28. Mär 2024, 22:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 107523 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #210 am: 7. Sep 2015, 15:05 »
well i love his  golden armor botfa and i like to have a mount toggle for elrond

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #211 am: 7. Sep 2015, 15:48 »
Well, I also really like Elrond's armor from Dol Guldur and would like to see it in Edain, but Elrond's current armor looks a bit like a brown version of his BOTFA armor, so I don't think the Team may want to make it  :(
Also, didn't he have a mount ability in 3.8.1?

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #212 am: 7. Sep 2015, 16:27 »
well i love his  golden armor botfa and i like to have a mount toggle for elrond

I in fact referred to his 'current' concept; the proposal of this thread is another matter  :)

Well, I also really like Elrond's armor from Dol Guldur and would like to see it in Edain, but Elrond's current armor looks a bit like a brown version of his BOTFA armor, so I don't think the Team may want to make it  :(
Also, didn't he have a mount ability in 3.8.1?

The current armour of Elrond is fashioned on his armour of AUJ, which has a 'different' style, like the armour of Elrond's Knights (and soldiers) still of AUJ.

I really believe that, given that Elrond is the Leader and most important hero of Imladris, it would be very suitable and wise if he had an unique and characteristic concept (Elven robes + Basic Armour + Golden Armour)  :)
But, Ealendril has already stated that they don't have, for now, the motivation for creating a third design for Elrond.
So, we'll see...

No, Elrond didn't have a Mount in the Edain Mod 3.8.1, this is part of the general proposal of this thread.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Sep 2015, 16:37 von DieWalküre »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #213 am: 7. Sep 2015, 16:44 »
Yeah, I know how you feel, I also really wish to see Elrond's BOTFA armor in Edain; pity that it's not gonna be in Edain mod :(

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #214 am: 7. Sep 2015, 17:13 »
Yeah, I know how you feel, I also really wish to see Elrond's BOTFA armor in Edain; pity that it's not gonna be in Edain mod :(

In the description of Elrond's image, on ModDB, it is written that Elrond will keep his previous armour (the one of the Prologue of FOTR) via the Last Alliance spell.
But, I don't really know if it's a momentary or permanent effect.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/elrond1#imagebox

Elrond will thus have also his Golden Armour of the Last Alliance with this spell; but it's not the one of BOTFA.

It is still a heavy armour of the Noldor, after all.
This is what really matters  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Sep 2015, 23:03 von DieWalküre »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #215 am: 7. Sep 2015, 17:19 »
Well, I think that his armor from BOTFA is cooler than his Last Alliance armor  :P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #216 am: 7. Sep 2015, 23:08 »
well i hope i can see all of his armors in the game i know its too much but still it can be like this in the spell of the last Alliance he should have his last alliance armor

later he should have at lvl 5 his black armor later somehow forge his golden armor something like an upgrade to his armor or something

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #217 am: 27. Sep 2015, 04:39 »
I must say I like the concept developed by Tiberius and Tienety^^

However, I'd prefer Elrond to start with his UJ armor since level 1, and then gaining, on level 5, his DG one (or his Last Alliance armor, which looks similar to the DG one). Why?
Mainly because of the game setting. Since all the matches are set on battles, fights and war in general, I've always though stupid for Elrond (who is also one of the most powerful commanders in Middle-Earth) to go fighting with his robes. So, my opinion is he should already have his normal armor when he reaches the battlefield, and later on he should gain a more powerful one^^

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I think it's better he has on level 1 the mount, and on level 7 the flood
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Sep 2015, 04:44 von DrHouse93 »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #218 am: 27. Sep 2015, 08:36 »
you have a point mate

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #219 am: 28. Sep 2015, 16:47 »
I actually like the idea of Elrond starting out with his robes, it makes for more diversity; and I like his Lotr robes  xD

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #220 am: 28. Sep 2015, 20:08 »
The collected ideas in the first post are very interesting. I agree with the changes of the level 10 ability, but i dont agree with this argument:
Zitat
Don't forget that Imladris will be the second "most cavalry faction" in the game and only two heroes there are able to ride a horse?
Imladris should be one of the worst cavalry factions in Edain, because it has definitly the best melee units in game. Personally i think that a horse doesnt fit for Elronds gameplay and role. He is a mass slayer with support abilities. Maybe you should discuse this once more.....if you want.^^

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #221 am: 28. Sep 2015, 20:25 »

So, Ea, do you agree with a positive display of Vilya's powers (also linked with the true Nature of the Three Rings) as an ultimate supportive spell?  :)
I always think about Elrond's current Restoring power, but enhanced and linked with Vilya.

Saluti.

DieWalküre
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2015, 20:59 von DieWalküre »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #222 am: 28. Sep 2015, 20:53 »
The collected ideas in the first post are very interesting. I agree with the changes of the level 10 ability
So you also agree that whirlwind is quite exaggerated and that vilya should better fit to the rest of elven rings. As we suggested - some ultimate heal fits perfectly and such heal is de facto currently implemented at level 8 in the game (I think). There can be only change for higher level and the picture of vilya will be the same as well.

Imladris should be one of the worst cavalry factions in Edain, because it has definitly the best melee units in game. Personally i think that a horse doesnt fit for Elronds gameplay and role.
Well, horse was only one of the ideas how to eliminate whirlwind. xD
Yes, for the game play perspective Imladris definitely has one of the best infantry, but my analysis is based on these arguments with numbers:

He is a mass slayer with support abilities.
Finally you've confirmed my worries that he is also mass slayer, cause he is really mix man ...  :P
In that case he should primarily be hero supporter and then mass slayer. For his mass slayer role there is suggestion concerning flood which is - again - based on lore. Flood is very iconic for them and I think that deserves definitely more attention than only some water splash at level one (and yes, than some whirlwind which will have Alatar and lightbringers, either way).

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #223 am: 28. Sep 2015, 20:56 »
Zitat
So you also agree that whirlwind is quite exaggerated and that vilya should better fit to the rest of elven rings. As we suggested - some ultimate heal fits perfectly and such heal is de facto currently implemented at level 8 in the game (I think). There can be only change for higher level and the picture of vilya will be the same as well.
Yes, thats what i meant.^^

I agree that elronds whirlwind doesnt longer fits for vilya. I will think about that.

Zitat
cause he is really mix man ...  :P
Got me.  :D

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #224 am: 6. Okt 2015, 19:41 »

The robes are still essential, I believe  :)
You have to consider the role of Elrond in the Third Age (especially the Late Third Age) and the nature of Imladris itself.

Elrond is indeed a great commander, with an unmatchable experience that goes back to the First Age, when he experienced the War of Wrath and the Splendour of the Host of Valinor.
But, we shouldn't forget that Elrond, in the Late Third Age, is a powerful Elven Lord, who lives in an enchanted Holy Sanctuary that he himself has established; his powers are thus definitely focused on healing and restoring, and preserving what is left of the Elves in the World, always trying to achieve the typical and utopian Elven Wish of protecting their creations from the Flow of Time and Decay, as it happens in Valinor.

That's why, even though it kind of is a lost cause, I always supported a concept that contains all these aspects (robes, normal armour and DG armour)  :)
And, this is also the reason, analysing the nature of Elrond, Imladris and the Three Rings, why I always rooted for the 'abolishment' of his Tornado, and a more conceptual and lore accurate display of Vilya.