28. Mär 2024, 15:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: mounted/dismounted toggle for rohirrim  (Gelesen 2964 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
mounted/dismounted toggle for rohirrim
« am: 24. Jul 2015, 16:51 »
Just make all Rohan cavalry units able to dismount and fight as heavy infantry or elite archers after they reach level 2(the toggle command will replace the banner carrier upgrade button). They can only get back to horse back when they are near the stud farm or stables. An upgrade "recall horse" could be investigated in stable with two upgrades, after that Rohan cavalry could toggle between mounted/dismounted in the wild, but require a cool down time of 30 seconds. Give Eomer a final power to enhance dismounted Rohan cavalry when he fought on foot.

That could make Rohan cavalry more versatile in late game

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: mounted/dismounted toggle for rohirrim
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:11 »
I know from talking with the team that giving the mount/dismount ability a cooldown is impossible, and while this would be really really cool and an awesome way to counter pikes, I think this would be really overpowered. Enemy has pikes? You have infantry. Enemy has infantry? You have cavalry. Its too much.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:22 »
Well, firstly I don't know what information you got from the team, I think there are multiple ways to add "cool down" time for this toggle, for example, each time when the dismounted cavalry want to get back to horse back they need to "purchase" the upgrade again, just like Rohan traitors in previous version, and this purchase takes some time and money, that could be adjusted for balance

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Jul 2015, 17:34 »
I think only royal guards should be able to dismount, as only the royal guard are professional soldiers in the Rohan military, so logically they could fight on foot and on horseback.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Jul 2015, 19:55 »
Well, firstly I don't know what information you got from the team, I think there are multiple ways to add "cool down" time for this toggle, for example, each time when the dismounted cavalry want to get back to horse back they need to "purchase" the upgrade again, just like Rohan traitors in previous version, and this purchase takes some time and money, that could be adjusted for balance
Whoa, whats with the hostility? As for how I know there can't be a cooldown, its because I was discussing the Black Rider hero horde or Mordor and their ability to abuse their mount/dismount to trample enemies without being slowed down, because there is no cooldown on it, and Ealendril himself said that you cannot add a basic cooldown to the effect. I never thought of making the horses purchasable though, although I still think that having all units of Rohirrim able to dismount at will is far too much, it would make it impossible to engage an army of Rohirrim, because they could counter whatever army you have easily.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Jul 2015, 20:21 »
There is no hostility, I apologize for whatever misunderstanding my reply caused

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 24. Jul 2015, 22:09 »
The first sentence seemed a little sharp, no worries though no harm done :)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #7 am: 25. Jul 2015, 01:28 »
I think only royal guards should be able to dismount, as only the royal guard are professional soldiers in the Rohan military, so logically they could fight on foot and on horseback.
I think this could work well. Dismounting to avoid pikes is a very strong ability, I don't think regular cavalry should have that, as Kryptik said. However, for a limited hero unit it might fit, those are meant to be really powerful after all. This would also give Rohan a new powerful infantry option for the late game, which they lack at the moment. But at the same time, it would preserve Rohan's cavalry focus because your elite 'infantry' would be recruited from the stables and have a cavalry form.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 25. Jul 2015, 04:00 »
Yup, I heartily agree, that's why I made a thread about it :P As long as its implemented in game :D

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 25. Jul 2015, 05:31 »
I think this could work well. Dismounting to avoid pikes is a very strong ability, I don't think regular cavalry should have that, as Kryptik said. However, for a limited hero unit it might fit, those are meant to be really powerful after all. This would also give Rohan a new powerful infantry option for the late game, which they lack at the moment. But at the same time, it would preserve Rohan's cavalry focus because your elite 'infantry' would be recruited from the stables and have a cavalry form.

Glad you agree Lord of Mordor.  I also think this would solve the common request to make Hama's request permanent since Rohan would finally have a strong infantry unit without forcing Rohan players to level up a specific hero, which always strikes me as a poor way to implement important units because it forces players to stick with predetermined strategies rather than discovering their own.  Enablingg Mounted Royak guards To dismount would greatly help Rohan's late game whilst still maintaining balance.