6. Mai 2024, 03:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Iron Hills or Ered Luin get new and unique Outpost!?

Iron Hills should get the new Assembly Halls!
35 (58.3%)
Ered Luin should get the new Assembly Halls!
8 (13.3%)
No they should remain as they are with Lake-Town!
17 (28.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 54

Autor Thema: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills  (Gelesen 75678 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills
« Antwort #210 am: 11. Sep 2015, 13:33 »

I agree ,the buildings are the perfect choice to represent their gold lust! :-)

Well Iron Hills already has an Sword Hero but that is not so important,I just think that as Leader of Monster Killings Dwarves he should use a weapon which is supposed to do more Heavy Damage like Two Handed Mattocl or Axe! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Sep 2015, 15:17 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #211 am: 11. Sep 2015, 18:03 »
I like you proposal. I say that your proposal is more reasonable if we take into consideration lore facts about nature of those dwarfs. Only those passive ability won't be unique, I mean it already exist in game (Dunland wildmen have this passive). 
So I will suggest that you integrate both suggestions into final concept because of that.
As I have said, I like proposal of yours, so you suggest that building "pillage" ability like first choice, and if team don't find it unique than you suggest my proposal about passive increase of attack speed.

About Grimir weapon, I really don't find sword not suitable, I mean from lore aspect swords also could be anti monster weapons, and if I remember well, Turin killed Glaurung with sword. :P
Two handed mattock or axe is also good choice, I propose this problem to be solved at the end. :P :)

Further, I have read some of previous comments from Dain, and there is some nice suggestions (about units Dain suggested some nice active abilities), so I have come to the idea of improving Grimir like anti monster hero.
First, I must also ask, how many palantir ability slots we have for Grimir? Other words, should Grimir have slot for Mithril armor or not? Other Outpost heroes don't have this slot, so I presume Grimir also won't have it. So there are five available slots for abilities and one for stances.

Current suggestion about Grimir's abilites:
Maybe we could think about Grimir like dps hero, or single target damage dealer?
First we should swithc level requirement for Toggle Weapon and Defensive position (aslo personally I am not found of that spear, simply because I really don't know how it will be included in model... And I had also suggestion of replacing that with some crossbow shot (similar to gimli's axe throw ability)).
So on level 1 Toggle weapon will be available and on level 3 defensive position.
I have suggestion, we have 5 avaliable slots, move cry of the north like level 8 ability and change it, because current description of ability already exist in game, Murin have almost same ability as this current suggested one.
So my suggestion is to move Cry of the North as lvl 8 ability, and it will be activated ability, so when Grimir activate it, he will be in special mod, more hp he lose, more attack speed he gets. This will be in agreement with his level 10 ability.
And for lvl 10 ability we will have for example ability Drake hunt,
I got inspiration from this picture
So this could be activated ability, usable on single target monster of hero, on usage dwarven spearman will be summoned in small circle around targer, so enemy monster or hero can't escape. This ability fits with Defensive position and Cry of the North ability.

So what do you think about this? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Sep 2015, 18:14 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #212 am: 11. Sep 2015, 20:43 »
awesome suggestion crag mate

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #213 am: 8. Okt 2015, 02:18 »
Well I think we all shared good ideas and suggestions and all that is left is to hope thar the Team will like them and take thwm into consideration!:)
But either way I think we  all have done great job and it was nice discussing all those facts and ideas!
Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #214 am: 8. Okt 2015, 10:58 »
Hehe, there are just some interesting news on the way. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #215 am: 8. Okt 2015, 11:00 »
Oh I am excited to see them!! :0 I really hold fingers crossed that they include Ered Mithrin and Orocarni Dwarves!!! :)  ithink we all here want to see them in Edain :D

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #216 am: 9. Okt 2015, 02:43 »
Just saw the update on moddb. Thanks team, you made the Ered Mithrin very awesome, and ofcourse a big thanks to the peeps who brainstormed about everything here!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #217 am: 9. Okt 2015, 02:52 »
Long time no see mate,glad that you are here!Yeah the Team made pretty awesome Ered Mithrin Dwarves and thank you we all did our best into polishing this idea! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #218 am: 9. Okt 2015, 14:01 »
Yes, we have put here crazy effort in developing new outpost idea.  :P
Team saw that and used this idea to consideration. Thanks to ET, and thanks to LordDain/Tienety who started this topic and all others who helped with further development of this idea. Also many thanks to you Fredius, you have started spreading this idea to german part of forum, so you have made great step in its implementation. :)

Cheers!   :) 

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #219 am: 18. Okt 2015, 16:14 »
Here is my "short" interpretation of Orocarni dwarves:

So I've seen quite a number of people wanting to see Orocarni dwarves in Edain, and I think I've got a solution for that! If it ends up in the game. Or... If anyone reads it.

