7. Mai 2024, 23:35 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Iron Hills or Ered Luin get new and unique Outpost!?

Iron Hills should get the new Assembly Halls!
35 (58.3%)
Ered Luin should get the new Assembly Halls!
8 (13.3%)
No they should remain as they are with Lake-Town!
17 (28.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 54

Autor Thema: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills  (Gelesen 75714 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Jul 2015, 21:29 »
Just a random (really random) thought: what if Dáin could summon, as his level 10 power, one battalion of Ram Riders and another one of the legendary and so-longed Iron Hills pikes from BOTFA as his personal Royal Guard.
These two special units will be able to be summoned once in the game, and they will be replaced (still by Dáin's power) only if your current ones die.

It would be a nice way to implement these BOTFA concepts in the game as special and unique units, while the other ordinary units of the Iron Hills would remain unaltered  :P

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 21. Jul 2015, 21:40 »
Just a random (really random) thought: what if Dáin could summon, as his level 10 power, one battalion of Ram Riders and another one of the legendary and so-longed Iron Hills pikes from BOTFA as his personal Royal Guard.
These two special units will be able to be summoned once in the game, and they will be replaced (still by Dáin's power) only if your current ones die.

It would be a nice way to implement these BOTFA concepts in the game as special and unique units, while the other ordinary units of the Iron Hills would remain unaltered  :P
And why not this? 8-)
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31195.0.html

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 21. Jul 2015, 22:15 »

And why not this? 8-)
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31195.0.html

Great idea, and very logical  :)
Probably my idea was a bit less complex, but yours is indeed far more 'solid' and interesting for the gameplay  8-)

Tienety

• Gast
Assembly Hall for Iron Hills
« Antwort #18 am: 26. Jul 2015, 19:32 »
I with LordDainIronfoot have some better ideas for Iron Hills outpost: Assembly Hall.

I think that the Lake-Town is designed for Ered Luin. Thorin and his company visited the Lake-Town. Ered Luin needs faster units and Bard.
Why Hills Iron needs second hero only with bow(Bard and Drar have only ranged attack) or faster units in fortrees and also in outpost? :o

Assembly Hall will represent the dwarven meeting there Dain asks for help dwarves from other kingdoms, similarly as Thorin in hobbit movie.

We don't know much about the Iron Hills and his allies. Maybe Dain had alliance with dwarves from Grey Mountains and Orocarni. Actually they are not too far apart.
Map

Also, Thorin mentioned in book that he has kin in the mountains of the North(Grey Mountains are in north) and East. Dain and iron Hills army arrived first because they are dwells nearest to Erebor:
Hobbit, Chapter 15: THE GATHERING OF THE CLOUDS:
Zitat
Then Thorin burst forth in anger: “Our thanks, Roäc Carc’s son. You and your people shall not be forgotten. But none of our gold shall thieves take or the violent carry off while we are alive. If you would earn our thanks still more, bring us news of any that draw near. Also I would beg of you, if any of you are still young and strong of wing, that you would send messengers to our kin in the mountains of the North, both west from here and east, and tell them of our plight. But go specially to my cousin Dain in the Iron Hills, for he has many people well-armed, and dwells nearest to this place. Bid him hasten!”

Assembly Hall can have one of these designs:
or old design dwarven fortress from vanilla with some changes:

Assembly Hall will be a little more expensive(1500) than basic building of Lake-Town/Dale(800)

Assemble Table(with 7 representatives fo each dwarven clan) and Battle Tower are part of Assembly Hall.
Battle towert providing a better defense and Assemble Table offers a leadership:
Nearby friendly  units get +25% armor.

Similarly to Lake-Town or Dale, Assembly Hall can have some extensions with same system:

1) Dwarven tavern
Tavern produces resources and heals nearby units.

2) Dwarven balista
Unlocks Balista on roof on Assembly Hall.
Balista can have this design:

3) Assembly barracks:
Assembly barracks extension can have appearance one of three old dwarves barracks from 3.8.1:

Barracks unlocks dwarven units from Ered Mithrin and Orocarni:
  • Guardians of the Orocarni with mace and shield(max 3 units)
    Orocarni unit can have one of these designs:

• Phalanx of the Ered Mithrin(max 3 units)
  • Ered Mithrin crossbowmen(max 3 units)
    Ered Mithrin units can have old design of Veterans of Khazad-Dum:

Ered Mithrin and Orocarni units have better armor and are stronger against monsters and single targets than the Iron Hills units. You can have only 9 units from Ered Mithrin and Orocarni in same time.

Assembly barracks unlocks new hero, the Leader of Ered Mithrin dwarves:
Grimir:

We don't know about heroes from this area in books or movies. So, Grimir(or another name) can be leader of this dwarves. Grimir has only melee weapons. In addition, Iron Hills has own normal hero with a bow. Drar can be main archer in Iron Hills subfaction.

