28. Mär 2024, 15:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Galadriel  (Gelesen 106623 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Lady of light vs Dark queen
« Antwort #30 am: 17. Jul 2015, 18:26 »
she can use a horse too
It would be nice contrast - her extremely slow walk (because she wants stay fabulous) vs fast horse riding. So please, no! xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 17. Jul 2015, 19:06 »
i think she can use a horse too a white one

Actually, in the books (ROTK), she has indeed a beautiful white horse, and she rides it on her way to the Grey Havens  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 17. Jul 2015, 19:28 »
By the way - I've checked many passive abilities in the game and it seems that my armour/attack bonus for both forms is quite underpowered (in comparison with ring heroes and even with normal heroes). What about on level one + - 10 % and level ten  will finish with + - 50 %?
Or maybe better - bonus for attack will stay 5x5 and only armour bonus will have 10x5.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Jul 2015, 19:45 von TiberiusOgden »

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #33 am: 25. Jul 2015, 02:10 »
Great Galadriel idea! tiberus

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #34 am: 26. Jul 2015, 14:07 »
By the way - I've checked many passive abilities in the game and it seems that my armour/attack bonus for both forms is quite underpowered (in comparison with ring heroes and even with normal heroes). What about on level one + - 10 % and level ten  will finish with + - 50 %?
Or maybe better - bonus for attack will stay 5x5 and only armour bonus will have 10x5.
Well since she is more for the "protection"sh should boost vastly the Armor! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:34 »
Great Galadriel idea!
Thanks! xD

she is more for the "protection"sh should boost vastly the Armor! :)
I agree and I've already implemented it for my proposal.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Galadriel
« Antwort #36 am: 3. Aug 2015, 19:25 »
The Valkyrie of MU has a great new brand Avatar (thank you CMG), and it's back in her full glory  8-)

So, given the fact that Lothlórien could be the next faction to be released, or, if not, it will be released probably by the end of this year, I want to do a small detailed analysis on Galadriel, the most powerful (and expensive  xD) hero of this faction (or, at least, I hope  :P) and its unquestionable leader.
Instead of my previous lore posts, I decided to base all these considerations on the very gameplay, and expose what I like more and what I like less of the new great concept of Galadriel, on behalf of the information that the Edain Team gave us about Lothlórien in the ModDB news.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-40-lothlorien-part-2

GALADRIEL'S ROLE

One of the biggest innovations about her concept is the radical change of her role.
Galadriel will be a Building Destroyer and a Hero Supporter; but, apart from her unique and characteristic primary attack against structures, her powers will be mostly and rightly targeted to supporting your heroes and the allies' ones, as it is the role of Galadriel in the War of the Ring, a Guardian that gives precious advices and Gifts to the Fellowship with her immense Knowledge and protects with her sensational Magic all her realm from the evil powers of Sauron.

I have to say that I really appreciated this radical and significant change, as Galadriel was, in the Edain Mod 3.8.1, not so much attractive overall (being still a good character), as if her attack and abilities didn't match her role in the faction, both for the gameplay and the lore.
And I greatly appreciate as well, as you'll see in the next conclusions, that her powers will give her a far more active and significant role in her faction, since, 'technically' speaking, she will be able to personally give her own precious Gifts and grant a vision in her Mirror without the help of a power of the Spellbook or an upgrade of the fortress.
The fact that Galadriel will personally do these things is crucial and very indicative for her active role as a hero.

I also would like to remind everyone that, although I totally like the addition of the subfaction of Mirkwood and I like Thranduil very much (even more than Celeborn), the star and leader of the faction is Galadriel  :P

GALADRIEL'S POWERS

Now some direct considerations about Galadriel's powers  :)

- GLANCE OF THE WHITE LADY: Iconic ability of hers from the previous version of the game; it resembles also the Light that she emanates when she first meets the Fellowship in FOTR (film).

- GLANCE IN THE MIRROR: It was an interesting and unique tool of the fortress, that now Galadriel will personally use as her own personal power; this power indicates her role has a Hero Supporter.