Edain brought to us the beautiful Ered Mithrin outpost available for the Iron Hills. I thought it could be renamed to Gathering point, because the player would have an option to choose between Mithrin outpost or Orocarni outpost. Each subfaction would excel in something different than the other one, and have different weaknesses. In my opinion, yellow would be a good coluor scheme for Orocarni units.

DIFFERENCES:

Strengths - While Mithrin is undoubtedly a military outpost, unable to produce resources, Orocarni should be an opposite; a resource source for dwarves! What kind of resource source? Well, since you've asked... Quite uncommon for dwarves. We know about dwarven customs in the more "known" parts of Arda, but not too much about those that live further away. So, in contrast to known dwarves, Orocarni ones could grow their food by themselves, not buying it from men or elves. Because of that, it's logical that it has the greater amount of population, so battalions from Orocarni could be bigger than normal dwarven battalions.

Weaknesses - Just because it doesn't focus on military that much as Mithrin, it means it's units are less armoured, so there is a balance; Mithrin - quality, Orocarni - quantity. Also it is logical that it's harder to defend it since it's mainly a resource building.

Upgrades - In contrast to Mithrin which has either military or defensive upgrades, Orocarni should have an opposite:

-Additional farm: raises the resource production speed by 50%

-Banners: Grants dwarven units AND heroes with 60% armour (since Orocarni needs it more than damage) in medium radius. Additionally slightly heals ONLY heroes.  The armour bonus will stay 45 seconds after they left the effect radius.

-Defenders of the borders (same)

-Mighty crossbow: Arms the building with a huge crossbow, which, in contrast to a catapult is much faster, but it has no area damage.

Units -

Dwarven militia (melee)
Weaker than Mithrin zealots, but they come in a bigger number. They have random weapons varying between swords, axes and hammers.
Ability - Songs of the old: they gain 50% speed and are slightly healed for one minute.

Hunters (ranged)
They have no physical armour and are slow even for dwarves, but deal a lot of damage with their bows and have a great attack speed and range.
Ability - Poison arrows: they shoot poisoned arrows for 15 seconds and damaged enemies loose 50% armour and speed.

Chief Engineer (Single unit), one available at time
Cannot fight, he works similarly to Erestor; he is sent into a selected building and while he is inside, the units or upgrades are 20% cheaper.
You can choose the trait for him to follow, each costs about 200 resources and doubles his effect in certain building depending on which trait you choose.
-Mining engineer: he can be sent into mines or stone mansions.
-Smithing Engineer: he can be sent into forge.
-Architecting engineer: he can be sent into forge works.

LOOKS:

First and foremost; the building you build on Iron Hills outpost before you choose your subfaction would be the same , only when you choose Mithrin you get dragon bones. But when you choose Orocarni, colourful flags (mostly yellow) and lamps appear all over the building, to indicate how peaceful it is.

So this would be my interpretation of Orocarni, which a lot of people including me would like to see in Edain some way.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Apr 2016, 10:43 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #220 am: 18. Okt 2015, 18:55 »
^^I also imagined that yellow would be a fitting color for the Orocarni Dwarves. I really like your interpretation of them, it sounds interesting and unique - exactly what the Edain Team likes to implement  ;). I really hope they implement the Orocarni Dwarves, I would love to see them in the mod   :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #221 am: 23. Okt 2015, 23:54 »
^^I also imagined that yellow would be a fitting color for the Orocarni Dwarves. I really like your interpretation of them, it sounds interesting and unique - exactly what the Edain Team likes to implement  ;). I really hope they implement the Orocarni Dwarves, I would love to see them in the mod   :).

Thanks for your opinion! :) Actually red would be the most appropriate colour for Orocarni, but since red belongs to the Iron hills, I thought of shades of red; like orange. (Let's just forget pink.) But I think orange would look to similar to Erebor, so yellow would be the best for them. I also like imagining them in yellow :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #222 am: 24. Okt 2015, 10:27 »
Ealendril said that the Orocarni Dwarves are not planned to be included yet, but he also said 'that does not mean anything'  ;) So we can hope they implement the Orocarni Dwarves sometime in the future, with yellow being their distinctive color  xD

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"