19. Mär 2024, 11:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 106751 mal)

tolgayurdal

• Gast
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #360 am: 9. Feb 2019, 22:37 »
As I said earlier in Discord, if Elrond receives a support skill, it should include the combination of Restoration and Vilya's effect. Mightiest of Three must be better then Nenya's Cleansing, the healing effect. This can be ensured with protection of buildings. Reducing the cooldown times of heroic abilities and mentioned impressions about bases provide exactly these fundamental elements . So I am for it.

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #361 am: 9. Feb 2019, 23:04 »
I really like the new idea, and I don't think we'll find anything better. I am definitely joining the list of supporters.

“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #362 am: 9. Feb 2019, 23:08 »
Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The magic of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map get +50% armour, are immune to magic and their abilities recharge faster for a long period.

Does it sound more clear? I've tried to simplify it for the game description.
Now cooldown of buildings abilities is also included ... although I'm not sure if Imladris buildings have some abilities ...  8-| Maybe we can keep it ... it sounds cool ...  xD

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #363 am: 11. Feb 2019, 04:11 »
I'd like to add one minor suggestion here just to round up the effect:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The magic of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map get +50% armour, are immune to magic, can not be knocked down, and their abilities recharge faster for a long period.

With Imladris' numbers being one of it's key drawbacks it's quite easy for them to be focused down via units capable of knockback when the heroes are far more exposed, and unlike other factions Imladris has no means to prevent this outside of the Veterans of the Last Alliance. It also contrasts the "offensive" variant of Vilya (the Gale) which knocks foes down and pulls them into Elrond - this instead protects them from the same effects. It also completes the link between the three rings as Nenya in Galadriel's rework possesses this feature and the proposed suggestion for Gandalf's Narya ties into his bubble shield (which passively protects him from being knocked down when it triggers). It will also controversially assist them against the power of the One (as Sauron's true strength is his immense knockback). The very purpose for which Celebrimbor designed them.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Feb 2019, 04:21 von SP19XX »

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #364 am: 11. Feb 2019, 05:14 »
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The magic of the mightiest Elven Ring shields Rivendell from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map get +50% armour, are immune to magic, can not be knocked down, and their abilities recharge faster for a long period.

I was thinking about that but didn't want to include knockback immunity cause it's already implemented in Nenya (technically you need hero with the gift nearby) ... but actually it isn't. We're affecting heroes while Nenya affects units. So it fits perfectly and nice way connects to Ring of Adamant.
We wanted to be Nenya and Vilya on the same level, because from the lore we know that worked completely the same way ... but logically for game purpose we had to find something little different.
And I think that we succeeded. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Feb 2019, 05:23 von Tiberius Ogden »

SP19XX

• Edain Betatesting
  • Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #365 am: 11. Feb 2019, 05:54 »

I was thinking about that but didn't want to include knockback immunity cause it's already implemented in Nenya (technically you need hero with the gift nearby) ... but actually it isn't. We're affecting heroes while Nenya affects units. So it fits perfectly and nice way connects to Ring of Adamant.
We wanted to be Nenya and Vilya on the same level, because from the lore we know that worked completely the same way ... but logically for game purpose we had to find something little different.
And I think that we succeeded. ;)
Indeed - though it's not just a connection to the Ring of Adamant but also the Ring of Fire - as though it's indirect as I stated before the Bubble Shield does provide knockback immunity when it triggers.

It also gives each of the three rings it's own distinct variant.
Nenya - The Ring of Adamant provides protection to units.
Vilya - The Ring of Air provides protection to heroes.
Narya - The Ring of Fire provides protection to the user - however is more readily available at the cost of it's power being isolated.

In this sense it would be strange for Vilya the chief of the three not to possess this ability while the others do. It also means that the three combined would in essence cover all bases - and the three were designed to work in tandem against the One.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Feb 2019, 06:00 von SP19XX »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #366 am: 11. Feb 2019, 14:41 »
First and foremost, thank you all for the meaningful support shown. I'll update the main post and insert your name in the 'in favour' list.

I like Samsara's addition related to knock-back immunity. I feel it stresses Vilya's influence on heroes even more. Hence, at the present day, here is the final rendition we have agreed on:

Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The mightiest of the Three Rings shields Middle-earth from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map gain +50% armour and are immune to magic. Heroes cannot be knocked back and their abilities recharge much faster.
Lasts for a long duration.

Some remarks on the text: I replaced 'Rivendell' with 'Middle-earth', so to indicate that Vilya operates for all the forces of the Good, and we also reconnect with our own interpretation that wants the Ring to maintain a minimum amount of order in the world.

All in all, we've done an Elf's job in characterising each of the Three as it was due. Vilya and Nenya will provide a true, global shield, while Narya shall relieve its bearer's shoulders from the burden of his mission; additionally, may I conclude, not only does the Ring of Fire ensure an adequate balance between the wizard's bubble-shield and magic efficacy, but its main focus lies in resistance to adversities, such as ice, fire and poison (the adversities of Gandalf's numerous journeys). Well done, astonishing work!

