28. Mär 2024, 16:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 107482 mal)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Elrond - lord of Imladris
« Antwort #135 am: 23. Jul 2015, 18:12 »
Regarding the portrayal of Elrond in the Hobbit, I would say that the LotR and appendices hold more weight as far as the nature of Elrond than the Hobbit, as Tolkien wanted to re-write the Hobbit to mesh it better with LotR.

I'm curious, has anyone heard of the Tolkien professor?

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #136 am: 23. Jul 2015, 22:09 »
Well,

because I want to have compromise suggestion as usual, so I added some about foresight for his pasive skill. :P

... but main thing for today:

I've finished some analysis concerning ability to ride a horse for heroes in correlation with cavalry units throughout all factions.
I think that after read it you will change point of view concerning Elrond and horse.

Firstly I've checked good factions:

Rohan is the best cavalry factions from the good factions and even in the whole game.
They have five different cavalry units and six "horse heroes" (all heroes except of Merry).

Imladris is the second best cavalry units in the game.
They have two cavalry units in the fortress but they have only two horse heroes (Arwen and Glorfindel).

Gondor is the third - yes, they have two cavalry units as well, but one of them is not from the beginning but you can find them on the outpost, so it is little bit disadvantage, but in Gondor case - we can find there four heroes who are able to ride a horse (Gandy, Aragorn, Imrahil and Faramir).

Dwarves and Lorien have the same position. One cavalry unit and one hero with some pet (Dain and Thranduil).

Evil factions:
The best cavalry factions for evil is definitely Mordor - four ringwraiths and Gothmog with Mouth of Sauron ... so overall six heroes, but find cavalry units as a permanent unit is quite problematic. Morgul riders are limited, five ringwraiths is different story so that only Haradrim riders we have to take into account.

As a second will be Misty Mountains - one cavalry unit but two heroes (Azog and Yazneg).

Isengard - one cavalry unit with Sharku.

And the same case is Angmar with one cavalry unit and we can't forget on Witch king.

I have to say that I didn't work with beast units as Wargs without riders, Mumakils, bears etc. and witch elite cavalry units as well. I don't know if they really work as a cavalry and mainly criterium for cavarly was that there has to be at least rider and that such cavalry must be permanent.

Conclusions:
Imladris is extremely undervalued - in comparison with Gondor there should be at least four heroes with ability ride a horse.
And overall only three elves in the whole game have such possibility.

So Elrond with horse really can solve this issue. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jul 2015, 22:59 von TiberiusOgden »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #137 am: 23. Jul 2015, 23:01 »
the heroes of imladris who are they elrond i know glofinder arwen cirdan and i dont remember the others

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #138 am: 23. Jul 2015, 23:26 »
Gildor, Elladan & Elrohir, and Erestor.
RPG:

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #139 am: 23. Jul 2015, 23:50 »

Exact and, as always, very detailed analysis, Tiberius  8-)
I'll try to 'expand' it a bit with another interesting fact  :)

In every faction, almost all the commanders (not necessarily ring heroes)/leaders have a mount: Aragorn, Théoden, Witch-king, Azog/Defiler, Thranduil, Dáin.
And they have a mount because it's another important trait of their MILITARY POWER and ABILITY.
Galadriel, Saruman and Sauron are the only leaders who don't need a mount, because they primarily and mainly use MAGIC.

Said that, and knowing that Elrond has far greater military skills than any other human commander or king, why shouldn't he have a mount?

#ahorseforElrond  :)

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #140 am: 24. Jul 2015, 00:22 »
Spending precious one slot for the horse is a bad idea. I speak but to remove the possibility of Aragorn ride. Horse - this is not a distinctive feature of these heroes.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #141 am: 24. Jul 2015, 00:32 »
Gildor, Elladan & Elrohir, and Erestor.
and what about this guy ???

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #142 am: 24. Jul 2015, 03:03 »
Ohh well, he is Lindir, greatest ring heroe save Sauron himself!

"Viva México"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #143 am: 24. Jul 2015, 04:04 »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #144 am: 24. Jul 2015, 12:04 »
I would say that Lindir was a quite nice and enjoyable non canon addition from PJ, but, as for Alfrid and Hilda, he will probably have no space in the Edain Mod.
Even though it would be interesting if they used his face as the icon picture of other heroes of Imladris, Erestor for example  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #145 am: 24. Jul 2015, 13:29 »
well i think Lindir is  an interesting character

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #146 am: 24. Jul 2015, 16:45 »
In every faction, almost all the commanders (not necessarily ring heroes)/leaders have a mount: Aragorn, Théoden, Witch-king, Azog/Defiler, Thranduil, Dáin.
And they have a mount because it's another important trait of their MILITARY POWER and ABILITY.
Exactly. And all heroes from your list also can ride a horse in the movies.

Galadriel, Saruman and Sauron are the only leaders who don't need a mount, because they primarily and mainly use MAGIC.
Yes, we know that she was able to ride to and from Minas Tirith, but that's all, but mainly - she didn't ride a horse in the movies and for her concept/animation it doesn't fit. Saruman is great example, in addition - Isengard isn't cavalry faction and Necromancer/Sauron with a horse ...  xD ... there is Witch king ... and Khamul ... etc.
As you said - they are "magic leaders" and not military leaders.

Spending precious one slot for the horse is a bad idea. I speak but to remove the possibility of Aragorn ride. Horse - this is not a distinctive feature of these heroes.
Aragorn and Elrond are two of the most useful heroes in the game (Aragorn is currently the strongest hero killer and Elrond will be very strong hero/unit supporter on the battlefield.) Horse isn't only additional thing for characters, but also a way how to nerf them - Aragorn has many variations throughout his path and if you will check my proposal for Elrond closely, you will find that I want for him spell, which is available from the beginning and is still stronger - throughout leveling. So yes, one slot will have a horse, but theoretically he will get new four slots which are implemented to the one slot.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jul 2015, 16:57 von TiberiusOgden »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #147 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:02 »
I would say that Lindir was a quite nice and enjoyable non canon addition from PJ, but, as for Alfrid and Hilda, he will probably have no space in the Edain Mod.
Even though it would be interesting if they used his face as the icon picture of other heroes of Imladris, Erestor for example  :)

While we're at it, we need to change Gildor's palantir picture: he really looks like an idiot.

"That still only counts as one!"

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #148 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:38 »
While we're at it, we need to change Gildor's palantir picture: he really looks like an idiot.

Looks like an idiot? unless he has been greatly improved I'd say he IS an idiot haha

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #149 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:43 »

Looks like an idiot? unless he has been greatly improved I'd say he IS an idiot haha

Do not insult our allies, Haldir of Lórien, this is an order from your Lady  xD 8-)