But the problem about this power, I think, are the possible negative effects that can have, making this power a quite 'dangerous' and unpredictable tool.
This power could thus turn out to be a quite ineffective, if not counterproductive power, for the most powerful hero of this faction.

I don't want it of course to be changed, because, not only is it an unique ability of Galadriel, but also, it's not her fault if the heroes get frightened a bit of what they see in her Mirror  :P
But a possible solution will be explained later, in the considerations about her primary attack.

- VISION IN THE MIRROR: A fundamental ability of Galadriel, the most powerful Foresight ability in the whole Edain Mod, no other words needed  8-)

- GIFTS OF LÓRIEN: The power of hers that I like the most after Nenya.
The power that really indicates her status as the leader of the faction and a Hero Supporter, by giving precious and unique Gifts (upgrades) to all the heroes of Lothlórien, making you really 'feel' her importance and role as a character  8-)
Needless to say, this unique option was once a power of the Spellbook that now Galadriel will personally activate.

But an issue comes, I think, once the power has already been used for all your heroes, and they are all present on the battlefield.
In this situation, this power will naturally become useless for her, and it's a pity, considering that it is a level 7 ability of the leader of a faction, leaving her very vulnerable to the threats of Hero Killers or other units; adding also that her level 3 power (Glance in the Mirror) could also affect negatively your own heroes.

One could also say, however, that, once the Gifts have been handed to the heroes, this will result in a significant enhancement for your heroes and your faction overall, compensating the flaws of this power.
I totally agree with this objection, because, again, I don't want this power to be changed, since I think that a possible and alternative solution for Galadriel's 'safety' could be found about other abilities of hers; I will explain it later, as for the one of the level 3 power.

- NENYA'S PROTECTION: I won't add any other wall of words about this matter, because I think I have already explained everything (for the lore and the gameplay) in my long rivers of text in previous posts, that can be easily found on this forum for whom needs them  :)

I will just say that the temporary Protection of Nenya should be extended also to the surrounding structures, for the very nature of Nenya and Galadriel's powers related to her realm (an enchanted realm), resembling, if it's possible, the extraordinary previous tool 'Schutzbann Caras Galadhons', previously available in the fortress.
This would put Galadriel on a complete different level, reaching a perfect combination between the lore accuracy and the uniqueness required for a level 10 ability of a leader/ring hero, uniqueness, that you, Ealendril, always like and research  :)
Galadriel will thus be, incorporating three previous tools available through the Spellbook and the fortress (Glance in the Mirror, Gifts and Protection of Caras Galadhon) a real 'Walking Fortress', since she is the Fortress and Walls of Lothlórien, because its Protection and Bliss depend on her.

- PRIMARY ATTACK: And here we are to her sensational and unique primary attack.

Few words needed: I love it  ;)
Very unique and characteristic, but, to summarise a bit, there are some things that I would add, also to compensate those previous flaws of her powers that I previously mentioned, granting her a quite strong and sufficient capability of defending herself.

- Primary attack against units: It's really good, but I would also add a moderate knock back effect, to grant her a better possibilty to escape, but also, because the knock back effect indicates her status as a superior High Elf, superior to all the others in the game, an unique characteristic of her strength and character.

It would also resemble her white blast in BOTFA.

- Primary attack against structures: It's simply sensational, and, as the ET wrote in the news, it refers perfectly to the destruction of Dol Guldur by Galadriel  8-)

Just a proposal: I don't know if you added any particular sound for this attack, but I think that a storm sound, like the one of Gorthaur's fortress, will be perfect.

Storm (Weather) > Earthquake (Ground)  8-|

These are my ideas, and I sincerely hope that they won't go unheard.
And I also thank the Edain Team for its significant changes of Lothlórien and its work  ;)

I leave you with this beautiful image that I created, modifying a previous picture  (**)

« Letzte Änderung: 3. Aug 2015, 23:33 von DieWalküre »

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #37 am: 3. Aug 2015, 19:36 »
Tiberius, what can you say to allay my concerns about Galadriel being too powerful? And she is my favorite Tolkien female character, so I do like her. :D I just think Sauron, Saruman, and Gandalf should all be more powerful.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #38 am: 3. Aug 2015, 20:12 »
i think they are powerful but galadriel should be more  not more than sauron but kinda same lvl and more powerful than sauron if she takes the ring

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 3. Aug 2015, 20:46 »
Tiberius, what can you say to allay my concerns about Galadriel being too powerful? And she is my favorite Tolkien female character, so I do like her. :D I just think Sauron, Saruman, and Gandalf should all be more powerful.

