28. Apr 2024, 06:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Galadriel  (Gelesen 108054 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Galadriel
« Antwort #45 am: 5. Aug 2015, 14:36 »

True, the negative effects might end up to be a bit problematic for Galadriel, given also that her role consists in supporting absolutely positively your heroes and the allies' ones, and that, lore speaking, her advices always turned out to be very helpful and useful, though harsh they initially could seem; I have to say that 'Glance in the Mirror' is the ability I like the least among all her powers.

It's right that her Foresight ability is far more useful in Multiplayer games, but I don't mind it, since it will be the most powerful Foresight ability in the game, a very characteristic trait of hers  8-)

About the Gifts of Lórien, I totally agree with you about the possible problems involved, but, as I wrote above, I like very much this power, as it is a symbol of her status and it's a previous important spell that now Galadriel will personally activate, as she precisely does in the lore, handing personally the Gifts to the Fellowship.
So, given these issues, a possible balance solution, could be making the upgrades and bonus of the Gifts really relevant and effective, so that the other heroes can compensate the lack of 'offensive' powers of Galadriel; another solution, as I wrote in my previous comment, could rightly consist in enhancing her primary attack against units a bit, giving it a moderate knock back effect, granting Galadriel more chances to escape and defend herself.

Regarding Nenya, I sincerely hope that its powers will protect everything around Galadriel (units/heroes + structures), as it is a very reasonable and unique proposal for her  :)
And I agree with you, it's logical that Galadriel should be protected as well by her own Ring of Power, she is the Lady of Light after all  ;)
I also, graphically speaking, would add an effect, while the powers of Nenya are activated; I would make Nenya shine on her finger of a White Light, as Narya currently shines on Círdan's finger.
All the Three Rings should shine of a White Light on the finger of their Bearers  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Aug 2015, 17:24 von DieWalküre »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Lady of light vs Dark queen
« Antwort #46 am: 5. Aug 2015, 16:13 »
but elronds ring should shine a lil bit blueish

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #47 am: 5. Aug 2015, 16:43 »
All the Three Rings should shine of a White Light on the finger of their Bearers  :)
I agree. It will be very nice cosmetic detail.
Why only Cirdan has such utility? All three ring bearers should have the same conditions. By the way - Galadriel had such kind of cosmetic upgrade through gift from Celeborn in the previous version. He gave her some jewel which enhanced her abilities, so we know that it will work.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Lady of light vs Dark queen
« Antwort #48 am: 6. Aug 2015, 18:20 »
By the way, it's not completely true that PJ failed to represent the connection between Nenya and the sanctity of Lothlórien.
In this sequence, in the very first second (0.01), Aragorn sees from afar Lothlórien, beyond the clouds, and it's clearly visible that the Golden Wood is embalmed with an unnatural calm and sunny Weather, representing its ethereal and magical nature  :)

Galadriel at her best  (**)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wbOvoGqraKY

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #49 am: 8. Aug 2015, 00:45 »
I've just reworked the first page and normal form of Galadriel. Tomorrow I'll post also the rest of her forms, which will be reworked little bit, too. ;)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #50 am: 8. Aug 2015, 10:50 »
Good job! I agree with you: the gift ability has to be available earlier.
I would just swap Vision in the mirror and Strength of mind because I think the former abiltiy needs to come sooner, or at least not too late. Why? Because the longer the game lasts the more interesting is this spell: it's a pity to have to wait for a level 7 Galadriel to be able to start clearing the fog, right? Also your analysis on scout heroes is false, in my opinion, because having first a level 3, 5 or 7 Galadriel will ALWAYS give space to scout heroes. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #51 am: 8. Aug 2015, 16:00 »

You're welcome, Tiberius, books' quotes and videos are my element  ;)

Very interesting analysis, the Gifts of Lórien will be available sooner, making Galadriel immediately 'useful' for your heroes on the battlefield, in line with her role as a Hero Supporter.
I also agree with the changing of the Glance in the Mirror power, there already is an ability concerning the Mirror and possible negative effects can't be acceptable, in my opinion.
The Strength of Mind ability will represent perfectly her formidable telepathic powers, capable of helping the people who need Hope and Courage, and revealing and repulsing the evil intentions of the enemies.

