16. Apr 2024, 14:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Overpowered late-game fixes.  (Gelesen 2366 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Overpowered late-game fixes.
« am: 20. Jul 2015, 23:30 »
Shield uruks should cost 60 command-points. Why? Because, they can almost beat citadel guards 1v1(They win if they got the Uruk captain), and the citadel guards are 90command points. And the only unit that can 1v1 the shield uruk combos is the Dwarven slaughterer (Iron hills).

And if anyone else has any ideas on how to make their late-game more balanced, and less op without ruining the faction, please post them here.
Sup :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Overpowered late-game fixes.
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Jul 2015, 17:22 »
I already posted this in the feedback section, but the best way (In my view) to make their late game balanced would be to make their units and upgrades more expensive. All the different economy upgrades and powers they get means they can make more money than any other faction, so their stuff should cost more too. This is how its handled in BFME1, and that game is extremely well balanced. With full 6 Furnace discount, Forged Blades and Heavy Armor should cost 400 to equip, banners 250, steel bolts 600, and captains 1000. Shield Bearers shouldn't be made more expensive cp-wise, but more expensive resource-wise, with full discount they should cost somewhere around 600 per unit. However, late game is not very problematic, because most people will do their best to shut you down as fast as possible, especially Rohan with their peasant spam. Early game Isengard is pathetically weak. It needs tweaking to both early and late game.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Jul 2015, 18:35 »
Uhm... In Bfme I the upgrades of Isengard are not more expensive than for other factions.

F.e. they cost exactly the same as for Gondor and both use their forges to get them cheaper (therefore one upgrades per batallion is about 420 if I'm not mistaken).

Additionally the Gondorupgrades give about the same boni as the Isengardupgrades, but one upgrade for Isengard is applied to 10 soldiers - but  Gondorupgrades only apply to 5 soldiers.

Therefore the upgrades of Isengard are cheaper than the Gondorupgrades if you compare them with their boni. :P
Mordor hadonly very few upgrades and Rohan had cheaper upgrades (if I remember correctly - haven't played them for a long time), but they are also only applying to 5 soldiers and not 10.

Therefore Isengard had the cheapest upgrades of all factions in Bfme I. :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Jul 2015, 18:52 »
Yes, but you have to take into account how strong their troops are, and the fact that they kill leadership with freezing rain. The point I was making is that Isen, with discounts, had fairly expensive upgrades, sorry if I got it a little wrong about Gondor having the same priced ups. Once there's an upgraded Isen army on the field in BFME1 there's very little anybody except another Isen can do about it. That's another reason I don't enjoy bfme1, because all the good factions can do is make cavalry and harass like crazy if the evil faction knows that their doing. In any case, having Isengard's upgrades be more expensive would still be a viable solution to help fix their late game, and I do understand their early game needs tweaking too.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Jul 2015, 03:38 »
Their commmand points should be raised because they are too good for 30 commandpoints.
Sup :P