I think that there is no problem then  :)

Galadriel, Saruman, Sauron and Gandalf are the leaders/ring heroes of their respective factions, they all are/should be more powerful  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #40 am: 3. Aug 2015, 20:52 »
i think galadriel made it prrety clear in the movie how powerful she will be  xD xD xD

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #41 am: 3. Aug 2015, 21:16 »
i think galadriel made it prrety clear in the movie how powerful she will be  xD xD xD
Movies aren't always 100% accurate :p

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #42 am: 3. Aug 2015, 22:35 »
nope  xD xD xD

The information about Galadriel's new abilities and role were released by the Edain Team at the end of November 2014, in the news about Mirkwood.
And I had already written it in my post/analysis.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #43 am: 3. Aug 2015, 22:43 »
nope  xD xD xD

The information about Galadriel's new abilities and role were released by the Edain Team at the end of November 2014, in the news about Mirkwood.
And I had already written it in my post/analysis.  i think a discussion were made about galadriels skills so i was thinking maybe they changed them my bad 

didint know that because i was not around at 2014
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Aug 2015, 23:47 von Gandalf The Gray »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Galadriel
« Antwort #44 am: 4. Aug 2015, 21:54 »
But an issue comes, I think, once the power has already been used for all your heroes, and they are all present on the battlefield.
In this situation, this power will naturally become useless for her, and it's a pity, considering that it is a level 7 ability of the leader of a faction, leaving her very vulnerable to the threats of Hero Killers or other units; adding also that her level 3 power (Glance in the Mirror) could also affect negatively your own heroes.

One could also say, however, that, once the Gifts have been handed to the heroes, this will result in a significant enhancement for your heroes and your faction overall, compensating the flaws of this power.
I totally agree with this objection, because, again, I don't want this power to be changed, since I think that a possible and alternative solution for Galadriel's 'safety' could be found about other abilities of hers; I will explain it later, as for the one of the level 3 power.
Exactly my thoughts and it was quite frequent kind of complaining on Moddb.com - that "Glance in the mirror" has negative effect for friendly heroes (so Galadriel works for enemy?) and that skill "Gifts of Lorien" maybe is not "real skill" for hero - first one is former fotress upgrade and second thing is former spell from Spellbook. Maybe this is reason why these spells are problematic for her as a hero.
Also spell "Vision in the mirror" - can be very useful for Multiplayer game, but against AI such spell is completely useless. But I am just saying - that spell has specific kind of balance. :P

- NENYA'S PROTECTION:
It's obvious that through that skill Galadriel protects her realm, but question is - is she protected as well? No she is not.
It's very nice that it affects everything around her (although for only short, very short time) but what reaction of the enemy will be? It's simple - he will send everything what he have against her. And Gladys is one of the slowest heroes and then she will be immediately gone. xD
If she will be protected as well, it will be quite problematic, because invulnerability have only tank heroes (like Thorin or Hama).

Neverthless, we can expect from Extended edition (or at least concept arts it described) that Nenya protects Galadriel as well:

Zitat
"We offered up ideas for how the confrontation might play out.  Azog was going to be there to harvest Gandalf's Ring of Power.  Philippa [Boyens] talked to us about Galadriel protecting herself and the prone Wizard from Azog through the power of her Elven Ring, Nenya, which would manifest flashes of fallen Elven heroes like Gil-galad or Earendil whenever tried to strike her.  He couldn't touch her."

Interesting idea about ring of protection:

She is simply untouchable :)

« Letzte Änderung: 4. Aug 2015, 22:14 von TiberiusOgden »