she will be radically changed in the Edain Mod 4.0, because her previous concept and powers were not suitable for her role and might; and she was also a bit weak to be the leader of her faction, Celeborn was way more powerful and dangerous.

I know that the Three Rings were not made for battle, and my sentence ('more active role/power') never implied it.
My idea is completely different, as she should have a greater role tied with her faction/settlement, since, in the lore, she is its source of bliss and protection.
The main use of her ring is to resist the poison and corruption from Dol Guldor, the main force of Lorien is still their people. Do remember the middle earth is a world without so much supernatural power, I am never a big fan of that “invulnerable” stuff because that violates the setting of this world. Also, is there scene in the book or movie corresponding to that power?
Celeborn deserves to also play a leader role since he is the lord of Lorien and leader of Galadhrim. However, it is most likely the leadership of army would be assigned to Haldir according to the information we get so far. The hero supporter and building destoryer is the role for Galadriel, and her power will definitely center on this part.

Anyway, this is thread is not even about Lorien, let's just wait the release.