It's possible that her Foresight ability will only be available on level 7, since we are talking about the most powerful ability of that kind in the game  8-)

Galadriel is mainly a Hero Supporter, so, given her pivotal role in the whole faction (Lothlórien and Mirkwood), I hope that the Edain Team will make her abilities really useful and decisive for your heroes; she is the most powerful and expensive hero of her faction, she has to be necessarily fundamental and 'attractive' as all the leaders of the other factions.
Galadriel is the Guardian of Lothlórien and protects her realm (units, heroes and structures) with her Magic and Nenya  :)

Regarding her primary attack against units, I hope that she will have her conceptual and characteristic white blast from distance with a knock back effect (as in the Edain Mod 3.8.1); Alatar's previous attack is interesting, a knock back effect from distance, but I don't think she should attack units also with Wind, because she will already use a Storm effect against structures (and the difference of her primary attack is indeed what makes her unique)  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #52 am: 8. Aug 2015, 22:15 »
I've expanded the first page about her two ring hero forms. Tomorrow I'll post some more comments. :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #53 am: 9. Aug 2015, 01:15 »
I've expanded the first page about her two ring hero forms. Tomorrow I'll post some more comments. :P

I like very much the concept of Blessed Galadriel, the fact that she gives resistance to Magic will make her really unique among the other Hero Supporters  :)

But, I must tell you, I definitely like more 'Memories of Laurelin and Telperion' than 'Light of Eärendil'  ;)
When Galadriel refuses the One Ring, she accepts her Destiny and she is more than ever closed to Valinor, emanating its Splendour (captured in her legendary hair).
The Two Trees of Valinor are the source of all the Splendour and Sorrows of the Ancient Times, source of the Silmarils and of the Sun and the Moon.

LAURELIN and TELPERION are EVERYTHING (by the way, the City in the background must be Valimar)  (**)

« Letzte Änderung: 10. Aug 2015, 00:40 von DieWalküre »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #54 am: 9. Aug 2015, 01:37 »
Tiberius, your analysis/thread is one of the best I have ever read (if not the best).
My absolyte support, keep polishing this idea/topic. :)
Can't wait for that mini upgrades. :P  ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #55 am: 9. Aug 2015, 21:21 »
Good job! I agree with you: the gift ability has to be available earlier.
I think that everyone here agreed. Cause in comparison with Sauron's influence or Dwarven rune keepers it has no sense to have this ability later than at level three.

I would just swap Vision in the mirror and Strength of mind
I don't. I think that in the middle should have something against enemy (although it will be only one ability against enemy) and it corresponds with her blessed form, who has skill against enemy at level five as well.

because I think the former abiltiy needs to come sooner, or at least not too late. Why? Because the longer the game lasts the more interesting is this spell: it's a pity to have to wait for a level 7 Galadriel to be able to start clearing the fog, right?
But we can say such argument about everything ... everything deserves to be sooner. :P
I've only compared it with Cirdan who has similar and very useful spell at level ten. Because that skill can be very useful in the multiplayer game and due to balance I've moved it at higher level.
And don't worry - it will have standard cooldown and radius is the like Elrond had in the vanilla game. It means that when you use that skill thrice on the map for two player - you will be able to see everything important.

Very interesting analysis, the Gifts of Lórien will be available sooner, making Galadriel immediately 'useful' for your heroes on the battlefield, in line with her role as a Hero Supporter.
Exactly. It was Tienety's idea. ;)

I also agree with the changing of the Glance in the Mirror power, there already is an ability concerning the Mirror and possible negative effects can't be acceptable, in my opinion.
The Strength of Mind ability will represent perfectly her formidable telepathic powers, capable of helping the people who need Hope and Courage, and revealing and repulsing the evil intentions of the enemies.
Yes, I really like it too. It's mix of effects but I removed bonus or negative effect for armour and attack - cause it has every hero ... I think skills recovering or "speed effect" represent skill much more better. :)
Also "Memory of Laurerin and Telperion" will be enhanced version of this spell. And mainly - she is still hero supporter, her role is the same, but at level 5 as a normal Galadriel and as a Galadriel blessed will have something against enemy.

