29. Mär 2024, 15:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Galadriel  (Gelesen 106665 mal)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Galadriel
« Antwort #180 am: 12. Mai 2017, 14:34 »
Even if i'm not a fan about the banishment of Sauron in the way PJ intepreted it(as stated yourself: it was a bit grotesque  8-|) i like your concept very much. I think Galadriel deserves something more in this sense. Edain's Galadriel is of course centered as a supportive hero, nevertheless we all know that is capable of doing much more than this. I like the idea of unleash this seaweed form because it reveals another terrible aspect of her (terrible and dark but not necessary evil as you said). Furthermore,as i wrote for Gandalf in the Narya's thread, i like the option to give a second chance to those magic-heroes to defend themselves from hero-killers and monsters.   

Graphically speaking i'm in favour of some non-CGI version. Also the BFME II model seems to be fitting  ;)

I read carefully all the reasons and premises you wrote and i think balance constraints are well designed if not too much severe :) (maybe we can give her direct melee attack but in a much less powerful way with respec to the dark queen from).

I'm, in conclusion, in favour of this concept  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #181 am: 12. Mai 2017, 14:51 »
It's great to hear that you also appreciate another of the major concepts proposed by the Edain Community. A proposal in which all parts involved poured a lot of pondering and energy. By my side, similarly to Gandalf's specific situation, finding the right compromise among different aspects (and the different interpretations of that scene) was the most daunting phase of the process. But I would be lying, if I said that I'm not content with the final outcome: it is the dearest concept to me, for it was initially born a couple of years ago, in the form of a simple addition, until I and the other people who helped managed to come to the just conclusion, via polishing and progressively adjusting our suggestions. Needless to say, it also deals with my favourite character :P

Restrictions may be severe, it's true, yet adding a basic attack would make things more complicated to handle. Wrath of the Elven Queen (which I recently crafted) makes up a bit for her (needed) offensive lack while in that form.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #182 am: 12. Mai 2017, 17:03 »
It will be greateful to unleash the power of the Elven Queen  :D
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/2/1673/1672467/thumb_620x2000/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8miogj0c4eckcs0ksscs40ccw_640.gif

As animation of the power i like the one of Wrath of the Winter of Chronicles Edain submod. It's a cool white shockwave i think would be fitting :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #183 am: 12. Mai 2017, 17:18 »
Yes, that display of power would exactly compensate her offensive inertia, although the ability itself doesn't deal considerable harm and it is more meant to create distance from the enemies 8-)

I don't know the animation you referred to. Can you provide a screen or brief video of the effect? Nevertheless, I guess a general white shockwave would be very much fitting.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #184 am: 12. Mai 2017, 17:30 »
That's what i'm talking about 8-) (first power showed in the video):
https://youtu.be/U8mHuIij5fY

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #185 am: 12. Mai 2017, 17:43 »
Ah, ok. That's Ealendril's Submod. I had not realised it.

You're right! That rendition is probably the nearest thing to the actual blast of BOTFA. If it's possible to clean it from Sauron's sound and that heating effect at the beginning, it would be much better. As a new addition, Word of Power's swift sound will do well :)

I shall add the video to the presentation post.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #186 am: 12. Mai 2017, 18:01 »
Exactly i haven't specified that but the sound is clearly not fitting so needs to be replaced ;) And also the heating effect. i'm happy you like it xD.
If i understand well it's a total Ealendril's creation this particular shockwave (i don't remeber to ever seen something similar in Edain neither in the vanilla game). So maybe we can call his aid and also ask for his permission  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #187 am: 12. Mai 2017, 18:06 »
Ealendril is no longer the leader of the Edain Team, nor is he still an active member. Said that, I think all contents from the Submod (which is related to the Edain Mod) may be used by the Edain Team without any problem. As for graphics, I suppose it's a matter of codes (thus viable); if it's not, I don't think modifying that would be a so daunting of a deed :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #188 am: 12. Mai 2017, 18:18 »
Yes i know i read his message on moddb some months ago :( . I used the word "call" in the sense if he wander around here sometime maybe he can help. But probably he hasn't time enough  :(. Anyway my friend your are right probably it's only a matter of code.
As for the contents and rights of the team you are surely more updated and learned than me  :) 
i want to say it's an honor to have found a new idea for your beautiful concept  8-)

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #189 am: 17. Mai 2017, 10:48 »
DieWalkure, I like your ideas. You have my yes.

The_Nazgul

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #190 am: 17. Mai 2017, 11:02 »
Some great wonderful ideas here!
No, I Don't like the Seaweed form really, i LOVE it!
Everything needed has been said and discussed in terms of balancing the powers and i like how this can only be activated when she is on low health and only can be activated in great needs.

Having an temporary ancient terrible form for her as an elf who followed the mighty feanor, who lived under the might of melian and the one who gathered knowledge and wisdom for over 10,000 years and finally the bearer of the ring of protection, nenya .

So as a ring-wraith i withstand with the might of ancient and have nothing to add therefore as 22 persons have already merged their aspects on this topic.
You have my morgul blade!