P.S. Samsara, I noticed that your name is missing from the Narya concept's list. I assume you have by now accepted the entirety of the proposal. Give me a confirmation and I will add your contribution, too ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #367 am: 11. Feb 2019, 19:03 »
Zitat
Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The mightiest of the Three Rings shields Middle-earth from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map gain +50% armour and are immune to magic. Heroes cannot be knocked back and their abilities recharge much faster.

I like also this final version  8-) it seems the one more able to match all the request of the community, so far. I think with these premises we can skip the restoration ability for good. Hope that also Oak and Julio will come back and give their feedback about it.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #368 am: 14. Feb 2019, 02:34 »
Well,

even though the final outcome is fine, we should stress and remind why we started the rework of Elrond's last skill.
It's just because current "Vilya's Wrath" is the rape of the lore. That's it.
And maybe the most visible in the entire game, especially when the game is based on the Lord of the Rings and we know how the Three elven rings of power worked. 8-|

But the ability itself is cool, fits to mass slayer, so we moved that skill below and called it "Wuthering gale". We had to find space so initially we removed restoration, because it's pure hero support ability, which is already part of the skillsets of other heroes, who really are hero supporters (Anarath, Galadriel). But then restoration returned in order to satisfy some players.

If Edain team will find something different, which will be protective/supportive and not offensive, yet impactful, it would be fine as well. Because it can be really whatever. Everything will be much more lore friendly than current rendition. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Feb 2019, 02:45 von Tiberius Ogden »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #369 am: 14. Feb 2019, 14:14 »
Fair enough. I was waiting for the last seal of approval. I share the exact words of Tiberius and would also like to congratulate all those who have been staunchly following the progress of the general discussion, which did take various different courses in time, iteration after iteration. I'm certain that we've done a commendable work for the Lord of Imladris. Lore accuracy is going to be enhanced further in the game, along with the arcane lore surrounding the secret history of the Three Rings. If even our popular Narya concept is to find a place in the Mod, which I fervently crave, we'll be granted the privilege to have every Elven Ring to function properly and in compliance to the vast, length literature of the canons: Narya, Nenya and Vilya, all imbued with benevolent magic, meant, respectively, for endurance, healing/purifying and preservation/safeguard. We could not have done any better 8-)

I will proceed with the needed modifications of the main presentation post. I think I might even bring this suggestion to the German forum, as we did likewise in the past (with quite encouraging results). Thank you, once again. Consider that the first debates revolving around the Three had started on the late EIC forums of ModDB, where I had posted my very first Nenya proposal (four years ago!). Tiberius surely recalls that and every conceptual struggle of ours afterward ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #370 am: 20. Feb 2019, 19:16 »
Updated.
I've also added all positive votes to the list ;)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #371 am: 30. Mär 2020, 15:05 »
I agree with this proposal. So add me to the favor list. Elrond needs more attention as currently I feel he is under-whelming for a ring hero.  So I agree with this proposal.

You know, after re-reading the proposal, I think this is a good power for Elrond's ring and is canonical--but I feel we are getting rid of one of his most iconic abilities, that is to say, his role as a healer.

Therefore, I propose that his Rank 5 ability be changed to "Ancient Herald" refering to his days as herald to Gil-Galad. He would keep his passive ability as is (+25% armor, AOE, etc), but the player could click this ability as well to do a healing spell.

Now if you wanted this to be just a regular miruvor effect or like the old restoration effect would be up to the community. But I do feel besides hiding, preserving, and lending strength to Imladris--Elrond is known as the best healer and this ability must be shown with his character.

Personally, since restoration was a higher ranked ability, I suggest a stronger Miruvor effect that Elrond can place on himself or others. I think this would make the difference for him and improve his effects for Imladris!
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Apr 2020, 18:47 von dkbluewizard2 »

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #372 am: 9. Jul 2020, 14:39 »
After supporting this proposal which is very great work, i just want to share some ideas to improve it, if i may.

Most of Elrond Half-elven abilities will remain the same but this is not his only role in the faction. He never meant to be only mass slayer, besides that he has support role in his time dominantly.

The agreed parts in current offer:

Zitat
"He was as noble and fair as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."

His last power can be a trigger which shows his wisdom to provide his full potential:

Level 10: Firstborn Wisdom – Elrond remembers the wisdom from Elder Days and it effects his skills in battlefield for a time.

After its activation his former advice skill can be seen. Also Restoration (Wuthering Gale instead) and Vilya skills are more belong to his wise characteristic. So;

Ancient Equipment grants experience nearby ally units and heroes for a time.

Level 7: Restoration: Target allied hero becomes fully healed and his/her skill timers are refreshed by Elrond’s healing magic.

Level 10: Vilya's Preservation - The mightiest of the Three Rings shields Middle-earth from evil and toil. All allied buildings and heroes across the map gain +70% armour and are immune to magic.

When Lord of Imladris gains the support role in faction, Arwen can evolve to be interferer for enemies and her borrowed abilities shall be tied to the relevant ones.

Arwen

However she does not exist for only disrupting enemies, her supportive aura becomes more meaningful in the spell due to new role:

Influence of Evenstar: The light of the Evening Star shines brightly in Arwen's soul, invigorating her and nearby allied heroes. Arwen and allied heroes nearby regenerate health twice as fast, get +50% armor and recharge their ability 30% faster.

Best regards.