28. Mär 2024, 15:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tips for Rohan  (Gelesen 5374 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Tips for Rohan
« am: 15. Jul 2015, 21:45 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain!^^

I've just ended a match with a friend, playing as Rohan, and I lost. Since it's not the first time I lose with Rohan, but I'd like to learn to use it, I'd like to ask you some suggestions on the better strategy to use (considering that I always mess the things up in the midlate game). This is my general strategy:
- One Flour Mill, Stud Farm and Hero Statue inside the base, while the starting units go in exploration. The first batallion builds a Stud Farm near the base, the other one tries to go to the farthest place to build a Farm
- Spamming Peasants in the early stages (also from any eventual external Farm), while building other external Stud Farms and another one of it inside the base. When enemy starts using cavalry/trolls, I build Farmhands, too
- Eowyn Shadeslayer (nicknamed by me after the damage she's able to inflict to the Nazguls XD), Merry and Theoden. Eowyn for killing enemy heroes, alone powerful units and in general to join peasants for experience. For Merry it's the same, while using his camouflage skills to secure importants places. Theoden is for support

However, this is basically when I screw anything up. Usually, at this point of the game, I have Peasants and Farmhands with Draft, Eowyn at level 4-5, Merry at approximately the same level, Theodred for the Sentry towers and I start building a Stable for the Rohirrim. However, my friend is quickly able to recover terrain, destroy eventual built outpost, and make my peasants completely useless. And when I start to recruit Rohirrim (I prefer the Eastfold ones), as well as Eomer (with Banishment applied) and the relative upgrades, it's always too late: my friend has an income so high it can repel all of my attacks, even by upgraded Rohirrim with Eomer, Theodred and Eowyn

I think my problem is I'm not able to build a decent economy to sustain the Rohirrim army, but I can't figure out how to solve this problem. What do you think? What am I getting wrong?
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jul 2015, 22:00 von DrHouse93 »

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Tips for Rohan
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Jul 2015, 22:45 »
I don't have so much experiences for PVP, only based on experiences against brutal AI, I think Gamling is very useful for early game. He could summon Lv 2 infantry permanently, with the  "banish" of Theoden to reduce cooling down time he could save a lot money for recruiting farmers in early game.
Stud Farm is not useful until you start to train Rohirrim, I would rather wait to build them in the settlement.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Jul 2015, 16:18 »
The standard start for most people playing Rohan is to immediately make corrupted Théoden, I make merry as well, and 1 outer farm. Then use Théoden's taxes ability on the outer farm, and get 2 resource upgrades on it ASAP. After that, I always focus on economy and creeping, upgrading all my outer farms fully before upgrading inner ones. Finally, Gamling is unquestionably the most important thing about Rohans early game. Getting him is not an option, its mandatory, I usually do after getting a couple of outer farms, before I even get a stables or any other military besides outer farms to make peasants from.

On the whole, when playing as Rohan you have to be extremely aggressive and active, not to mention fast. If your up against Isengard or Gondor, you automatically lose once the games been going on longer than 20 minutes, unless you have extreme map control and huge amounts of resources. Spam peasants like crazy, and have a balanced force of cavalry. Make sure to buy the cavalry forms of all of the captains of Rohan (Erkenbrand, etc.) and upgrade them quickly, I usually have all 3 of the captains by the end of early game, along with most of my heroes.

Also, this is a general tip for when up against Isengard, but do NOT let them get a steelworks. That is automatic GG. Hope these tips help :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Dez 2015, 18:46 »
I know my method seems rather unorthodox but it works everytime and very effective (for me anyway).

I skip the entire peasant spam and go right down to Rohirrim. Getting Theodred right off the back for his sentry defense to secure my farms seems to war off invading enemies, also I built about 2-3 studmills in my base and usually 2 studmills on the settlements as well; this reduces the Rohirrim cost with 100 resources. Obviously I start off with a stable in my base and (if possible) one rohan farm on a settlement to recruit about 2 more peasants to counter pikes. At this stage in the game I can get at least 2-3 Rohirrim battallilons to easily scale the map and trample enemies with ease delaying my enemy greatly.

When mid game arrives I usually have a decent amount of cavalry and a stable income (remember to upgrade your farms as soon as possible, this is a MUST to ensure the success of this strategy). Here is where I get Eomer for his spear throw and cavalry support as well as Theoden the corrupted to increase my own income. Because my cavalry is a much greater threat they are usually focused by my enemy, this although grants an opportunity to put those 4 peasants into action and take out the pikes while the rohirrim army tramples archers and infantry. I use my Cavalry and 2 heroes to take out enemy heroes. In the mid game it is very helpful to get Steppe of Rohan which allows your Rohirrim to even trample pikes with minimal damage.
When using this strategy I dont aim for any particular high level spells in the spellbooks; I rather focus on the first and second tier spells. Some very good spells for this method includes: Horn of Rohan, Steppe of Rohan, Breeding Horses, Simblemyne and Glorious King.

Near the end game I get Eowyn to further counter heroes and upgrades for my rohirrim army. At about this stage in the game you should also have Glorious King to get some more leadership for your cavalry army. With Theoden at level 10, Glorious Charge paired up with Eomer's Passive ans Breeding Horses can literally make your cav army invinsible crushing everything in your path and dealing high damage to buildings.