Btw i love your avatar DieWalküre the goddes of war, athena and the goddes of love, artemis were (still are) my favors in greek mythologies!
Age of Mythology was also awesome, i have a lot of memories with it..Oh those good old RTS games shall never be forgotten!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #191 am: 17. Mai 2017, 12:09 »
DieWalkure, I like your ideas. You have my yes.

And you have my sincere gratitude for having given way to the proposal. I shall gladly include your name too :)

Having an temporary ancient terrible form for her as an elf who followed the mighty feanor, who lived under the might of melian and the one who gathered knowledge and wisdom for over 10,000 years and finally the bearer of the ring of protection, nenya.

Btw i love your avatar DieWalküre the goddes of war, athena and the goddes of love, artemis were (still are) my favors in greek mythologies!
Age of Mythology was also awesome, i have a lot of memories with it..Oh those good old RTS games shall never be forgotten!

Your lively enthusiasm does please me a good deal, dear ring-wraith. You have pretty much summarised the essence of my concept, which I think that only a project of this magnitude (the Edain Mod) could genuinely bring to life. It is an ensemble of prime elements, both from the canonical sources and from the Hobbit trilogy equally; yet everything is measured and fittingly adapted to the contingencies of the very game. I'm sure this idea of ours will absolutely magnify Galadriel's overall role. She, who existed before the first dawn and sunset of Arda 8-)

It's true. Our beloved Age of Mythology shall always be remembered in the annals of strategy and mythology/antiquity themselves. My childhood has deeply to do with this acclaimed series and the game thus gave me irreplaceable memories of the past. Really merry times. Furthermore, yes, I love Athena. Not everyone probably knows that her earlier characterisation (Homer's epic compositions) was thoroughly intertwined with war. Yet she represents a different kind of war, for she is the personification of the just war (fighting for ideals), military strategy and justice. The nemesis of Ares, who instead embodies all the tragedies that war causes, along with cruel and senseless violence. The two gods fought once, and Athena obviously towered over his divine brother ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #192 am: 21. Mai 2017, 13:57 »
Whilst collecting the sound for the Ulumúri, I also bumped into other interesting tracks, that I think might do well for Galadriel. Specifically, I found a new sound for her basic attack against buildings, which could replace the current effect or be simply mingled with it. It is a mixture between lightning and thunder, recreating the atmosphere of a storm (whose duration is moderately short and thus apt for the case). The rumbling of stormy weather will undoubtedly give a very impacting of a result in the game, symbolising the might of whom casts the attack. Although I had already proposed a similar rendition, my attempts would often be frustrated by the lack of a proper ensemble or by an inadequate duration.

Moreover, I have another suggestion. I have a sound that could be used for Eerie Aura, or for her in general, as a passive theme that goes in loop (perhaps with a proper interval). The track is perfect to convey the idea of the eerie emanation of Seaweed Galadriel and to give the impression of a pervading magical spell that surrounds her.

Sounds: Storm and Eerie Aura.

REAPER357

• Hobbit
« Antwort #193 am: 10. Jan 2018, 03:12 »
You have my major support with this idea m8...

And here are few suggestions from the lore side of our beautiful Lady of the Light:
First, if you hadn't played BOTTA mod of BFME2 check it out ( i am not comparing), Galadriel per say is not very well done mechanically but there are interesting ideas about the hero model which i would like to point out but can't find pictures or other data to display... (I will reference what i mean at the end)

Let's talk appearance.. That non CGI seaweed form that you showed is gorgeous.. Perfect one might say... but (I'll try not to get to deep into the lore but try to understand where I am coming from with this) I would prefer that non CGI seaweed form for her to have when she takes the ring, and perhaps the current model of "Dark" queen to be the appearance of the stance she changes into willingly...

Explanation: Galadriel is the Lady of the Light. I dunno why it's generally thought that she would go Dark by taking the ring (bear with me :D ).. She has enough will power to contest Sauron and with that in mind she would be able to utilize the One ring as she would wish.. It would enhance her power.. The One ring would in the end game deceive her of thinking that her goals justify the means of her doing bad things but it wouldn't be as obvious as going full Dark... And that is why I adore that non CGI photo that you posted.. It gives a feeling of her being her with just little subtle bits of darkness.. (check this out for better understanding of what i mean..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnhIWdW5_8&t=5s )

On the other hand.. These are my thoughts on the form that she takes in FotR and BotFA:  She is powerful by default, no doubt about that, but I feel like, that in situations that require more, dire moments (like at Dol Guldur), she just channels all the power she has at once to deal with the threat causing her to appear Seaweed like because of a lot of power and exertion.. That is why she drains rapidly as you yourself stated..

With the One ring she would wield enough power at all times so she would never have to exert herself to that extent as without it (I'm not saying that seaweed form is more powerful.. It isn't.. Just is harder to sustain and shows the short burst of power).. That is why I feel like the forms are more suited this way..

