2. Mai 2024, 02:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Hero rushing  (Gelesen 6400 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Hero rushing
« am: 16. Jul 2015, 14:44 »
Heroic statues should cost 250 a piece (Instead of 100). That way, people will stop hero rushing. Another suggestion is to add another set of build-plots to the standard base of a good faction, where you can build them(And the healing well). That way they are not totally useless with this cost increase. Or you can just remove the cost decrease all together, and make it something nice to use when you need to defend your base. Make the statues give +100% armor, and 50% damage + fearlessness to allies that are near it.
Sup :P

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Hero rushing
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Jul 2015, 21:46 »
We'll lower the cost decrease to -30% at most with four statues and increase their cost to 150. We don't want to nerf them too much though - the hero rush strategy sucks, but the fact remains that nobody used statues at all before. So we'll try to find a middle ground. The statue buff for units will also remain for 30 seconds after the unit has left the radius of the statue so it will be a bit easier to make use of.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

ayhan94

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Jul 2015, 14:44 »
Hero rush tactic is a worst thing in Edain 4.1. When we play Edain, we don't allow it. Please fix it in the next patch.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Jul 2015, 15:06 »
Did you read the post above you? ;)

ayhan94

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Jul 2015, 17:48 »
Oh, I am sorry  :) Thats a good idea. Can you tell me when will new update come ?

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Jul 2015, 18:10 »
It is currently being tested internally. No release date has been specified.
RPG:

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Jul 2015, 22:42 »
Really are you saying that hero rush isnt effective? camon, 4 statues 1 farm( 2 if gondor) and 1 barrack its enough to make your evil enemie cry and your good enemie who dont use statues to loose his territory. heros are the best in battlefield, so if you allow this reduced costs, the best way to get a good early with dwarves and rohan is hero rush. After 15 min you have a small armie with all heros who can defeat big armies well used. I have played many games, before people start to ban statues from the start and i have won many of them. So hero rushing is very effective with a good timing of enemie recruitment, and a good known map. So good to know that this will change. I think best way is putting a price of 250 to statues, so that statues cant be built from start ( in standard matches) allowing players to get them later to get heros quicly when needed. many thanks to solve this.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Jul 2015, 17:34 »
By the way, have you considered reverting the last buff for heroes (+1000 HP for everyone) ? If this strategy is used that much, it is partially because heroes are stronger and can now hold better medium armies without help.

"That still only counts as one!"

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Jul 2015, 17:37 »
It's a possibility, but I think it's obvious the statues are the main problem at the moment. In the past, we've often overdone things with too many nerfs or buffs at the same time and got things out of whack, so we're taking it a bit slower now. We'll adress the statue issue first and then see how heroes are doing in a "normal" environment. If they're still to strong, we'll take further steps.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 19. Jul 2015, 20:46 »
. In the past, we've often overdone things with too many nerfs or buffs at the same time and got things out of whack.

'Often overdone' , so do you plan on buffing archers a bit? 90 command points, and barely do any damage.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
« Antwort #10 am: 21. Jul 2015, 19:18 »
This is the first Edain version in ages where archers are not brutally overpowered, and we're quite happy about that. So far I was under the impression that archers are still well worth using, in fact I often hear that many, like rangers, Uruk crossbows and axethrowers are still very strong. Ranged attacks and the ability to focus fire single targets are just extremely strong advantages, and archers in my opinion need to cost more CP than swordsmen because of that. They're not meant to be as strong as they used to, they should be support units in combination with melee troops. Of course, we're not generally opposed to buffing them if it turns out that archers don't play any important part in the game anymore.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 21. Jul 2015, 20:20 »
This is the first Edain version in ages where archers are not brutally overpowered, and we're quite happy about that. So far I was under the impression that archers are still well worth using, in fact I often hear that many, like rangers, Uruk crossbows and axethrowers are still very strong. Ranged attacks and the ability to focus fire single targets are just extremely strong advantages, and archers in my opinion need to cost more CP than swordsmen because of that. They're not meant to be as strong as they used to, they should be support units in combination with melee troops. Of course, we're not generally opposed to buffing them if it turns out that archers don't play any important part in the game anymore.

Could you quite possibly make elite archers have the same commandpoints as normal archers?
The ithilien rangers are great, but are they worth double the commandpoints of a gondor soldier battalion?  ;)

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #12 am: 21. Jul 2015, 20:30 »
Zitat
Could you quite possibly make elite archers have the same commandpoints as normal archers?
The ithilien rangers are great, but are they worth double the commandpoints of a gondor soldier battalion?  ;)
Because they are double so good how gondor soliders and very strong.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 28. Jul 2015, 21:49 »
After a few battles in this 4.1.1 I have to say that there isnt any fail on balance for now in any faction except the old, but effective hero rush. Well you have reduced to 30% the discount, but you have increased from 24 to 34 the farms production inside of the camp. So now you can get as soon as you could the heros in 4.1
I have to say that this tactic still being very usefull and, sadly the unique way to counter this tactic is also use hero rush to defeat the rush of your enemie. Also your enemie can let you a few outside farms to get all heros, because inside of his base the hero rusher can get lot of production and finally destroy your early armie.

So I have a suggestion to fix this. Put reduced cost to revival heros, not for buy them, only for revival them, In this way you will give a good passive to statues, and make them very usefull buildings preventing from hero rush, and giving players more tactics with good factions.
if you decide not to change this, well early game hero spam will be the future of the mod, I thought that with this reduction the statues become useless in early, but with increased economy inside the base...its the same while 4.1.

So I call to people who dont want hero rush in Edain to second this suggestion.
As always, thx edain team to create this master piece, and continue making magic and bringing us the middle earth ;D

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #14 am: 28. Jul 2015, 22:15 »
Have you a replay? Herorushing don't work very good at the moment after some tests.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #15 am: 28. Jul 2015, 23:17 »
Have you a replay? Herorushing don't work very good at the moment after some tests.
no I havent, but let me a few days, and probably I will bring 1. I have played against a person who use hero rushing specialy in 2 vs 2, where you can use easily this tactic.