It's possible that her Foresight ability will only be available on level 7, since we are talking about the most powerful ability of that kind in the game  8-)
I think so. It was second Tienety's idea. :P

Galadriel is mainly a Hero Supporter, so, given her pivotal role in the whole faction (Lothlórien and Mirkwood), I hope that the Edain Team will make her abilities really useful and decisive for your heroes; she is the most powerful and expensive hero of her faction, she has to be necessarily fundamental and 'attractive' as all the leaders of the other factions.
Galadriel is the Guardian of Lothlórien and protects her realm
Yes, honestly - she was always very problematic hero with problematic concept ... since ... since the first version. But it seems that we are finally on the very good way. :)

Regarding her primary attack against units, I hope that she will have her conceptual and characteristic white blast from distance with a knock back effect (as in the Edain Mod 3.8.1); Alatar's previous attack is interesting, a knock back effect from distance
Yes, Galadriel without knockback is like ... I don't know - Gandalf without wizard blast? She has knockback effect from the beginning and every important hero has knockback attack - Witch king, Sauron etc. and in the Lorien only Grimbeorn will have such effect. And honestly - it's only effect, it's not supposed to be strong, but attractive. ;)

I like very much the concept of Blessed Galadriel, the fact that she gives resistance to Magic will make her really unique
Exactly - as I said bonus for attack/armor provides everyone and it won't be unique. Also in the Lorien Haldir will provide such kind of bonus and Thranduil will have very strong leadership. It fits for them - they are army leaders but not someone who is walking through the battlefiedl barefoot and with long robe.
Mainly - Tolkien described her as a
Zitat
Mistress of magic
so logically resistance to magic for her and for units fits perfectly. 8-)

But, I must tell you, I definitely like more 'Memories of Laurelin and Telperion' than 'Light of Eärendil'  ;)
When Galadriel refuses the One Ring, she accepts her Destiny and she is more than ever closed to Valinor, emanating its Splendour (captured in her legendary hair).
The Two Trees of Valinor are the source of all the Splendour and Sorrows of the Ancient Times, source of the Silmarils and of the Sun and the Moon.
Yes, why not. Nice reference to the First age.

My absolyte support, keep polishing this idea/topic. :)
your analysis/thread is one of the best I have ever read (if not the best).
Thanks. It's supposed to be. xD

Can't wait for that mini upgrades. :P  ;)
You are not alone. For instance me too  :P ...

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #56 am: 9. Aug 2015, 22:00 »
Com'on, you got what I meant.  xD
Of course every relevant spell deserves to come sooner, but we're talking about a spell that can ultimately reveal the whole map. I mean the more you use this spell, the better it gets and that's why I think it deserves to come sooner.

Still, you have a point: it depends on the size that is revealed: if the area is as large as a castle, it would be brutally overpowered to get it early. On the contrary, I do believe that Vsiion in the Mirror and Strength of Mind need to be swapped.  ;)

"That still only counts as one!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #57 am: 9. Aug 2015, 22:11 »
if the area is as large as a castle

That's reason why I think that player should wait little and play primarily with scouts.
Also as I said - she needs something against enemy heroes sooner (in the middle) - at least slow down them as I suggested in the "Strength of mind spell", because with her Aoe attack will be extremely vulnerable against heroes and monsters. It's logical - she can't deal with single and strong target.

By the way map revealing spell has nice kind of balance. xD
Against AI it's useless but in multiplayer game it can be very useful.

« Letzte Änderung: 9. Aug 2015, 22:19 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #58 am: 9. Aug 2015, 22:14 »

Still, you have a point: it depends on the size that is revealed: if the area is as large as a castle, it would be brutally overpowered to get it early.

Yes, I think you have answered yourself  :P
And I think it too this way.

But everybody here is obviously entitled to its own opinion  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #59 am: 12. Aug 2015, 06:03 »
I personally likr and support Tiberius ideas !I think that thanks to those ideas the Blessed Galadriel will be much more conceptual and connected with her Normal Form! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."