Abilities: As far as this goes, I think that you pretty much nailed it to the spot.. I agree with not putting earthquake (It'd be OP) but I'd like to see perhaps 50% dmg boost to auto attack against buildings (over the initial boost to auto attack in seaweed form) and her range of auto attack lessened (not to melee range) compared to normal form but with a slight knockback (like the original model in BFME2 )..

The mod that I mentioned (Battles of the Third Age) has Seaweed form and her manual form switch already, and her "Dark" queen form when equipped with the One ring, so I really recommend taking a look for inspiration.. It's not so well done in other aspects compared to Edain mod..

She also has one ability called "White Blast" or sth, that would very well fit to your Wrath of the Elven Queen.. It is a targeting ability and when casted it blasts the initial enemy with high damage and blasts away surrounding enemies dealing moderate damage... Pretty nice animation for it also.. (In that mod she has that ability in normal form though I'd like to see it in seaweed)..

Finally, ability names:
I would name form switch "Wrath of the Elven Queen"  (you may make it so that she drains power or just make it so that duration is not long and that cooldowns may be used once per form switch, and that last ability ending it prematurely)

1st ab: Eerie sounds a bit silly ( :D not worthy enough of our Queen if you get me) , I'd go with sth like "Latent aura of the Noldor" referencing her strong elven heritage or "Radiance of the Two Trees" or just "Aura of the Two Trees" :) dont have it that allies get the debuff also plz.. Leave that for Ring form..

2nd ab: Name it a blast of some kind.. Dunno.. Perhaps "Light blast" or just simply "Blast" (as it is a spell with the single intention to damage and blast.. it would feel epic just naming it "Blast")

3rd ab:  (if you don't use 'Radiance' for first spell) this one could be "Radiance of confinement".. "Light of the Earendil star" (make it so that it works on every hero except ring heroes, cuz she has more power than anyone else honestly)

4th ab:  This could be "Wrath of the Elven queen" as well , "Sterling power of light" or sth..

One more suggestion considering general model of Galadriel as a hero in this mod.. Give her most of the abilities at the beginning (if not all) just lessen them accordingly and make them increase with each level.. She is one of the oldest beings on middle earth so having her with 1 ability is kind downgrading much.. And for crying out loud give her a heal.. She is almost literally the incarnation of light in Tolkiens middle earth.. let her heal allied units with auto attack (aoe, so 5 soldiers i. e. , and when healing heroes to be a single target heal but a bit more potent) in normal form when not in combat, that would be dope..

I rest my case with this.. She will have enormous skill set (true) but with proper scaling that can be balanced easily...
Btw, I could probably do most of the things about this new form myself in a day or two (not much coding needed, just copy/paste and some stats changes) but some1 needs to show me how to edit Edain :D

P.S. Wal, it's your fault this is a bit long.. You inspired me greatly ^^ :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #194 am: 12. Jan 2018, 17:56 »
May you be praised, really! Thank you so much for having accepted the advice and stated your frank opinion on the matter; it is always needed. This is the concept I am fond of the most and it's thus ever-refreshing to discuss it with other good souls :)

It pleases me a good deal the fact that we eventually share a similar vision in regards to the seaweed form. It's quite unfortunate that it got misinterpreted or heavily chastised, sometimes, although I recognise that the whole articulate lore construction that sustains my logic might prove very tough to go through; that's why it took me some time to conceive the very reasoning. And, I tell you this, it is in fact a matter of wrath. Not entirely in the strict physical definition, because it also has to do with her sorrowful past, concerning therefore grief in equal manner. Namely, it is her fierce hatred and contempt for anything committed by either Morgoth or Sauron. Quality that merges with her ancient magical knowledge and finally results in an impressive combination. And this very theme draws the line between her being tempted by the One Ring (her long-time ambitions, entombed in her heart) and our seaweed appearance. I would like to stress this difference, as it is fundamental for our scope: exploring an additional side of her character, without our attempt turning into a replica of other existing elements. In brief words: we desperately seek uniqueness and I made sure that the concept itself was unique (I hope).

In line with the aforementioned points, I would like the switch option to be named as it currently is: not only is it a comprehensive definition, comprising what I explained above, but it also references her very old power. She's one of the oldest beings left and this I find very pivotal to mention. Moreover, I also guess that the other names are equally apt for our case; they all have a reason behind: the blast focuses on her wrath and kind of connects to the general (wrong) assumption among mortals that Galadriel is the Elven Queen, the third ability is a direct quotation from one of her lines in the very film and the last one just had to be named that way (Sauron is literally banished from his infested fortress and the mentioning of the Void should remind one of the very immaterial prison in which Morgoth was confined). As you may see, every word is measured and serves a purpose. Nevertheless, I quite agree with Eerie Aura: I liked the alliteration of the sound, yet the adjective seems not so much fine-tuned. What about Uncanny Presence? The very adjective conveys the exact vision of something both mysterious, unexplainable and that causes dread at the same time (how magic was often perceived by lesser beings, even when performed by good characters).

Besides, I'm very glad that the concept inspired you to write an essay or, as we call it, wall of text. Thanks for the compliment; you made me weep a little. I did weep :D