27. Apr 2024, 14:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Palantír of Elostirion  (Gelesen 24059 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Palantír of Elostirion
« Antwort #15 am: 8. Aug 2015, 17:23 »
Thank you Walk. :)
You support is appreciated. I must admit, I was expecting you earlier, after all this palantír is connected with some of your topics . :P :)
Agree about deep connection between two stones, master stone in Eressëa and the greatest stone in Middle Earth, simply can't watch that graphic implementation in game anymore. That is reason why I started this topic. :)
P.S. Beautifull picture. :) Where do you constantly finding those pictures? :P

No one has ever called me 'Walk' before; from now on, I will regard it as your personal nickname for me  ;)

Exactly, the only Palantír which can go beyond the limits of the World and connect with the one of Eressëa; I think that it is indeed the means with which Círdan receives the 'orders'/dispositions of the Valar about Middle Earth (for example, the allowance of Frodo to follow the Elves to Valinor)  :)

DeviantArt is always the Heaven of the Silmarillion/LOTR/Arda pictures  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Aug 2015, 17:59 von DieWalküre »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Aug 2015, 17:32 »
can i call you walk to ???

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Aug 2015, 17:38 »
Looks like, they trying to pick you up, Brunhild. :P

I think, that image from third CragLord's spoiler is most adequate for this. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 8. Aug 2015, 17:57 »
You can call me as you want  :)

'Walk' is nice, and Brunhilde too  ;)

Now, I think we are totally going off-topic  :)
Let's just hope that a different picture for the Palantír of Elostirion will be implemented  :)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #20 am: 8. Aug 2015, 22:53 »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 8. Aug 2015, 23:05 »
Nice, I already see stars, big waves on sea under night in this palantir. :D xD

Like first one, this could be handy to ET like starting model of palantir. :)

Please start new topic about horses, don't spam.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:59 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Today I noticed a little mistake about the Arnor faction, and the Palantír of Elostirion is kind of involved.
I know it is not a fundamental issue, but it's still a not lore accurate thing, and I would like to propose something to fix it and improve it  :)

This is one of the pictures that have been previously proposed for the Palantír of Elostirion.
But I think it wouldn't be suitable at all, for two main reasons:

- It is currently already used for Círdan's power 'Into the West' (my favourite power of his).

- But, most importantly (this is the little issue), it's wrong; not because it is not a great picture, but because it represents Númenor, not the Undying Lands  :)
Númenor has little to do with Círdan; it indeed has with Arnor (as this is a Númenórean Kingdom in Exile in Middle Earth), but Númenor, at the time of Arnor and Angmar, was way sunk in the Sea after the Great Cataclysm.
Also, I think it wouldn't be nice using a picture of this Island for an Undying Lands-related power, since it was indeed Númenor which started the Rebellion against the Valar and attacked Aman  [ugly]

So, what about changing this picture and the one of the Palantír of Elostirion with more suitable ones?
I have a proposal at hand  :)

For the 'Into the West' power, I think that this would be the best picture.
It represents the arrival of Eärendil on the Immortal Shores of Aman, with the impressive sight of the Indestructible Wall of the Pelóri and the holy Mount Taniquetil, in which are situated the Halls of Manwë and Varda  8-)

And, for the Palantír of Elostirion, I thought about this beautiful picture  :)
It represents the arrival of Eärendil in the majestic Tirion, the main City of Eldamar and the Home of the Noldor in Aman; it was here that all the Noldorin Royal Family was born in the Years of the Trees  8-)
It would be a good reference, since Tirion is obviously the birthplace of Fëanor, who it is said to be the original Creator of all the Palantíri, with the aid of Melkor (when he pretended to have repented and be changed).

All the three pictures that I mentioned are pictures of Ted Nasmith, the official illustrator of many Tolkien's Writings.

What do you think?  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 22. Aug 2015, 18:46 »
i think they are awesome

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 22. Aug 2015, 18:49 »
i think they are awesome

Thank you very much  :)
Of course they are beautiful, it's Valinor  ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #25 am: 22. Aug 2015, 20:42 »
i hope those photos will be in the game later

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #26 am: 22. Aug 2015, 20:53 »
i hope those photos will be in the game later

I hope it too.
This is the only possible way there could be something related to Valinor in a Third Age Mod; these references may be not so fundamental for the gameplay, but they are really significant for the lore  ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 22. Aug 2015, 21:29 »
That is true! :) I like your suggestion, I always look on you like on some lore-keeper. :) 8-)
I agree about all you said about those pictures, main problem is with you and me and similar persons who knows what those pictures are about at first place :D (So those pictures "sting" our eyes when they are on wrong place, like that current Saruman hand "stings" my eyes).
I knew about Ted Nasmith and his works, also about John Howe and Alan Lee. :)
First I agree about change of that Círdan's ability palantir, that is really reasonable and lore accurate. Second that picture you (also I have proposed same picture in main comment of this topic) is really nice and descriptive, and we know who is Eärendil, and why this picture is epic and appropriate.  8-)
About your second picture (Tirion) also a lot of lore reasons, but simply that look of city is not something I would like to see inside that palantir look. I can't ague with you about this (you said correctly what you have on your mind and there are nice lore reasons), that is my simple opinion, I really don't find that look of Tirion like something nicely fitting into palantir. :P My opinion, nothing more, I really didn't like that picture from first time I saw it. xD
Sorry because I don't shape opinion with Gray about this. :D :D :D
I would more like some motives about Tol Eressëa or Tower of Avallónë, simply because of location of master stone. :) Or simply some picture about shores of Aman. :) :P C'Mon Walk, I know you have some of those picture. :D

P.S.Sorry for every missing "í" or any similar accent mistake, I know you are precise person and this is elven matter after all. :) :D
Cheers bro. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:45 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #28 am: 22. Aug 2015, 22:01 »
see you on the council boromir   :D

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 22. Aug 2015, 22:07 »
:D
Gray, it was funny, but mate have you been introduced with term of "spam"?  [uglybunti]

Walk, I am concerned, there are no reaction from you on my previous comment. :o