28. Mär 2024, 09:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 107450 mal)

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #195 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:02 »
I like Elrond in his current implementation and would find it sad to see one of his great current abilites to be removed in order to free the slot for a boring mount toggle. Also, I disagree with Imladris being a cavalry focused faction - they have only two cavalry units (lancers and windriders), while gondor also has two and mordor even has three (haradrim, nazgul and the mûmakîl). Imladris is about elite units across the board and small numbers while having access to advanced technologies (they can upgrade armour, blades and arrows twice instead of once).
RPG:

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #196 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:09 »
I am sorry, but it would be nice if you can make list of current/old abilities of Elrond.
I haven't played 3.8.1, so I am not familiar with them. I only express my opinion about mount ability in general. Fine, it would be nice in term of proper discussion if you can make that list. :)
P.S. Also can't read whole topic again. :P
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Aug 2015, 18:14 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #197 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:18 »
I like Elrond in his current implementation and would find it sad to see one of his great current abilites to be removed in order to free the slot for a boring mount toggle. Also, I disagree with Imladris being a cavalry focused faction - they have only two cavalry units (lancers and windriders), while gondor also has two and mordor even has three (haradrim, nazgul and the mûmakîl). Imladris is about elite units across the board and small numbers while having access to advanced technologies (they can upgrade armour, blades and arrows twice instead of once).

I in fact think that, given Rivendell's 'advanced technologies' and superior units-supporting elements (via spells or heroes' powers), its cavalry units are overall more effective.
But it's obviously just my opinion.

As I also think that the display of Vilya's powers as a whirlwind is not lore accurate (given the Three Rings' nature) and 'fair' towards Elrond's own magical abilities related mainly to healing.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #198 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:20 »
Zitat
Rivendell will be the most powerful cavalry-focused faction after Rohan
Well, then it seems that there is something wrong with Imladris. This faction should be definitly one of the best infantry based faction at all, but with very little focus on cavalry.
We dont have problems with some minor changes up to Elrond, but keep this fact in mind. I think we have to change something about the windriders, there wasnt any intention that Rivendell is considered as a cavalry faction.

Zitat
And AUJ showed it perfectly.
This is absolutely not an argument for me.  ;) Actually that is more a counter-argument for me. [ugly]

It would be nice, if you collect your ideas to form an overall concept for Elrond. It is a little bit tiring to read through 5 pages. Thx.  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Aug 2015, 19:18 von Ealendril »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #199 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:24 »

It would be nice, if you collect your ideas to form an overall concept for Elrond. It is a little bit tiring to read through 5 pages. Thx.  :)

If you check the first page, Tiberius has already done it  :)
There is everything: mount, Foresight and Vilya's display as Ultimate Healing and Restoration  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Aug 2015, 18:36 von DieWalküre »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #200 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:24 »
Ah, see. My bad.

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #201 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:26 »
Fine, it would be nice in term of proper discussion if you can make that list. :)

Sure thing.

Level 1: Fury of the Loudwater: An aera-of-effect spell, sort of similar to Gandalf's Wizard Blast but ground targeted instead of unit targeted (you select an area on the ground instead of selecting a target unit or hero). Has the water horses effect from the film.

Level 3: Elrond's Council: Target hero gains a big chunk of experience.

Level 5: Armaments of Days Past: Elrond gets his armour from the Last Alliance (which buffs him with +25% armour and gives him a leadership passive ability that grants +25% armour and +25% XP gain to nearby units)

Level 7: Restoration. The ultimate healing spell, unchanged from bfme2 I think, but also affects units. (Target units and heroes are fully healed and have their ability cooldowns reset)

Level 10: Vilya, the Ring of Air. The tornado (which I am OK with - it's the Ring of Air after all).

These are his abilities as if now if they have not been changed since I was last able to play as Imladris, and I think they are very well chosen.
RPG:

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #202 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:29 »
Zitat
Rivendell will be the most powerful cavalry-focused faction after Rohan
Just a small question... I can't remember that anyone of the team said that Imladris will have a focus on cavalry. Where exactly do you take this assumption from?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #203 am: 25. Aug 2015, 18:50 »
Sorry, I just followed main idea from this topic, and that was removing of Tornado.
Ofc that Tornado is better than mount, Tiberius and Walk expressed here idea about removing that abilty and they tried to explain whole idea in detail. I am just person who supports that idea. In main comment from Tiberius, all is described.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:40 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #204 am: 25. Aug 2015, 19:14 »
Just a small question... I can't remember that anyone of the team said that Imladris will have a focus on cavalry. Where exactly do you take this assumption from?