Grimir abilities:
Level 1: Defensive position
Grimir gives order to build defensive positions.
He summon two Ered Mithrin soldiers with big crossbow in selected areas for 30 seconds.

Level 3: Toggle Weapon
Switching between hammer/spear. Grimir now can use special anti-monster spear. Grimir with spear gets double damage against a monsters and cavalry, but he is more vulnerable against others units.

Level 5: Monster Hunter from Grey Mountains(passive)
Grimir inspires dwarves from different kingdom to battle against powerful enemies.
Nearby Ered Mithrin and Orocarni units gets resistance to fear and only half damage from monsters and heroes.

Level 10: Cry of the North
This power heals nearby friendly unit a little bit and makes nearby enemy units run away in terror, which includes monsters.

what do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Sep 2015, 07:43 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #19 am: 26. Jul 2015, 19:58 »
Needless to say that I agree and support the idea! XD
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #20 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:33 »
agree

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #21 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:40 »
Still I think that few Guards around the Building will feel like the Building is important and it will be cool!! XD
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #22 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:04 »
I love your idea, this guy always has great ideas
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #23 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:13 »
I love your idea, this guy always has great ideas
Well I am offended by that! :D :D

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #24 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:20 »
LordDainIronfoot you also suggests good ideas especially for dwarf factions  xD

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #25 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:22 »
LordDainIronfoot you also suggests good ideas especially for dwarf factions  xD
Ha ha ha!Tanks mate!But most of them we combine and think about them with Tienity to make them better and more balanced!So it is mostly like combined ideas from me and him! ;)

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #26 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:29 »
No wonder they are so good ideas

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #27 am: 27. Jul 2015, 01:14 »
well I have always found Thorin to be the more reasonable of the two xD xD xD

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Assembly Hall for Iron Hills
« Antwort #28 am: 27. Jul 2015, 17:17 »

Another great preposition guys! :)
I see that you integrate some of my thoughts from earlier reply. (I am honored. xD :))
First I  was thoughtful is this kind of structure appropriate for Iron Hills?
This idea was taken from that dwarven meeting in Ered Luin, so location of this building was there when we speak in general. But in that time from lore we have that anyone of dwarven clan leaders could call this meeting. (There was no hierarchy among them, all seven leaders was equal because no one of them was in possession of Arken stone.) So this building from lore aspects could be integrated in any of dwarven faction.) 
Well I have few advices to just little modify your preposition. (All in  accordance with Lore ;) )
About that cost increase, I agree completely.
Like that building expansions, tavern is nice, like that  "Assemble Table"  :P (Maybe to describe that leadership?) My prepostion is just to buff defence of nearby Dwarven units.  ;)
Catapult is also nice idea, but I think that is little boring. (Dwarfs = catapults, let's go outside the usual). My idea is to add balista instead of catapult somewhere on this building. It could be used model of Isenguard balista. Maybe something like this:
Assembly barracks can have same design like King Dain's, really don't see there anything for dispute. This is justifiably from timeline aspect. (Iron Hills used this kind of structure in one time point, many years later Dain used that barracks again when he is king of Erebor.)
About units, there is next:
Really like prepositions, again have some advices:
Orocarni units to use that design of old Khazad dum veterans, but they should have mace and shield, (Mace you suggested for Gray Mountains units) and this units to call Warriors from Ococarni  or Guardians of the Red Mountains or  Guardians of the Ococarni. My suggestion is to use Phalanx of the Ered Mithrin, because dwarves there lived and fight "every day" with cold drakes and other foul monsters, so in their favour to survive, they must mastered weapons which is good against monsters. (And in game that is Spear/Pike. :) )
Crossbows stays from Ered Mithrin. (Justified weapon against monsters. :) )
(While playing Wotn,I really liked all dwarves who dwelt in  Nordinbad.) 

Think that white hair is nice and unique after removing old Dain's model. :) :P
Few text changes I propose in accordance with Lore af course. :)

Level 3: Art of survival rename it to Survival in the Withered Heath. (Survival in the most dangerous region of the Ered Mithrin, reasonable suggestion?)

Level 5: Monster Hunter from Grey Mountains:
Grimir has experience from the fight against the dragons and others monsters in Grey Mountains.
I would prefer in that description cold drakes instead of dragons, in my opinion more accurate description. (Drakes are wingless dragons, there are Cold and Fire Drakes, in Ered Mithrin there was lot of fights between Cold Drakes and Dwarfs.(From Lore)) .

Other parts are nice and unique. :)

Tienety, I hope you will like this.  xD :P

« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jul 2015, 22:18 von CragLord »

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #29 am: 27. Jul 2015, 18:05 »
I like the amendment that iso CragLord with the idea that gave Tienety.