16. Apr 2024, 08:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Rohirrim of the Eastfold not deal crush damage or receive crush revenge, and deal 40% extra damage to pikes? Additionally, without forged blades they deal extra damage to units without heavy armor, and vice versa to units with heavy armor

Yes
11 (55%)
No
8 (40%)
You like certain parts of this idea but not others, write what you don't like below if you pick this.
1 (5%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 17

Autor Thema: Make Rohirrim of the Eastfold a Useful Unit  (Gelesen 5591 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Make Rohirrim of the Eastfold a Useful Unit
« Antwort #15 am: 25. Jul 2015, 16:22 »
How should Mordor counter it?
How should the Goblins counter it?

Rohan wouldn't need to make these units against Mordor or Goblins, because both of these factions pikes are so weak that you can kill them with normal Rohirrim. But like I already said twice, these Rohirrim lose to swords and archers, because they cannot trample. Against Mordor's orc spam the Rohirrim of the Eastfold with these changes would be utterly useless, same with Goblin spam.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #16 am: 25. Jul 2015, 17:11 »
Zitat
I voted yes. But I have an idea on to not make this op. Make the rohirrim of the eastfold countered by other cavalry, this way they are not un-counter-able. :P
How should Mordor counter it?
How should the Goblins counter it?

Skeever, do you realize those two factions have trolls, and those will still counter the Eastfold rohirrim no matter what?
Sup :P

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #17 am: 25. Jul 2015, 17:27 »
Skeever, do you realize those two factions have trolls, and those will still counter the Eastfold rohirrim no matter what?
That's a good point, and that would add some incentive to make trolls, which right now are extremely weak and you never see any good player make them.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #18 am: 25. Jul 2015, 17:50 »
Zitat
Rohan wouldn't need to make these units against Mordor or Goblins, because both of these factions pikes are so weak that you can kill them with normal Rohirrim.
Mordor has Cirith Ungol.
Goblins has Gundabad Speers.
Zitat
Trolls are to slow to attack them.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #19 am: 25. Jul 2015, 18:10 »
Mordor has Cirith Ungol.
Goblins has Gundabad Speers.

The Cirith Ungol halberdiers are only 3 units, and glorious charge mops them up.
As for Gundabad spears I can't speak to them yet, as I never played 3.8.1, but I'm quite sure anything Goblins has is not gonna be that strong. In any case, faction hasn't been released yet, so I'm not worried about it.

Finally, for the trolls they don't have to catch them, they only need to act as a guard to prevent them from killing archers, which they can't do because THEY CAN'T TRAMPLE. This whole argument is a moot point, because they can only kill pikes reliably, archers would kill them before they could reach to engage in melee, swords would beat them in melee.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #20 am: 25. Jul 2015, 18:46 »

Zitat

Dude, that applies to every pike/spear unit in the game, yet cavalry is still getting killed by them.
Sup :P