28. Mär 2024, 10:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Problem to update Edain Core  (Gelesen 15051 mal)

Kaprika1

• Hobbit
Problem to update Edain Core
« am: 29. Jul 2015, 17:00 »
Hi, I have a problem to update this mod because when i click on update, launcher and submod are okay but I have always an error for Edain core like this message :

"Please report the message and what you did beforehand on hhtp://forum.modding-union.com
Log saved at: C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\La bataille pour la Terre du Milieu II\L'Avènement du Roi-Sorcier\EventLog_2015-07-29.log
Please also post the log"

or

"__edain_data.big not found. The update might not correctly in this case."

But I have this in my folder  :o

Thank you (sorry for my english, I'm french)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jul 2015, 17:04 von Kaprika1 »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Problem to update Edain Core
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Jul 2015, 17:23 »
The mod needs to be installed in the same folder as the original game. If you move the folder after installing the mod, it will not work.
Simpliest solution: Uninstall the mod, uninstall RotWK. Install RotWK again, patch it to 2.01, install the mod and update it. Through this every install path string should be correct and the launcher can handle the update.

Also: We can not make sure that the mod works correctly with every language of the game, we therefore only support english and german as languages. Just to mention it if you find some missing strings in the mod of something else. You can simply select the language you want while installing the game itself.

Kaprika1

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Jul 2015, 18:22 »
Yes, I have uninstall the mod and RotWK.
After I Have reinstalled RotWK and this patch 2.01 and the mod and the launcher update but i have the same problem ^^

I have this message for others files of Edain mod.

I have installed RotWK in the folder The Battle for Middle-earth II

Edit : I see a strange file for me ^^

This name : Einstellungen.ini

[starter]
aktoderdeakt=edain
autoupdate=off
[Switcher]
language=en
[tools]
shellmap=random
anonyme_daten=on
[Launcher]
Version=1003
[Updates]
MD5_Data=
MD5_Maps=
MD5_German=
MD5_Textures=506b7ff69c5c718e84bb4cb059bb3e9c
MD5_W3D=
MD5_Apt=
MD5_Apt_Widescreen=
MD5_English_Ini=
MD5_English_Voice=
MD5_Patch_De=
MD5_Patch_En=
MD5_Asset=
MD5_Textures1=
MD5_Textures2=
MD5_Terrain=
MD5_Music=
MD5_German_Big=
MD5_English_Big=

it's missing something ?
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jul 2015, 18:33 von Kaprika1 »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Jul 2015, 18:46 »
Seems like your registry strings got messed up.
Open the registry via tying "regedit" into the searchbar of your start menu / search function of windows 8.
Check this key "InstallPath" under this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king
and check if the install path correct, if not, edit it to the correct path.
Do the same thing for the key "InstallPath" under this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king

Everything should work then.

Kaprika1

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Jul 2015, 23:52 »
I suppose that BFME 2 don't run on windows 10  :-|

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Jul 2015, 00:45 »
It does.

SauSke

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Mär 2017, 02:31 »
Hi, I have a problem to update this mod because when i click on update, launcher and submod are okay but I have always an error for Edain core like this message :

"Please report the message and what you did beforehand on hhtp://forum.modding-union.com
Log saved at: C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\La bataille pour la Terre du Milieu II\L'Avènement du Roi-Sorcier\EventLog_2015-07-29.log
Please also post the log"

or

But I have this in my folder  :o

sorry for my english

Eldacar

• Hobbit
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Apr 2017, 23:42 »
I have a similar problem! Today I searched for new updates and there was an update for the edain core. I pressed "update" and at some points (while the download of the date was in progress) I get the messages "Edain_Mod_Launcher - Error renaming patch files" and "Edain_Mod_Launcher - Error renaming patch files 2". Although, the update process was completed, I am not able to read any "description text" on units, building, spells, heroes etc. in the game, I can only read their names. Also I do not know wether the game was really updated... everything looks the same.

The only thing I did I think was to try the original Rise of the Witch-king via the Edain Launcher. I did not move or touch any file anywhere. I was also puzzled about the "Auto-update" function, while the box it is ticked, from times to times I check manually for new updates and this time I found new stuff.

Please help me, I really find your work a masterpiece and I enjoy it everytime I play.

P.S. Sorry for my english :)