I'm sorry, I probably forgot to add, at the end of that sentence, that it was only a consideration of mine (and that I basically meant that Rivendell will have very powerful cavalry units), but I can assure that I have always done it concerning the other posts of this long (very long) but enjoying discussion (as I previously replied to Fine).
I believe, and always experienced, that, due to the Rivendell's qualities and characteristics (via its supporting spells, upgrades and heroes' powers), the cavalry units of this faction are, or, better, have a great chance to be really effective and useful, ending up being superior to what Mordor or Gondor could ever display with their own cavalry units.

Also, I always recognised the fact that, among the other factions of the game (but, in this case, especially among the Good Factions) Rohan is objectively the only really cavalry-related faction; so, it was thus a kind of subtle comparison between Rivendell and Gondor, concerning cavalry units.
A comparison in which I always found Rivendell the superior one, (according to my personal experience).

I'm surely aware that we could also say that this could mainly depend on one's own strategy and choices with a certain faction, but I always had this precise impression.
I also explained why, though, given that Rivendell won't certainly be superior to Rohan, concerning cavalry units, a mount for Elrond wouldn't utterly upset the fundamental and basic structure of his faction.

I reckon I may have used a word ('cavalry-related') not so properly, since I just wanted to mean 'very powerful concerning cavalry units'.
I maybe should have expressed myself better  :)

This is absolutely not an argument for me.  ;) Actually that is more a counter-argument for me. [ugly]

I don't know why, but I kind of imagined it  :)
But, as you may have noticed, I also tried to give a lore-atmosphere explanation  ;)

Level 10: Vilya, the Ring of Air. The tornado (which I am OK with - it's the Ring of Air after all).

I respect your opinions, but I totally don't like this display of Vilya  :)
There is no movie adaptation involved here.
I totally find it not lore accurate, not even closed to.

The titles of the Three Rings ('Ring of Air', 'Ring of Water' and 'Ring of Fire') mainly refer to the main Elements of Arda themselves, the Elements which it was created with (and they also indicate that the 'authority' of the Ring of Air is superior to the others', as Manwë, Lord of the Air, is superior in authority to the other Valar).
They have, though, almost no direct reference to the very powers of these very particular Rings (Galadriel in fact is clearly shown being herself more capable of manipulating meteorological phenomena as Storms than Elrond).
The Three Rings (especially Vilya and Nenya) have absolutely no destructive powers, as they 'only' focus on the Protection and conservation of the places in which they are kept, slowing the flow of Time, and resemble thus the Splendour of Eressëa or Valinor itself (always as a mortal reflection, of course).

I thus sincerely think that the powers of Vilya should be displayed as the actual Ultimate Restoration power of Elrond, to be definitely more in line with his Ring's nature and his own abilities' one as a sensational Healer.

Vilya would thus represent the most powerful form of Healing/Restoring ability in the game, as Nenya currently represents the most powerful form of Protection.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Sep 2015, 02:59 von DieWalküre »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #205 am: 3. Sep 2015, 22:05 »
would find it sad to see one of his great current abilites to be removed in order to free the slot for a boring mount toggle.
Just try to read the whole discussion, or at least the first page. ;)

they have only two cavalry units (lancers and windriders)
Only? xD

mordor even has three (haradrim, nazgul and the mûmakîl)
Haradrim riders, ringwraiths and ... mumakil? Mumakil is standard cavalry? :D

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #206 am: 7. Sep 2015, 13:42 »
When Imladris is released, what will be Elrond's starting model?
Will it be possible for Elrond's starting model to be in one of his robes (for example, like this: http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/NarahElfaer/Elrond.jpg)?

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #207 am: 7. Sep 2015, 14:31 »
When Imladris is released, what will be Elrond's starting model?
Will it be possible for Elrond's starting model to be in one of his robes (for example, like this: http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/NarahElfaer/Elrond.jpg)?

If nothing has been changed about this matter, Elrond will have his Elven robes of FOTR until level 4  :)

Then, he will achieve his Noldorin armour on level 5, along with his Leadership.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Sep 2015, 14:34 von DieWalküre »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #208 am: 7. Sep 2015, 15:00 »
In case you don't know, this is the armor he gets at level 5:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/elrond1#imagebox

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #209 am: 7. Sep 2015, 15:02 »
That's great, thanks for the info DieWalküre :)
Also, I know about his armor from the Hobbit - I really like it. It looks a bit like his Dol Guldur armor, even if it's from AUJ  ;)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"