19. Apr 2024, 07:35 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 109186 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #345 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:14 »
Fine, then. Thus be it! I agree. What if we also included spells' cooldown?

I have already modified Círdan's ability. It now affects ships and siege weapons, raising their damage and speed; it reflects the thunderous temperament of Ossë, the Maia of storms and mentor of Círdan :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #346 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:17 »
Your arguments about invincibility are more than reasonable. So, I feel like proposing a final version:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Blessing - Vilya shields Middle-earth from evil and restores the forces of the Good. All buildings within allied bases are invincible (walls included) for a duration. Furthermore, the Ring reduces the cooldown of all heroic abilities and spells.
Lasts 30 seconds.

- Invincibility is saved, together with the whole magical feeling. Uniqueness is too preserved, since the effect involves all your allies.
- It lasts no longer than Nenya, thereby maintaining a clear limit for balance.
- Restoration/Refreshment is equally kept, for the jubilation of this thread's attendees :)
- I think there is no need for some influence on units. Elrond has already a decent leadership and Arwen provides healing. The faction itself consists of the most resilient type of troops ever.

Sorry for the 'suggestion war', but I sense we're close to a definitive solution ;)

Perfect. We can eventually give up units for the reason you stated, plus the Rivendell's soldiers are for sure the most armored and powerful in game overall. The effect on spells it's a cool addition. I'm not so much good in the description yours it's for sure more compact as Tiberius prefer  xD . Since you are a very skilled writers, my friend, you think we can include the story of minimum order in the description? I really like it as lore addition.
Last note: the FX. The almost invisible barrier sorrounding the base we talk about on discord could be a cool addition, together with light rays of blessing on buildings and walls. Let's talk about some ideas concerning FXs  ;)

EDIT: this thread is so active that when i was posting you two posted at the same time  :D The Tiberius one is also good, i've slightly modified it:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - Magic of the mightiest elven ring preserves Imladris from evil influences. All friendly heroes and buildings on the map ghave double armor and are resistant to magic. Heroic abilities are continuously restored for a long period.
Left click to activate.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 17:22 von AulëTheSmith »

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #347 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:21 »
Zitat
but I consider an armour boost as quite underwhelming for the Ring's magic. Also, heroes would be greatly benefited already, thanks to refreshment

I'm trying to recyclate weather spell and affect the whole map, which is much more impactful as we know.
Concerning heroes - problem is that we must have something that connects restoration and the whole Vilya effect.
Restoration can't stay on its own and then another effect. Or vice versa.
You know "Vilya restores heroes AND also shields your castle" ... it's strange and not connected.

Edit: Wait a minute guys! ... Above it's response to Walk. xD

Edit 2:
Zitat
What if we also included spells' cooldown?

Imladris economy buildings already reduce spell's cooldown.

Edit 3: Aule we want to exclude units in order to be different from Nenya.
Solid structures for me represent the realm. Buildings represent something what you can siege.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 17:26 von Tiberius Ogden »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #348 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:26 »
You know "Vilya restores heroes AND also shields your castle" ... it's strange and not connected.

That's why i split the description in two different parts. One connected to protection, the other to minimum amount of order. Both comes from lore, even though they sound not connected  [ugly]
And yes, if we include this effect, there will be no more restoration as own ability.

P.S: we clearly need Vilya to make a minimum amount of order in this discussion  :D :D :D
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 17:32 von AulëTheSmith »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #349 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:37 »
Last note: the FX. The almost invisible barrier sorrounding the base we talk about on discord could be a cool addition, together with light rays of blessing on buildings and walls. Let's talk about some ideas concerning FXs  ;)

As I have envisaged it, all buildings will be set alight for the whole duration (it was an old 3.8.1 feature) and we may surely add some other FX on fortresses, such as beams of holy light. The Edain Mod's 'FX warehouse' never runs out of material to utilise ;)

I'll update the first post in due time, and explain that secondary trait of Vilya as well.

So, if you're fine, here is our FINAL iteration:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The power of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map have their armour doubled and are immune to magic.
Vilya reduces the cooldown of all heroic abilities.
Lasts for a long duration.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 18:38 von Walküre »

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #350 am: 9. Feb 2019, 17:42 »
I'll update the first post in due time, and explain that secondary trait of Vilya as well.

So, if you're fine, here is our FINAL iteration:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Blessing - The magic of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map have their armour doubled and are immune to magic.
Reduces also the cooldown of all heroic abilities.

Zitat von: Doctor Strange
Dormammu, i've come to bargain!
Let's break the eternal loop of discussion  :D :D
I AGREE with your final version

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #351 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:00 »

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Blessing - The magic of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map have their armour doubled and are immune to magic.
Reduces also the cooldown of all heroic abilities.

Why not preservation? It's more Tolkienish.
Blessing ... you can be blessed by Earendil from the sky ... but by ring?
Also I would rewrite it a bit, to more connect the last sentence with the rest (at least remove "also"). Cause now it seems like passive Angmar's centrall spell.
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 18:18 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #352 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:35 »
I don't mind 'preservation' either. 'Blessing' infers holiness and makes everything more dignified, reflecting the Ring's supreme status. Nevertheless, I will change the title for the sake of differentiation.

Believe you me, pretty much all descriptions in the game are formatted and ordered likewise. Anyway, I'll try to find a better cohesion :)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #353 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:43 »
Overall I think that it's quite good compromise. ;)

We're recycling Lorien's weather spell (but visually it'll be different), while keeping Elrond's restoration and preserving magical status of the elven ring by adding magic resistance.

It little mirrors Nenya but with completely different effects.

Maybe is now time to show reworked abilities of Cirdan in Cirdan's thread? :P

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
« Antwort #354 am: 9. Feb 2019, 18:54 »
Hey guys, I love the final version of Vilya that you ended up with. I'm in favour of it and I also believe that raising Elrond's price to 3000 is a must if we consider that he is a powerful Elf Lord of the FA.

I might have another proposal for Elrond, which fortunately doesn't have to do with his Ring of Power. Now that Vilya's effect is probably finalized, I think we should not abandon the other users' idea of combining Elrond's Mount and Ancient Equipment spell in order to free one spot from his skillset. His second or third ability would be the combined one, and since Restoration is incorporated in the Ring of Air now, we could come up with something different to fill the empty spot. It doesn't have to be something really powerful, especially if it is going to be a level 3 skill. In my opinion it's an opportunity we should take advantage of. In the end, this idea only adds to the Lord of Imladris. ;)

So how about, as others suggested, his 3.8.1 ability of lending experience to other heroes? It is not OP at all and enhances his role/aspect as a hero supporter. Or even an utterly new idea?

P.S. Loved that Doctor Strange reference Aulë. xD

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #355 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:06 »
I just want to say that I've missed these forums. :P

You've spent weeks of creating something that fits, respects lore, respects roles, respects other suggestions, respects other spells, abilities, whatever.

And then someone shows up and says "I like what you've done, solved, but lets throw brick into another thing" ... and then you will spent additional weeks of creating something that fits, respects lore, respects roles, respects other suggestions, respects other spells, abilities, whatever. [uglybunti]

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #356 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:16 »
Haha yeah I actually felt really bad while I was writing this post. xD

So, what do you think Tiberius? Do you believe Elrond will become a titan after adding this?

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #357 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:26 »
So, what do you think Tiberius? Do you believe Elrond will become a titan after adding this?

We can always eat the horse ... joined forces of the good also eated their horses before battle of the black gate after all. For me it's better than strangely combined horse and abilities.

But question is how much the new skill would change his current mass slayer role. He is mass slayer with supportive aspects. Adding more supportive abilities would created two roles for him.

« Letzte Änderung: 9. Feb 2019, 19:33 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #358 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:29 »
Hey guys, I love the final version of Vilya that you ended up with. I'm in favour of it and I also believe that raising Elrond's price to 3000 is a must if we consider that he is a powerful Elf Lord of the FA.

I might have another proposal for Elrond, which fortunately doesn't have to do with his Ring of Power. Now that Vilya's effect is probably finalized, I think we should not abandon the other users' idea of combining Elrond's Mount and Ancient Equipment spell in order to free one spot from his skillset. His second or third ability would be the combined one, and since Restoration is incorporated in the Ring of Air now, we could come up with something different to fill the empty spot. It doesn't have to be something really powerful, especially if it is going to be a level 3 skill. In my opinion it's an opportunity we should take advantage of. In the end, this idea only adds to the Lord of Imladris. ;)

So how about, as others suggested, his 3.8.1 ability of lending experience to other heroes? It is not OP at all and enhances his role/aspect as a hero supporter. Or even an utterly new idea?

P.S. Loved that Doctor Strange reference Aulë. xD

Dear Fellowship, I commend your effort and constructive spirit. You're one of the kindest, most wholesome community members I've ever met so far. I'm thankful for your in-depth suggestions, but I have to reject your proposal. If you recall, I've always expressed my utter disapproval of experience-lending abilities. That's a sort of time machine, programmed to bring us back to the days of Edain 3.8.1. Moreover, the Edain Team have progressively been removing every feature that might risk to get useless after a while. The Gifts of Lórien used to suffer from the same issue. Even more, a level-3 ability of the kind you've proposed would be inevitably doomed to become meaningless (and redundant).

Therefore, I respectfully disagree and invite you to reconsider your position on the matter :)

I just want to say that I've missed these forums. :P

You've spent weeks of creating something that fits, respects lore, respects roles, respects other suggestions, respects other spells, abilities, whatever.

And then someone shows up and says "I like what you've done, solved, but lets throw brick into another thing" ... and then you will spent additional weeks of creating something that fits, respects lore, respects roles, respects other suggestions, respects other spells, abilities, whatever. [uglybunti]

I presume this is what Tiberius intends to say: one more suggestion and...

Jokes aside, we ought to stick to our final iteration ;)

EDIT (in advance): Good! It seems we all agree with that rendition.

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #359 am: 9. Feb 2019, 19:49 »
Thank you for your answers guys!

Of course I understand that you struggled to find an appropriate effect for Vilya, one that must satisfy as many as possible. One more ability to rethink would break this thread apart.

Also, thanks for the kind words Walküre; you should know that I strongly believe the same for you dear friend. You are one of the most thoughtful and passionate people here in Modding-Union. You treat everyone with respect and kindness and I thank you for that! :)

As always, you can count me in favour of this brilliant overhaul that you guys created after so many efforts.